PDA

View Full Version : soon to be an evo ix owner!!! can not wait

wj4
09-09-2005, 11:31 AM
hey guys, a newbie here..joined the site a couple of days ago and love it.* i love small car forums that are nice rather than bigones that are all a-holes :twisted:
little things about myself...im 19 and have an 04 accord coupe v6 currently.* the reason im getting a new car is because this is weird* but bare with me....i got arrested during the summer here in so cal for speed racing.* the thing is that i wasnt, i was going kinda fast, 60 in 45 zone, and this riced civic tried to race me and gunned it, he gained on me since i stayed at 60 and didnt go any faster...at that point we got pulled over by undercover unit and got arrested.* to make the story short, $4000 lost to attorney and court fees, my dad felt sorry for me because im a pretty good kid, never been in trouble b4 so he offered to let me get a new car..but it cant be flashy or "race car" looking like say 350z or s2000.* i showed him the evo and he loved it...so now im just waiting til nov 6th to get it.* some of u may wonder why wait on that day?* 2 reasons...1.* right now im on a 3 months restriction license offer from court..i can only drive to/from work and school (my attorney got that for me instead of completely suspended lol).* and 2.* my bday is nov7th, so nov6th feels more "special"
im not lookin for sympathy here, just a little introduction about myself...im sure once i get the evo, i will become a regular postwhore on here :grin:* hopefully ill be able to make it to future meets near my house, the 818.
and oh yes, u already know HB mitsu will be the first place i go to :grin:
ps...im sure ill get revved at a lot in the evo, but from the previous lesson, i can learn to point my thumbs down at them :-P i already know my first mod hehe...powercoat the rims gold! gold on white car is niceeeeeeeeeee

Chris in SD
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
so he offered to let me get a new car..but it cant be flashy or "race car" looking like say 350z or s2000.* i showed him the evo and he loved it...

This is the first time I've ever heard of the Evo not looking flash or race car-looking... WOW

My advice - be VERY, VERY careful when you get the Evo. You'll get a ton more attention from the police than you suspect (pun intended).

Macky
09-09-2005, 01:23 PM
My advice - be VERY, VERY careful when you get the Evo.* You'll get a ton more attention from the police than you suspect (pun intended).

+1

wj4
09-09-2005, 02:59 PM
lol yes i agree...i have a coworker who has a couple friends in the LAPD racing division and some on the PCH. he was the one who educated them about cars like evos and sti's.
my dad is old school, he doesnt like the new modernized cars that has the curb bodies. he likes the boxy ones lol. i already know the police can mess with u a bit if they want to so with this car, i wont even do the tinting on front windows or stuff like that. im still so excited about the car! 2 more months :D

ebevo
09-11-2005, 02:27 PM
dude if the civic challenged ya while you were in the accord...expect to get alot more from SRTs, stangs, subbies, and the typical civic with the fart can

oh ya the visual raping of your car from peeps while you're waiting for the light to change O0

just have to be smart on when to bite :police:

hope you u get IX and enjoy it :coolsmiley:

kimmievo
09-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, just be careful! I think you'll get a lot more looks and challenges to race in the Evo compared to the 350z or the S2000. And when you first get your Evo, it's gonna be hard to keep it under the speed limit, lol. Anyways, good luck on the purchase!

wj4
09-11-2005, 08:14 PM
dude if the civic challenged ya while you were in the accord...expect to get alot more from SRTs, stangs, subbies, and the typical civic with the fart can

oh ya the visual raping of your car from peeps while you're waiting for the light to change O0

just have to be smart on when to bite :police:

hope you u get IX and enjoy it :coolsmiley:

lol i wont race in this car. its funny because all the ppl i know with really nice cars pamper their cars, while the ones in the cheap rice buckets think they own the streets. youre right though, when i go in my friends evo, he gets revved at by all types of cars. we just laugh at them and drive off normally

thugline
09-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Yo man, fuck the cops! Just add a stroker kit, a bigger turbo and the rest of the bolt-ons and keep you paper dealer plates on for a while and just race on the freeway and on the trak. It's easier to get away from the cops and make sure there's no traffic :2funny:lol. I hope you injoy your new purchase and if you can afford it buy an MR. :police: :knuppel2: :mitsu:

wj4
09-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Yo man, fuck the cops! Just add a stroker kit, a bigger turbo and the rest of the bolt-ons and keep you paper dealer plates on for a while and just race on the freeway and on the trak. It's easier to get away from the cops and make sure there's no traffic :2funny:lol. I hope you injoy your new purchase and if you can afford it buy an MR. :police: :knuppel2: :mitsu:

ROFL!! nah man, i think racing in general is dumb and soil the name of all car hobbyists. car will be stock until fall..want to get used to it b4 modding it. and i will get a gsr with sun, sound and leather. i cant afford to pay an MR in full and dont want to finance. i already talked to a few members and they offered to show me love by being at the dealership when i go in to make sure i get a solid deal :grin: