PDA

View Full Version : super loud ticking

BUDLoNG
09-07-2005, 02:58 AM
ive had ticking coming from the engine for a while,... thought nothing of it. But recently, the noise has gotten r e a l l y loud. If im crusing at 40 with the windows down i can hear it. If i have the windows up i can hear it. It only gets loud when im on the gas though. If im coasting with the clutch engaged, no noticable sound.. when i let out the clutch again as soon as the engine is engaged, it comes back.

BUDLoNG

BUDLoNG
09-07-2005, 11:08 AM
looked under my car.. noticed the undertray pins are missing in some spots..
gonna get some new ones and reattatch the entire undertray and see if that gets rid of the noise

05gsr
10-05-2005, 10:58 PM
ive had ticking coming from the engine for a while,... thought nothing of it.* But recently, the noise has gotten r e a l l y loud.* If im crusing at 40 with the windows down i can hear it.* If i have the windows up i can hear it.* It only gets loud when im on the gas though.* If im coasting with the clutch engaged, no noticable sound.. when i let out the clutch again as soon as the engine is engaged, it comes back.

BUDLoNG

hi there, i'm having the same ticking sound when i'm cruising 40mph. may i ask if you solved your problem? i took the car to the dealership and i went for a test drive with the technician and he said that he doesn't hear anything. the only thing i could think of is also the underpanels coz i removed the bumper to install an hid kit. and i saw a couple of plastic screws missing. i'd appreciate your help. thanks

BUDLoNG
10-07-2005, 11:19 AM
i got towed to a dealer after the car died. It was a blown gasket according to miller mistubishi. IT was covered under warranty, unbeleivably, and would have costed around 25-3k if i had to pay.

took two weeks to fix, those slow bastards.

evolved
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
?? a blown headgasket??