PDA

View Full Version : turbotimer having problems

mrcotija
09-25-2005, 01:27 PM
i've had my turbotimer since the hks meet and it was working fine, but just recently its been misfunctioning. when i turn off my car and everything it will run for about 3 seconds (sometimes it will just turn off) and then turn off.. it doesnt stay on as long as it is supposed to... does anyone know what may be wrong with it? please help.

larry, i may be paying u a visit so u can check it out.

j_nizzle
09-25-2005, 01:30 PM
did you pull your e-brake before shutting the car off?

have you changed the settings in anyway recently?

NRG
09-25-2005, 01:41 PM
You said that it sometimes shuts off after 3 seconds, well if you have your timer set on AUTO mode, it will calculate how much time it should stay on for so it can vary from shutting off right away or if you have been driving hard, it will shut off 2 mins later. If you are using the HKS Type-1, there is a option you can set for manual shutdown which you can choose how long you want it to stay on.

mrcotija
09-25-2005, 01:45 PM
yes, i do pull the ebrake, and i know about the automode, i have the 0type but i can set it to auto or manual.. remember, i've had it since the hks meet so i know how to work it, this just started happening recently.. even when i set it for lets say 30 seconds, it will still shut off before its over.

j_nizzle
09-25-2005, 02:02 PM
this is interesting.....check the harness and all the little cables and such...see if anything is not all the way in or loose.

NRG
09-25-2005, 02:49 PM
yes, i do pull the ebrake, and i know about the automode, i have the 0type but i can set it to auto or manual.. remember, i've had it since the hks meet so i know how to work it, this just started happening recently.. even when i set it for lets say 30 seconds, it will still shut off before its over.

In that case, check the wire that goes from the timer to your e-brake...

mrcotija
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
yeah, i'm gonna check it when i get the time, i'm a little busy right now, but i'm pretty sure thats the loose wire, cuz sometimes it will work, and sometimes it just shuts off with the car.. i'll let you guys know.

gofaster87
09-25-2005, 03:11 PM
You could just get rid of it. Turbo timers are worthless.

genrec
09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
What harness are you using??? I've heard of some people having problems with the Greddy harness.

mrcotija
09-25-2005, 06:26 PM
i'm using an hks harness

sidewaysevo
09-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Check to see if its grounded right, and check the wire going to the ebrake. Its probably loose.

nurb2
09-25-2005, 09:02 PM

+1

-nurb2-

genrec
09-26-2005, 07:42 AM

+1

-nurb2-

+3....BUT dont you just love it when you walk away from your car, and somebody yells "hay, you left your car on" and you say "oh it will shut down by itself", and they " oh cool"....and you say yah "i know"..... :2funny: :2funny:

kidding this has never happened... ;)

ultraflip
09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
sidewaysevo is right on the money....

ground wire... make sure it has a good contact against the surface of whatever you attached it to...
e-brake wire... make sure it's still connected to the TT... also check the tap where the e-brake is... does it still have a good contact?
may want to check your power wire as well.. is it fully in tact? check the connector on that....

if that doesn't work...

pop your trunk open
under the mat... you'll find a lil black bag w/ 2 items in it
1 of those items is a tire iron....
take that tire iron...
and aggressivly hit the turbo timer against the dash...
if you hit the turbo timer correctly... it'll crack...
if you miss. hey... at least you smash your dash up

turbolarry
09-26-2005, 12:25 PM
larry, i may be paying u a visit so u can check it out.

I'll be at the meet tonight. I hate those plastic clips. I knew I sould have soldred the ebrake connection. :tickedoff:
We'll check it out.
O0

mrcotija
09-26-2005, 03:06 PM
i have school tonight so i wont be able to make it. i'm available wed and thursday mornings.. its been working lately, but i know its only cuz the wire's loose, so it will work sometimes and sometimes it wont.

philthyevo
07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey guys i hope you can help

This is the second Greddy Turbo Timer i put into my EVO IX.* Both times its not working right.

Pretty much it will count up if i drive hard or am on the freeway....but if i turn the engine off with the key, it will quickly turn off and on and work....but if i take the key out, it turns off...* :tickedoff:

Also none of the other modes work....only counts up and down...(and im using the plug and play harnass

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks