PDA

View Full Version : New site issues???

KRS333
09-13-2005, 11:10 AM
I sometimes have trouble getting the site up & my buddy Steve can not even log in anymore.. Anybody else having problems..

silvery_eagle
09-13-2005, 11:17 AM
me too.. .sometimes i can't even access to the site..
and some times it's extremely slow!

One Evo Pinay
09-13-2005, 11:18 AM
Well it was down last night but it's cuz of the blackout.

rammsteinmatt
09-13-2005, 02:15 PM

+1

Thero
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM

+1

+2

evosd
09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah I'm having problems with it being slow as well!

Late Apex
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
same here, bring the old one back!!! :'(

Coolguy949
09-13-2005, 02:43 PM
With the new site design, the software uses slighty more server processes than the last site. In addition, the main problem with the site speed is that a lot more people are now accessing it than before. Probably because the new site design and the more friendly search engine, etc. This will be fixed this week. We're adding more RAM to the server.

thetaxguy
09-13-2005, 02:56 PM
More ram is definately a good thing. However, two things I really liked about the old site are: the scrolling "recent post" area, and the fact that when you reply to a post you are taken right back to the post. Is there any way to set it up again whether it's global or by individual user settings?
Thanks.

Evo8forme
09-13-2005, 03:16 PM
I like the old site better. Less complicated and much more straight forward.

Coolguy949
09-13-2005, 03:16 PM
You have to set that in your individual preferences by clicking "Profile" up top and selecting "Look and Layout Preferences" and check the box that says "Return to topics after posting by default."

Rob

Coolguy949
09-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I like the old site better. Less complicated and much more straight forward.

Yeah, but once you do the initial setup in your options the site can function better than the old one.

So, by liking the old site you'd like to return to:

- Not being able to attach photos to your posts.
- Not being able to fine tune the way the forum looks for you.
- Not being able to hide avatars, sigs, or ignore certain users.
- Having the site go down periodically because of hack attempts.
- Not having the forums organized in to sub-forums for regional, etc.
- Not having a gallery and calendar completely integrated with the forum.
- Not having a more modern and up to date look for the site.
- Not having the ability to know the birthday's of fellow members.

along with a lot of other benefits this new site creates, which we spent about 2 months working on.

Sure, we could have gone with vBulletin or the newest version of phpBB but we wanted a unique look for the site. We didn't want to conform to the format other car clubs have adopted. Instead, we created our own. This is why we emphasize feedback so much. "I like the old site better" isn't going to help us much. Instead, specify what you liked more and we can try to integrate it in to the new site. I can't even count how many revisions we've made to the new site since it's launch a few weeks back because of member feedback.

SpdyEvo02
09-13-2005, 03:47 PM
the new site is way easier to use. the photos in your post is awsome and the customization parts are awsome too. I dont see why you guys like the old site better.

Macky
09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I like this new site better. it definitely is very unique and offers a lot more (as far as i can tell) flexibility and benefits over the old site. i dont mind the speed issue, ive been on slower sites before, and this is nowhere near as "slow".

tlin8
09-13-2005, 04:15 PM
does anyone know why i can post new thread on the forum?

Coolguy949
09-13-2005, 04:36 PM
can or cant?

hksevo8
09-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Listen up all you newbies with less than 500 posts.* Get over it and learn to deal with the new setup.* If you chose to take the time to look around the site you would find that it is much easier to use and offers a hell of alot more user friendly features than the old one.* If you miss the rolling post on the main screen, just look to the right side of the new home page and it is there.* The only difference is that is does not take 15 seconds to view all of the newest posts because it does not need to roll up from the bottom of the screen.* Sorry if i pissed anyone off, but I do not think most of you realize the hard work and tough choices made by the admins.* * ;) ;)

SpdyEvo02
09-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Listen up all you newbies with less than 500 posts. Get over it and learn to deal with the new setup. If you chose to take the time to look around the site you would find that it is much easier to use and offers a hell of alot more user friendly features than the old one. If you miss the rolling post on the main screen, just look to the right side of the new home page and it is there. The only difference is that is does not take 15 seconds to view all of the newest posts because it does not need to roll up from the bottom of the screen. Sorry if i pissed anyone off, but I do not think most of you realize the hard work and tough choices made by the admins. ;) ;)

+1

drmosh
09-13-2005, 06:19 PM
We like constructive feedback... that is good, but a whine like "I like the old site better!" does nothing, the old site is gone, forever except in archive form and will never come back, so go back and cry to your mommies who bought you your Evos.

:2funny:

Coolguy949
09-14-2005, 05:47 PM
The site should be faster now, we added 1 gig of ram. We have another 1 gig going in next week too.