PDA

View Full Version : Newbies posting Polls?

hksevo8
09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
I just came across a poll that was asking which BOV is the best.* Although I wanted to uleash on the newbie and ask him/her if they searched for this topic already being discussed, I thought it would be better to ask why the hell newbies are allowed to post polls.* Does anyone else think we should limit the access of a newbie on Socalevo.* I am not looking to turn new members away or discourage them to post when necessary, I am just wondering if there is a way we can help them learn how to use the site?

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=12636.msg6580630;topicseen#msg6580630

hksevo8
09-15-2005, 12:08 PM
LISTEN CHUMP I KNOW MORE ABOUT CARS THAN YOUR MOM KNOWS ABOUT KNEE PADS LOSER

that maybe true, but do you know how to use a the search function here? :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

ultraflip
09-15-2005, 12:12 PM
knows more about cars than his mom w/ knee pads.. hmm... and then he posts a poll about BOV's? riiiigghht

Absinthe
09-15-2005, 12:18 PM
I just came across a poll that was asking which BOV is the best.* Although I wanted to uleash on the newbie and ask him/her if they searched for this topic already being discussed, I thought it would be better to ask why the hell newbies are allowed to post polls.* Does anyone else think we should limit the access of a newbie on Socalevo.* I am not looking to turn new members away or discourage them to post when necessary, I am just wondering if there is a way we can help them learn how to use the site?

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=12636.msg6580630;topicseen#msg6580630

Has this poll been made before? I couldn't find one when I searched, stop being such hard asses to the new kids most people on here were newbies at some point and didn't know their earhole from their asshole.

ultraflip
09-15-2005, 12:22 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=search2

i found 4 pages just on the topic of BOV...

Chris in SD
09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
LISTEN CHUMP I KNOW MORE ABOUT CARS THAN YOUR MOM KNOWS ABOUT KNEE PADS LOSER

that maybe true, but do you know how to use a the search function here?* *:knuppel2: :knuppel2:

All these e-thugs... Makes me want to bring a pipe wrench to the next meet and just put idiots in their places... :knuppel2:

Absinthe
09-15-2005, 12:30 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&action=search2

i found 4 pages just on the topic of BOV...

yeah so did I but my point was he is considering 1 of those 5 BOV"S and wanted feedback, no one ran a poll exactly like that before that I found so it seems like a fair question there isnt really a need to jump on the guy just move it to the newbie forum.

digitalxdna
09-15-2005, 01:02 PM
All these e-thugs... Makes me want to bring a pipe wrench to the next meet and just put idiots in their places... :knuppel2:

louisville slugger. but i digress...

for a member (especially a newbie) to go as far as insulting other members (especially the more knowledgeable members)... it's just asking for inflammatory remarks.

so next time you post, don't insult people. otherwise you're gonna get what you deserve.

hksevo8
09-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Yes, there has never been a poll on the Best BOV on the market. *But my point is that I think we need to limit the ability of those new to the site. *I want new members to join, and get an understanding of what socalevo can offer. *Hell if I am wrong, then let me know. *I am human and am not always correct.

digitalxdna
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
Yes, there has never been a poll on the Best BOV on the market. *But my point is that I think we need to limit the ability of those new to the site. *I want new members to join, and get an understanding of what socalevo can offer. *Hell if I am wrong, then let me know. *I am human and am not always correct.

+1

Absinthe
09-15-2005, 04:04 PM

+1

Its my opinion we should limit this shit +1 what the fuck thanks for the goddamn input.

EvoPwr
09-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Yes, there has never been a poll on the Best BOV on the market. But my point is that I think we need to limit the ability of those new to the site. I want new members to join, and get an understanding of what socalevo can offer. Hell if I am wrong, then let me know. I am human and am not always correct.

+1

Its my opinion we should limit this shit +1 what the fuck thanks for the goddamn input.

+1

Coolguy949
09-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Not a problem at all. Our new forum software allows us to limit who can post polls by post count.

Good idea.

EvoPwr
09-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Not a problem at all. Our new forum software allows us to limit who can post polls by post count.

Good idea.

BRILLIANT!

Chris in SD
09-16-2005, 07:37 AM

Good idea.

BRILLIANT!

+1 (I had to fuck with you, Absinthe O0)

Macky
09-16-2005, 07:47 AM
for (supposedly) 6 mil he should just buy every bov in the market and then decide, but i guess that obvious choice hasnt come up yet. assuming he does have 6 mil and assuming he does have a working brain to think with.

im all for restricting n00b activity.

GokuSSJ4
09-16-2005, 09:49 AM

Good idea.

BRILLIANT!

+1* (I had to fuck with you, Absinthe* O0)

should i make this a sticky ??? LOL....
IMO limiting noobs to what they can post it's a great idea, but for how long and if so give them "trial account status " till either a certain amount of time or posts ..

digitalxdna
09-16-2005, 10:11 AM
so what's the post count before members can post polls?