PDA

View Full Version : Help install T-bolt clamps in OC area

ebevo
09-27-2005, 08:58 AM
I've read threads on how the IC pipes can pop off suddenly and the OEM worm clamps will eventually give out...before i bought the evo

Right now I'm almost at 1K...and pretty soon going to kiss that 4k RPM restriction goodbye :twisted:

Decided I would replace the OEM worm clamps now and save myself the heart attack scare...and so far I researched on the sizes for the t-bolt clamps

2.5" for upper pipe and intercooler
2.25" for lower pipe
2.75 for throttle body

plan to try napa or pep boys...read places like diesel trunks stores carry t-bolt clamps as well...any other places recommend that i can get them at?

also is it necessary to perform the hairspray patch since the pipes haven't popped off yet?

most importantly anybody experienced willing to help out a fellow socalevo member with this install...since i figure the lower pipes is going to involve removal of the front bumper

thanks

ultraflip
09-27-2005, 09:04 AM
where in irvine are you?
RRE carries t-bolts
ams has t-bolts which is in irvine...

i've done the hairspray mod... better safe than sorry...
my shxxt hasn't popped off ever since

ebevo
10-03-2005, 03:02 PM
bump for install help?

i'm located in anaheim...so RRE would be closest for me

ultraflip
10-03-2005, 03:04 PM
install help? they're jus t-bolts...

well... i'm in anaheim wensday and thursday nights... from 6-11 @ itt tech... more than willing to help you out during my breaks... it doesn't take that long

nurb2
10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
install help? they're jus t-bolts...

+1 and :2funny:

I never had any hoses pop off my '03 and I had the stock clamps. I did re-torque them every oil change though, along with everything else in the engine bay. Evo rattles things loose.

-nurb2-