PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Trouble!! RIGHT NOW.

Evolution22plus1
09-29-2005, 11:35 AM
So i'm getting off the freeway about 30 min ago. I pull up to the next intersection waiting for the light to turn green when it does i step on the clutch and it just snaps all the way back and stays there. I looked down and it was was all the against the floor so i pull it up and it stays up. I then try to step on it and now it wont go down its stuck. I can't push the clutch down to turn the car back on. So now im waiting for the tow truck to take me to the dealer ETA for the tow truck they told me 90 min. Im over here on Long Beach BLvd in lynwood by the 105 west. Anyone have an idea on what it could be?

ultraflip
09-29-2005, 11:38 AM
clutch cylinder failed...
and/or
the fork on it snapped

silvery_eagle
09-29-2005, 12:11 PM
ultraflip you're near by.. go help him!
:D :2funny:

ultraflip
09-29-2005, 12:31 PM
where is he... i'll help... =)

Coolguy949
09-29-2005, 12:40 PM
A few things:

The clutch release cylinder push rod popped out of place.
The clutch release fork that attaches to the throwout bearing snapped.
The little spring clip that attaches the thowout bearing to the pressure plate popped out or broke.

Evolution22plus1
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Well my car is at cerritos mitsu because the warranty roadside asst. said it had to go there. I requested HB but they said no. So now cerritos is gonna check it, im gonna be w/o a car again for like the 5th time. There prolly gonna give me shit about my RRE clutch again like HB Mitsu did. Why can't they just fix my damn car. They talk to so nice when ur buying the car then once u leave the dealer your on ur own. I getting tired of this crap, I do love my car but I hate goin' thru this stuff....I cant wait to see what they tell me, if they call and say "dont worry we're gonna take care of it" i will be xtremely surprised.......

Evolution22plus1
09-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Can ANYONE hook me up with a tow truck....I need to tow my car from Cerritos Mitsu to RRE shop tomorrow morning....please let me know asap....

Coolguy949
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
RRE is close to cerritos, it shouldn't be too much $$ to tow. It would be cool if someone lets you use their AAA though. I dont have AAA. :(

qsjoeygst
09-29-2005, 06:28 PM
do you have triple A or know someone that has it. You could ask them for the tow. i would help you out since im going to Cerritos tomorrow, but i cant find my card at the moment.

Evolution22plus1
10-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Update: First of all I want to thank the guys at RRE for fixing my Evo! So, I ended borrowing my friends AAA and towed it to RRE. Tony and the fellas fixed it. It turns out the throw out bearing fell apart from the previous installation which was at HB Mitsu. So today i went to HB Mitsu to get reimbursed for the $550 i payed at RRE. I took the broken part and showed it to Doug at HB and he was trying to tell me that wasnt a stock bearing. SO we compared it to a brand new stock throw out bearing and it was exactly the same. So now im waiting for my reimbursement check.

cjcollas
10-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Thats some good fucking news. Grats on getting the reimbursemnet. O0

Evolution22plus1
10-11-2005, 06:52 PM
You times like these make me REALLY hate Mitsubishi. So I get a call from DOug today about my reimbursement. He tells me that because I have and aftermarket clutch that it cannot be warrantied. He tells me that they investigated and the as far as Mitsu records go there have never been ANY issues with the stock clutch causing the stock TO bearing to break. Therefore if i would have had a stock clutch it wouldnt have happened. My question to everyone hear, has anyone here had any issues with the stock TO Bearing and the warranty?