PDA

View Full Version : new owner of 05 EB GSR w/SSL

ebevo
09-05-2005, 12:28 PM
sup everyone,

i'm a proud owner of a 05 EB evo 8 GSR w/SSL

did my research and was expecting to pick up my evo from HB but didn't have my color i wanted and claimed that the color i wanted was impossible to get now* :roll:

salesperson was pushing a price for MSRP and i did mentioned i've read several posts on socalevo that got a sale price for few hundreds bucks above invoice...salesperson kept preaching how HB doesn't do markups...great i told the salesperson and said thanks but no thanks...i do my walking out the door routine and didn't get the usually wait a second we can do that offer reply

too bad i didn't see tom or rich since i knew i would've bought an evo if they were there

so i called south coast *yes signaling my cross over to the dark side and i've read the 7 page thread in the buyers forum* they had the color i wanted hmmm thinks to what the HB salesperson said :roll:

this was my 2nd time visiting south coast...1st time i was there a month ago with a friend some kid in a hawaiian shirt was trying to sell my friend an evo so badly...wouldn't even listen to why we were there in the first place...so expecting the same level of treatment but turned out it was the opposite

i was the last person there and they I kept them there until midnight LOL *so emotional draining that day*

strange how the way i was treated at south coast the 2nd time around was the way i expected to be treated at HB...i was thinking the whole time why didn't HB show the luv...goes to show anything can happened :-\

so bottom line i got what i wanted for 31,XXX k before TTL with 0% APR and i put 5K down.

impressions so far of the car are amazing...my dad was second guessing why i bought this car especially a Mitsu...a couple of test drives later he was so stoked and couldn't stop talking how fast the car was especially when it hit boost *made sure to tell him to keep it under 4k rpms*...my dad's the type to never get excited over things but the evo really has impressed him...he is amazed by the build quality of the car

don't know what people are complaining about cheap interior and quailty and the stiff ride...dang the car pulls even in 5th gear...freeway driving is so nice compared to my teg it's a nice step upwards* :2funny:

i do notice my car turns heads when i'm driving around and passengers and drivers just visually rape my car up and down and sideways etc O0

hope to meet up with some kool members and get some help on working on my car and gain some more knowledge about the evo

can't believe this is my 1st brand new car that i bought!!!!! :D

i've already done the clear bra and tinting...will be looking out for my fellow evo drivers and giving the thumbs up now that i'm driving one* ;)

peace

kimletrim
09-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Glad you are happy with your purchase. now be careful where you take your car for service. :?

drmosh
09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
welcome!

congrats on your purchase.

R3dline
09-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Congrats and welcome! O0

hksevo8
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
welcome aboard. hope you can make it out to one of our meets.

TuningTechnologies
09-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Congrats Man......one of my favorite colors!!!

GokuSSJ4
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
welcome aboard O0

WhiteEvoRS
09-06-2005, 10:58 AM
welcome bro!!!

itsnino
09-06-2005, 11:21 AM
welcome and congrats!!!

about the thumbs up thing, not many appreciate a "hi" anymore. i never get one in return, instead i have a "wtf are you waving at" response.* oh well.

HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!

ebevo
09-06-2005, 11:10 PM
thanks for the welcome...it's cool if ppl don't acknowledge back to another evo driver

dang today was 1st day taking the evo to work *cough one of a kind there* and people were just giving it the extra second stare...it was a nice day...then during my lunch break hopped in to due some errands and it felt great driving it around...i loved cruising in the parking lot afterwards to cool down the turbo and did the same thing today when i got home...i just couldn't stop thinking about my car today at work :crazy2:

ummm okay 91 fwy sucks balls when it comes to ride quality especially the car pool lane...the car was bumping like crazy...previously driven it on the 405 and 22 fwys and they were smooth

okay observation for the last few days is WTF is with me and porsches...seems like every porsches driver i've seen are trying to pace me...today as i was merging onto the 91 fwy i'm changing lanes trying to into the carpool lane and i'm about to enter the fast lane...two porsches go by me...one in the lead was a cayenne and the one trailing was a boxster S

soon as the boxster S went by me...i merged into the fast lane and reeled the boxster S in...the driver was like giving his side mirror quick glances and looked shocked then got all jumpy and decided to blast by the cayenne in front of him and decided to make do some lane changes in attempt to put some distance between me

i said i won't bite on that and decided to stay on my course and merge into the carpool lane...my carpooler was like duded you closed the distanced with that boxster S like it was nothing...i'm still shocked how hard 5th gear pulls on the fwy

i love how the boost kicks in our cars :smitten:

right now just breaking the car in and slowly exploring the handling and power of the evo and being safe about it O0

GokuSSJ4
09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
imagine how much more fun is when you achieve 320whp and you are going after vettes at the track :coolsmiley: