PDA

View Full Version : Car has problem please help!!

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi guys, my car just suddenly give out white smokes out of the exhaust..
I checked my coolant level and the radiator is empty..
people from evolutionm.net says that my headgasket is blown...
what do you guys say??
Can anyone recommend a shop in LA area for me to fix this???

Coolguy949
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Does the car run at all?

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
the car runs, giving out quite abit of white smoke at idle...
I just checked my car, oil is empty, coolant is empty..
something must be really wrong here...
what's your thought?

ultraflip
09-16-2005, 04:27 PM
e-mail the owner of www.myevostore.com... very reputable shop in my opinion... if not RRE has never let anyone down... =)... good luck

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:30 PM
e-mail the owner of www.myevostore.com... very reputable shop in my opinion... if not RRE has never let anyone down... =)... good luck

thanks, isn't coolguy949 the owner of myevostore.com?? I read somewhere if i'm not mistaken ?? :?

rammsteinmatt
09-16-2005, 04:31 PM

thanks, isn't coolguy949 the owner of myevostore.com?? I read somewhere if i'm not mistaken ?? :?

yes

i say refill fluids and see what happens

emperor_gp
09-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't take the chance of starting it at all. If I were you, I'd get it towed to whatever shop you're going to get the work done. IMO, just lowering the chances of messing it up even more.

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't take the chance of starting it at all.* If I were you, I'd get it towed to whatever shop you're going to get the work done.* IMO, just lowering the chances of messing it up even more.

yeah i think that's what i'm going to do.. thanks anyway

Skiracer
09-16-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd recommend going to a shop with heavy experience with Mitsubishi's since this will be more of a diagnosis issue than a tuning/performance issue.

hksevo8
09-16-2005, 04:41 PM
Quick question? Do you still have your warranty? If the head gasket is gone, this might be a pretty expensive repair bill.

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:48 PM
Quick question?* Do you still have your warranty?* If the head gasket is gone, this might be a pretty expensive repair bill.

I believe mine is long-gone... I have RnR GT30R kit....
how much do you think it should cost fixing everything up??
what might be the cause of this anyway?? i did not overboost or anything..
only 21 psi

EvoPwr
09-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Quick question? Do you still have your warranty? If the head gasket is gone, this might be a pretty expensive repair bill.

Yea that is true, if so take it to the dealer.

EvoPwr
09-16-2005, 04:50 PM

only 21 psi

Oh boy, how long has it been since you did any modifications?

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:51 PM
I'd recommend going to a shop with heavy experience with Mitsubishi's since this will be more of a diagnosis issue than a tuning/performance issue.

I believe Rob or RRE has good Mitsu experience dont they? I dont think it's wise for me to bring the car to Mitsu dealer, they will screw me...

fr34k
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Quick question?* Do you still have your warranty?* If the head gasket is gone, this might be a pretty expensive repair bill.

only 21 psi

Since the 3rd day of my car's life.... this thing sucks.. how much do you guys think will all these cost me??

EvoPwr
09-16-2005, 04:52 PM

only 21 psi

Since the 3rd day of my car's life.... this thing sucks.. how much do you guys think will all these cost me??

no i mean when was the last time you did any modifications? one week ago? one month ago?

hksevo8
09-16-2005, 04:58 PM
It is really hard to tell how much it will cost to fix. Get in touch with Rob. He is very knowledgeble and will not screw you over.

Coolguy949
09-16-2005, 04:59 PM
I say go to RRE over me, I have a few years experience on the 4G63 but I barely scratch the surface to what RRE's competence is at fixing advanced engine issues.

I'm sure there's remnants throughout the engine bay of oil and coolant right? It's not just vanished I assume. Is there a blast zone where it all went? Also, check the oil return line on the turbo. An RnR kit I installed about a year ago had a leak in the return line because the fitting was too big.

Coolguy949
09-16-2005, 05:01 PM
Did the problem just start happening out of nowhere? Or where you on the throttle then boom.

If you blew the head gasket the car would feel super sluggish because of the compression loss.

fr34k
09-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Did the problem just start happening out of nowhere? Or where you on the throttle then boom.

If you blew the head gasket the car would feel super sluggish because of the compression loss.

I did a 3rd gear pull on the freeway on the way home, and when i exited and slowed down, I started seeing smoke behind me, didn't get on boost after that...
my last mod was the RNR kit installed about 3 months ago, which i have only been driving for about a month.
oh yea rob, you mentioned to cehck the oil return line to the turbo, what about it? check whether it has oil leaked around it?

bbar
09-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Are all the coolant lines still attached to the turbo as well as the motor? Can you see where any lines may be leaking or where they could have been leaking? All of your coolant leaked out someplace so it shouldn’t be too hard to tell where it leaked out from.

Coolguy949
09-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Are you running a MAF?

You might have blown an intercooler hose. I doub't it though because the drive home would have been pretty tough.

fr34k
09-16-2005, 06:00 PM
Are you running a MAF?

You might have blown an intercooler hose. I doub't it though because the drive home would have been pretty tough.

I do have a MAF. I just checked the turbo for shaft play, Robert suggested me to check it. it has definately more play than the stock turbo, maybe twice as much. I just checked my stock turbo too, but i'm not sure how much should it be able to move if the turbo is OK? how much tolerance?

Coolguy949
09-16-2005, 06:26 PM
First thing that comes to mind with white smoke is dying turbo, but since yours is so new I ruled that out. Hopefully that's the problem.

rsmatt
09-17-2005, 07:13 AM
you should do a compresion test and check the plugs while you have them out. a buddie of mine had a super charged mustang that blew the ring lands of #3-#4 cylinders. the head gaskets where also toast in that car and it sounds alot like the problem your having. even if you just pull the plugs out it should be pretty clear what is going on. one more thing, did you save all of your stock parts? if so it might be worth putting the car back to stock and having it towed into the dealer. all they can say is no. good luck bro i hope it works out for you.

TuningTechnologies
09-17-2005, 03:47 PM
One thing many people dont know about the 4g63 motor is that many times if the headgasket is blown, it will not be reflected in the oil and coolant. In other words they will not show signs of mixing. Also the plugs will not show as having been burning coolant etc....its just the way the 4g is set up that causes this. It may burn some coolant but most of the time its gone because its been forced out of the overflow. I would not drive it until you figured it out and solved the issue. If you still need help feel free to call us up and maybe we can answer some questions for you? Either way, good luck in solving your problem.

Alfred at TTech

fr34k
09-18-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate all your helps!
I really like you guys more compared to some people in evolutionm.net that just bitch around with me and doesnt help at all...

fr34k
09-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Guys, i need another help..... I contacted RoadRace and they're really busy until 2-3 weeks from now :'(
Can you guys reccomend me another good tuner who can repair my car asap??? or maybe any of you know the guys at RRE really well and maybe can help me get a time slot earlier??
I am now renting a car, so if the repair keeps getting delayed, I am dead..
please help guys!!

Coolguy949
09-23-2005, 03:19 PM
What ended up being wrong with it?

EvoPwr
09-23-2005, 03:48 PM

??? minds want to know.

fr34k
09-23-2005, 05:31 PM

actually I still dont know what's going on either...
I'll think i gonna give Ttechnology a call on Monday, and hopefully they're available really soon

BUDLoNG
09-23-2005, 07:55 PM
i just got my car back from the dealer.. blown headgasket..
it was covered under warranty, buty the invoice said the price would have been around 1800 bucks. Thats what they charge mistu corporate. I would think for the average consumer with no warrarnty that price would be doubled.

Ralliartpnoi
09-24-2005, 02:46 AM
if theres white smoke that should be water getting in the combustion chamber... u sed no oil and no coolant when u checked it? thats impossible for it to disappear taht quick.. theres no leaks or any fluids even on the floor? even if it was leaving thru the exhaust there would be some evidence. my best guess is u blew the head, maybe excessive boosting

fr34k
09-25-2005, 09:50 PM
i just got my car back from the dealer.. blown headgasket..* *
it was covered under warranty, buty the invoice said the price would have been around 1800 bucks.* Thats what they charge mistu corporate.* I would think for the average consumer with no warrarnty that price would be doubled.

damn! that's expensive... hopefully it wouldnt come up to that amt.. thanks anyway for the info