PDA

View Full Version : how to check coils?

Alexxx
10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
i have an 03 thats misfiring when i boost, i changed plugs and it still does it. friend has an 05 traded coils and wires with him my car ran fine so i bought new cables but still misfires, so i pretty much got it down to coils any way to test the coils?, does any one have any for sale?

gofaster87
10-04-2005, 03:21 PM
i have an 03 thats misfiring when i boost, i changed plugs and it still does it. friend has an 05 traded coils and wires with him my car ran fine so i bought new cables but still misfires, so i pretty much got it down to coils any way to test the coils?, does any one have any for sale?

The cd manual tells you how to check for resistance on the coil packs and what the tolerances are.

alfredob1
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
Here are the instructions (http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10201/coilcheck.pdf).

Alexxx
10-04-2005, 04:34 PM
well i tried the first one and the resistance is at 11.3k ohms, i installed everything again on the car so i think im just gonna swap with the 05's and see if his car misfires, if it does ill switch a single coil and see which car misfires.

just fyi all problems started when i overrevved once. the engine couldnt even rev pass 5k rpm before i switched the plugs. since switching them now i have this problem. any advice welcome