PDA

View Full Version : Site rules

Knower
10-04-2005, 04:23 AM
I think the number one site rule that would make this site SO much better is the following:

1. If you aren't adding to the conversation, don't post. Especially if you don't know what the hell you're talking about and you just want to "help."

Obviously, off topic and less serious sections wouldn't need to have this rule in place, but seeing +1 posts and crap all over the more technical sections is driving me fucking nuts.

Can we get serious about this site (at least the technical sections) not being an EvoM style postwhore-fucking-sausage-fest? PLEASE?

Knower
10-04-2005, 12:01 PM
i agree

+1

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

j/k

+1

+2 even though i dont think this will happen do to the fact that we have to many postwhores

Har har, I knew this would happen. In all seriousness, though, I don't give a rats ass if people postwhore, but postwhoring in a technical section where people are NOT FINDING the information they NEED because of the postwhoring, is just STUPID.

Knower
10-04-2005, 04:26 PM
U r not the boss of me Knower!

I'm your daddy, though.

gofaster87
10-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Mods are lazy and no one gives a shit.

gt40
10-04-2005, 09:39 PM
gofaster wrote
:
If I see someone postwhoring in a tech section, I am not only going to delete that post, I am going to use the search function to DELETE THE 10 MOST RECENT POSTS BY THEM.

SpdyEvo02
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
wow crack down on post whoring RUN CRIS

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2005, 11:03 PM

its hard trying to keep track, sometimes thing get out of control when i'm not browsing the board..
it's not that i dont care or any of the mods and admins regarding peeps going off topic but it happens. As for policing threads i do for the most part either locked, delete or move threads that are off topic... As myself i don't try to post random crap in most tech descussions.. (since i do post alot)
lately things have been a bit out of control and i will crack down and delete when people get out of control, especially in tech threads ...

I think the number one site rule that would make this site SO much better is the following:

1. If you aren't adding to the conversation, don't post. Especially if you don't know what the hell you're talking about and you just want to "help."

Obviously, off topic and less serious sections wouldn't need to have this rule in place, but seeing +1 posts and crap all over the more technical sections is driving me fucking nuts.

Can we get serious about this site (at least the technical sections) not being an EvoM style postwhore-fucking-sausage-fest? PLEASE?

i understand your point, and i will do my best (in my behalf) to track down on peeps that post random things in tech forums and threads that can be helpful to others.. Personally i hate when peeps start to quote others non stop.. since it can eventually freeze my computer at work, and cleaning up after it can be a slowly and painful process ; due to not having the best network at work :-\

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2005, 11:05 PM
also remember that as socalevo.net grows, so does the different members that sing up on a daily bases.. creating the same problem again, which is people that want to increase their post count or feel like being notice and chaging there noob status.

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2005, 11:12 PM

I'm your daddy, though.

i was wondering what had happen here.. i also notice that the person is a noob, funny thing is that you are complaining on what someone has to say and you don't even post or have help as much as knower has..

gt40
10-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Damn Goku- that's 3 posts in a roll unanswered, Post whoring about post whoring :roll: I may have to start deleting your posts :twisted:

Try the edit function O0

GokuSSJ4
10-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Damn Goku- that's 3 posts in a roll unanswered, Post whoring about post whoring :roll: I may have to start deleting your posts :twisted:

Try the edit function O0

sorry , rich Jr .. LOL... so i was a bit lazy on using the edit button and BTW stop going off topic.. might have to start deleting things in this thread as well...
As you can see knower (to be abit on topic) things can get out of control so easily LOL...
but i will keep my eye (on my behalf) regarding tech discussions

genrec
10-05-2005, 06:53 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=12545.0

knower....scroll down this link and look what you said, didn't seem to helpful, nice, or productive. :grin:

but i like it!!

gofaster87
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Tom, Its the same yog that is one of our admins on IRC.

I'm your daddy, though.

i was wondering what had happen here.. i also notice that the person is a noob, funny thing is that you are complaining on what someone has to say and you don't even post or have help as much as knower has..

gofaster87
10-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Asking if you should install a tach is not a technical question, that thread is excluded.

knower....scroll down this link and look what you said, didn't seem to helpful, nice, or productive. :grin:

but i like it!!

johnny
10-06-2005, 07:19 PM
Asking if you should install a tach is not a technical question, that thread is excluded.

but i like it!!

He also said the word "sausage" AGAIN like in the beging of this thread. :roll: j/k

genrec
10-07-2005, 07:51 AM

but i like it!!

whats wrong with sausage i love it in my breakfast burritos!

And Sam, im playing man!

He also said the word "sausage" AGAIN like in the beging of this thread. :roll: j/k

trinydex
04-02-2006, 03:03 PM
can i have limited mod capabilities to delete senseless postwhoring?