PDA

View Full Version : It pays to be old.

WavMixer
10-02-2005, 05:32 PM
I got pulled over on the 14 today, and the cop asked me to get out of the car when I told him I didn't know how fast I was going. I knew I had hit tirple digits earlier, but when the radar dector went off, I was in the 80's. Thought Mrs. Wav might be driving the Evo home by herself for a little bit. I went back into the car looking for the registration and insurance papers which were at home... oops. He told me my muffler was illegal and I quoted the 95 Db law to him. He asked me if I'd like to challenge him on that, I said no. I then told me he expected to see some 20 year old kid in a car like this and he knew I was old enough to know how to drive a car like this. Then he told me that he would have to charge me with murder if I had gotten into an accident and killed Mrs. Wav.

No front license plate, tinted windows, modified exhaust and 84 MPH speeding all on one ticket? nope! He handed me my license and told me to slow it down. No ticket, just a warning. BTW, I wonder if the white MR behind me saw this?

SpdyEvo02
10-02-2005, 05:38 PM
good job at not getting a ticket..all i have to get out of tickets is my license plate frame

j_nizzle
10-02-2005, 05:39 PM
you lucky S.O.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nurb2
10-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Nice. It definitely pays to be respectful to the cops, no matter what you really think of them. :grin:

-nurb2-

genrec
10-02-2005, 07:03 PM
you lucky S.O.B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why im kinda glad im losing my hair, and am a newly wedding, counting on using that to get out of tickets as well!!! :grin:

bogey8
10-02-2005, 07:30 PM
Nice job Wav. I hope I get that lucky if I ever get pulled over. But I always try not to over 80 on the freeway.

I'm over 40 but I'm not white so I may not be that lucky. So I try not to do anything that will get the cop's attention.

CJexJiggy
10-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Good thing he didnt give you a sniffer test!! Luck was on your side.

Macky
10-02-2005, 08:19 PM
it was pure luck. in my opinion age had nothing to do with it. it was luck and your calm attitude at that time. if you acted like a douche he would have ticketed you for all it was worth.

thetaxguy
10-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm going grey...does that count. O0

augi1
10-03-2005, 10:03 AM
It only works for me when I have the shirt and tie on, beacuse the teeshirt cuts me no slack.

cascosblueevo
10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
honestly the best way to handle any ticket if your young is to cry honestly i cried when the last cop pulled me over and he asked me why i was crying and i told him i work full time and cant afford any tickets and i swore to him i wouldnt drive fast and he let me go. Call me a pussy but i didnt get a ticket

SpdyEvo02
10-04-2005, 11:30 AM
lol thats a good one

Thero
10-04-2005, 11:37 AM
honestly the best way to handle any ticket if your young is to cry honestly i cried when the last cop pulled me over and he asked me why i was crying and i told him i work full time and cant afford any tickets and i swore to him i wouldnt drive fast and he let me go. Call me a pussy but i didnt get a ticket

:2funny: My sister did this. She Still got a Ticket though >:(

rammsteinmatt
10-04-2005, 11:59 AM

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: girls, cant even get it right

turbolarry
10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
O0
Way to go... old man.

SpdyEvo02
10-04-2005, 01:11 PM

all girls do is show a little cleavage

escabar
10-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Nive job Wav. I hope I get that lucky if I ever get pulled over. But I always try not to over 80 on the freeway.

I'm over 40 but I'm not white so I may not be that lucky. So I try not to do anything that will get the cop's attention.

I sometimes gun my puppy on empty stretches...I'm not white either...but...for So OC...definitely helps to look over 25ish...and I seriously get hastled a LOT less when the missus rides shotgun...

when the radar goes off...I just go w/ the flow...I let the idiots swerving in and out of traffic stand out to the boys in blue...that is usually who I see cops go after...

kimletrim
10-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Few other things that might help:

1) Put on a law school license plate frame in place of your local race shop.
2) Put in a child car seat or booster seat in the back.
3) Live in the city where you are pulled over (sometimes, you get the homefield advantage).

WeGotG
10-05-2005, 08:58 AM
has anyone here invested in the 11-99 foundation? it helps when you are pulled over by chp* O0

Skiracer
10-05-2005, 09:01 AM
has anyone here invested in the 11-99 foundation? it helps when you are pulled over by chp* O0

I heard that costs several thousand dollars/year....

WeGotG
10-05-2005, 09:04 AM
it cost $1800 for a lifetime or $500 the first year and $300 every year after.

SpdyEvo02
10-05-2005, 11:41 AM
has anyone here invested in the 11-99 foundation? it helps when you are pulled over by chp O0

Yes, i have thier license plate frame on my car. my dad is a founding member i believe #7 i know the the 1st president, and the founder of it, i know the current treasure. i am not 18 yet so i cant be a member but it does get you of alot of tickets even normal police will let you off if you are a good talker. it is a good investment

WavMixer
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM

That doesn't work too well with the lady cops. ;)

SpdyEvo02
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM

but how often are you pulled over by a lady cop?

rammsteinmatt
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM

or gay cops.............

although chances are "[you'll] get pulled over by the only straight cop in rhode island"

WavMixer
10-07-2005, 10:31 AM

but how often are you pulled over by a lady cop?
I see a lot of female cops, both CHP and Sheriff

Timujin
10-17-2005, 12:30 AM
I have had similar luck with the birthdate on my drivers licesnse. They totally expect kids to be driving these EVOs. I have gotten out of two tickets both with visible disappointment on the cops faces after seeing my cow licked balding head (sorry Billy). The funniest one was with I had my 14 year old minime with me. He looked in my car like WTF...your not a punk arse kid.....sheet.....goodnight sir.

Skiracer
10-17-2005, 05:58 AM
Damn, i should get a baby so that i can get some slack from the cops...

kimletrim
10-17-2005, 08:12 AM
Damn, i should get a baby so that i can get some slack from the cops...

No, just a booster seat or baby seat. :2funny:

Bills Evo
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
It does help to be old. I know, 'cause I'm 60 and the first time I'm pulled over for a not stock muffler the sheriff did a double take and says my exhaust is too loud and I should put it back to stock. Then he drives off.
The last time was on the 14 and I'm doing 120, showing that accord how it's done. I start slowing down when I see the lights in the mirror, Oh shit. My wife (24 years old ) and 9 mo. old son are in the car with me. The CHP guy walks up really pissed and reads me the riot act, tells me that he didn't radar me but estimates that I was doing 90 (whoa, I'll take that) goes back to his car with my license and registration in hand. Now we have time to stew, and I'm starting to sweat bullets. He comes back all calm, hands me my license and registration and says he's going to only write me up for tint (we just had it put on that morning! ) and leaves us wondering what angel had a talk with him. We still wonder what happened to keep him from handcuffing me and impounding the car...WTF.
I'm sure it helped though when I didn't lie to him or try to kiss his ass. I was calm and spoke only when spoken to. You gotta wonder. Bills evo :idiot2:

bogey8
10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
It does help to be old. I know, 'cause I'm 60 and the first time I'm pulled over for a not stock muffler the sheriff did a double take and says my exhaust is too loud and I should put it back to stock. Then he drives off.
The last time was on the 14 and I'm doing 120, showing that accord how it's done. I start slowing down when I see the lights in the mirror, Oh shit. My wife (24 years old ) and 9 mo. old son are in the car with me. The CHP guy walks up really pissed and reads me the riot act, tells me that he didn't radar me but estimates that I was doing 90 (whoa, I'll take that) goes back to his car with my license and registration in hand. Now we have time to stew, and I'm starting to sweat bullets. He comes back all calm, hands me my license and registration and says he's going to only write me up for tint (we just had it put on that morning! ) and leaves us wondering what angel had a talk with him. We still wonder what happened to keep him from handcuffing me and impounding the car...WTF.
I'm sure it helped though when I didn't lie to him or try to kiss his ass. I was calm and spoke only when spoken to. You gotta wonder. Bills evo :idiot2:

Bills Evo, are you the 60+ yr old in the "age group" thread? We've been wondering who it was.

And a 24 yr old wife? :bow:

Bills Evo
10-17-2005, 08:21 PM
Yep, she's 24 and has a big grin. No I'm another old geezer. With two evos. Hey I can finally afford them. :twisted: