PDA

View Full Version : SAFCII tuning

Evorob
10-06-2005, 08:26 PM
Alright guys, this may be a lil techy for the noob forums but I'm still new over here so I'm just gonna ask over here, I'm gettin a killer deal on an safc-II with harness that I can't pass up and am gonna buy a zeitronix to go along with it for the tuning, I understand basic tuning concepts for the evo but have NO EXPIRENCE DOING IT. I am completely new to diy tuning safc's and all this all I know is you read the afr through a datalogger (or lcd screen upgrade on zietronix) and tune accordingly to keep the afr as linear as possible. My question is, once I have this stuff installed, is there anyone who would be willing to meet with me somewhere and help me out and teach me along the way with a basic tune on an SAFC-II for a mostly stock evo? I'm building up to a dr grey stage one eventually, and will get a custom flash+tune from dynoflash when that's all done, but I cant pass up this safc and I'd hate to buy it and install it and have it at 0% correction, that would KILL ME. Thanks guys, and I'd be willing to pay whoever will help some gas money and w/e as long as it's reasonable THANK YOU GUYS! O0 Oh yea I forgot to mention I live in Simi Valley, which is just west of the san fernando valley. THANKS AGAIN

evosd
10-06-2005, 08:58 PM
don't flash!!

Evorob
10-07-2005, 02:52 PM
^ I wasn't planning on flasing until I was totally done with stage 1 I was gonna go over to AL and have him do the whole nine yards on the tuning, I just wanna learn how to do basic tuning so that I can make use of the afc for now, I'm not gonna keep goin in and getting it tuned everytime i get a part...

Evorob
10-07-2005, 02:53 PM
anyone wanna help me out?* ;) I read the entire article on safc tuning on the homepage, and I still would feel alot better if someone could help me set this thing up and show me a little use of the thing, as some of the talk on that diy tuning guide lost me...

DTunedEvoX
10-07-2005, 02:58 PM
anyone wanna help me out?* ;)* *I read the entire article on safc tuning on the homepage, and I still would feel alot better if someone could help me set this thing up and show me a little use of the thing, as some of the talk on that diy tuning guide lost me...

There is a great guide here on SoCalEvo.net ... along with Dr Grey himself. Get your zeitronix installed and you can start tuning right away with the guide he put together here on this site. Along with that- if ever you wanted to get a full tune - you live pretty close to Scot Gray ...

My suggestion? Get the zeitronix installed, log for a couple of days - start tuning away! Hope thats helped you ... Cant go wrong just dont go buckwild with it ...

Evorob
10-07-2005, 03:09 PM
^ I guess, I read the article already, sounded pretty strightforward, if anything i just don't wanna screw this one up, but if it's pretty easy to do I'm sure I can figure it out.. I don't really wanna get a full tune until I finish Grey's stage 1+ kit... I just dont wanna have this safc staring me down while not doing anything for me :roll: Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll just give it a try when I get my zetronix installed..

DTunedEvoX
10-07-2005, 03:19 PM
^ I guess, I read the article already, sounded pretty strightforward, if anything i just don't wanna screw this one up, but if it's pretty easy to do I'm sure I can figure it out.. I don't really wanna get a full tune until I finish Grey's stage 1+ kit... I just dont wanna have this safc staring me down while not doing anything for me* :roll: Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll just give it a try when I get my zetronix installed..

The SAFC-II stares me in the face and isnt tuned! LOL .. Still waiting on a pocket logger .. its VERY easy to play with/tune .. and that guide is all you need for your basic tuning needs ... Looks to me like your just scared - Read your manual for your SAFC-II you'll realize just how easy it is to use ... I live in N.Hollywood and work in Thousand Oaks and stay in Simi 2 times out of the week (GF's house) ... If you need help hooking it up to your car or something (dont ask me to weld it to the patch harness though lol)- I can help - I can also do the initial what - 4-5 settings you need so it dosnt act funny on your car?

0 everything out and teach you how to make changes ... Lucky your getting a Zeitronix - I'm to broke for something like that lol ..

Evorob
10-10-2005, 11:34 PM
^ Awesome, I'd greatly appreciate it, I need no help with install no worries, just basically exactly what you mentioned i was kinda concerned about gettin it all setup, as it is used and I need to zero everything out before i can even put the thing in. I'm getting it with the field harness so no welding should be necessary! O0 I'll have it in within the next week or so so I'll hit you up with a PM when I recieve it. Thanks!

Senshi
10-11-2005, 12:01 AM
you could always have drgray do the initial tune for u and ask him to show u how everything works O0