PDA

View Full Version : i came here to learn!

oct7th1987
09-23-2005, 12:20 PM
hey. still kinda new to stickshift. when shifting.. clutch in all the way? cuz when i clutch in like half way.. it engages smoothly.. i think. when racing.. clutch in half way?

my differential fluid is AT the "min" line... still driveable right?

Blak94GSX
09-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Clutch pedal to the floor ALWAYS.

Look in the owner's manual on how to properly check and fill the ACD reservoir. It lists the type of fluid you need, and whether to check it hot or cold.

KRS333
09-23-2005, 12:25 PM
hey.* still kinda new to stickshift.* when shifting.. clutch in all the way?* cuz when i clutch in like half way.. it engages smoothly.. i think.* when racing.. clutch in half way?

Dont use the EVO as a teaching tool.. Get your buddies junker & kill his clutch.. Then drive it like you stole it!

Macky
09-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Dont use the EVO as a teaching tool..

unless you plan on spending a ton of money in repairs.

EvoPwr
09-23-2005, 12:39 PM
Dont use the EVO as a teaching tool..

unless you plan on spending a ton of money in repairs.

dave learned on the evo :2funny:

SpdyEvo02
09-23-2005, 01:28 PM
i learned my evo and still have stock clutch with no problems but it was easy for me because i am used to clutches on dirtbikes althought not the same thing it is the same concept

subgraphic
09-23-2005, 01:29 PM
ok heres the ting take a corner at 35 or 45racing a ***** had a blow out sled into the crub hit 2 fents 2 burshes 4 brick and a trash can but anywho now I have a load cam knock it sounds like but I'm not sure my oil pan may have got pushed back alittle so I dont know if my oil pump got damgaed and itsn't get oil to the top of the cams does anyone have any ideas what else it could be and yea I spanked the little rice hatch back

apexstrafer
09-23-2005, 01:35 PM
HAA!!! ^^^

that's classic vwvortex! NICE!

subgraphic
09-23-2005, 11:31 PM
HAA!!! ^^^

that's classic vwvortex! NICE!

O0

escabar
09-24-2005, 12:57 AM
hey. still kinda new to stickshift. when shifting.. clutch in all the way? cuz when i clutch in like half way.. it engages smoothly.. i think. when racing.. clutch in half way?

Dont use the EVO as a teaching tool.. Get your buddies junker & kill his clutch.. Then drive it like you stole it!

I learned in a superbeetle...manual steering...manual everything sucked...

Ralliartpnoi
09-24-2005, 02:57 AM
practice how to engage the clutch without pressing your gas, itll move forward and to a small crawl when u finally got your foot off the clutch fully. if let out right, u wont need give gas at all. thats a good baby step to start off with then start moving a lil faster using ur gas. and yeah clutch in all the way when u shift, dont burn that baby to ashes... save the burns for when ur launching

kcross
09-24-2005, 03:35 AM
good advice above me. thats how my dad taught me, but that was in an corvette z06... you know those things will go 12mph without any gas...

Senshi
09-24-2005, 02:12 PM
practice how to engage the clutch without pressing your gas, itll move forward and to a small crawl when u finally got your foot off the clutch fully. if let out right, u wont need give gas at all. thats a good baby step to start off with then start moving a lil faster using ur gas. and yeah clutch in all the way when u shift, dont burn that baby to ashes... save the burns for when ur launching

this is great advice, this is how i tought my self in my evo just go slow at first i know its frusterating but then ull get O0

nurb2
09-24-2005, 06:24 PM
With the '03 it's hard to just let the clutch out with no gas. Not hard really but it sort of bogs and chatters. On the '05 it's super easy.

-nurb2-

GokuSSJ4
09-26-2005, 08:44 AM
With the '03 it's hard to just let the clutch out with no gas. Not hard really but it sort of bogs and chatters. On the '05 it's super easy.

-nurb2-

BAH!! :buck2:

oct7th1987
09-26-2005, 09:24 AM
man.. i just wanna learn how to drive better. cuz my GF got an rx8 stickshift before i got my 8gsr... and she drives better stickshift than me... lol.. im ashamed. lol. but atleast i can still smoke her... i hope.. we havent raced yet

rammsteinmatt
09-26-2005, 10:58 AM
i hope you could beat her. you have 4 cylinders and 2 turbone blades, she only has 2 triangles and weak pop-out doors O0

SpdyEvo02
09-26-2005, 11:09 AM
the rx8 are sick looking on the inside my sis has one but it is auto what a shame

j_nizzle
09-26-2005, 04:09 PM
man.. i just wanna learn how to drive better. cuz my GF got an rx8 stickshift before i got my 8gsr... and she drives better stickshift than me... lol.. im ashamed. lol. but atleast i can still smoke her... i hope.. we havent raced yet

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

grubiaco
11-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Always stick the clutch all they way down. Also, don't ride your clutch.

llxzxll
11-23-2005, 09:05 AM
what is the exact definition of riding the clutch?

is it when you're sitting on the clutch fully engaged (pressed down completely) like when you're waiting in traffic, or is it when you're slowly lifting the clutch while slowly pressing the throttle (and just sitting there letting it catch)

EvolvedMCC
11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
riding the clutch means that you are basically using it as a dead pedal, resting your foot on it even though you aren't about to change gears. people unknowingly will leave their foot on the clutch and apply pressure without feeling it, and basically it will wear out faster. if you ain't gonna shift, keep your left foot on the dead pedal...

at least that's what i think....lol.

:D