PDA

View Full Version : SOCOM 3

Chris in SD
10-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Anyone else excited about SOCOM 3? I am swamped at my new job, so I'll try to pick it up this weekend...

ebevo
10-12-2005, 08:35 AM
saw commericals for it over the weekend...seems bada$$...it looks way better than blackhawk down...last tact game i played :buck2:

rsmatt
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
my name in socom3 is Killer-H- , add me to your friends list so we can start the killing O0.

Chris in SD
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I never have time for online... besides with my new job I do a lot of that stuff for real. O0

k2da_izo
11-04-2005, 04:24 PM
I've had it since it came out last month.* My expectations were really high on this one, but I was a bit disappointed.* I mostly play this game online and yes, I think it's great that there are now 32 players per game than 16 players in the previous installment.* However, the graphics looked downgraded from Socom 2 and the lag could at times be so frustrating that I would use my controller as a weapon against my TV.* Could this have been a direct affect of increasing the number of players online?* The use of vehicles are a nice touch but quite frankly, I think their role in the game is quite cheesy (with the exception of the convoy missions).* There is no animation when you and your teammates get in and out of the vehicle.* I would think that animations would make the whole vehicle experience more realistic and less cheeseball.* However, it is nice running over your opponents and cruising around checking out the map.* I have yet to try and launch the Humvee for some major air.

The 1P missions are actually well constructed.* The idea of in-game saves is great.* The sounds of the weapons sound better and the musical score is HOT!* However, the AI of your squad just SUCKS!* I mean downright STUPID! During some points of the game, my Bravo element would just stare at the enemy while they're getting the shit beat out of them!* This never happened in Socom 2!* That right there puts the SPECIAL in SPECIAL FORCES.* In addition, the voice recognition isn't as sharp as Socom 2.* Several times, my squad would either ignore my orders or interpret something completely different than what I had commanded!* I end up playing the game as a one-man Rambo vigilante!

Finally, I really like the* voice of HQ in Socom 2 (voiced by Vanessa Marshall) MUCH better than this current installment.* Vanessa's voice is so much more soothing to the ear than this new chick.* This may seem overly picky but to me, it's the little things that count.*

Overall, this game is fun to play, but not nearly as addicting as Socom 2.

Cr0mster
11-04-2005, 11:22 PM
I am liking it. O0

Chris in SD
11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Other than the completely idiotic AI, I love it. I especially like the fact that different weapons have different effects on body-armor clad bad guys and the weapons ratings are more realistic.

Cr0mster
11-17-2005, 02:07 PM
My nicks online are Crommunist and EviL1

Chris in SD
11-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I can tell you that the HK36 with red dot and front grip is the most effective/accurate way to take care of guys with body armor...

k2da_izo
11-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I still have to pass that game in Admiral rank to get that front grip....almost there!

tontonh09
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
i bought the socom 1 and 2 i only play them twice......LOL