PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Emanage Ultimate

tommygun
10-13-2005, 12:44 AM
I guess this just came out but i was wondering if anybody has one or the original emanage and been tuned with it ?
I am going to be upgrading my turbo soon to a gt3076rle and was wondering if a piggyback would be alright or would the AEM EMS be the best way to go no matter the price. Currently i have a SAFCII and am not sure if it will be good enough to tune and handle the turbo kit. thanks

tama_mog
10-13-2005, 01:08 AM
The afc will be fine for tuning with that turbo....ur not squeezin every possible inch of power from your car but yeah it'll be fine....the ems is great but make sure you find a great tuner (aka blak94gsx) but the costs in my opinion aren't worth the money involved in terms of equipment and tuning. Main advantage of ems will be direct control of timing over the afc.

genrec
10-13-2005, 09:10 AM
whats up John, you havn't posted in a while...

beavis4g63t
10-13-2005, 10:12 AM
the main advantage to the emanage ultimate is its ability to control drive by wire throttle cars. this isn't necessary with the evo since it still has a cable actuated throttle. i suspect this system will gain popularity with the euro and honda crowds.

tama_mog
10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
heya genrec, yeah haven't really been on the forums much. been busy with other stuff.

Tommy;
Regardless, good luck with the turbo kit install and tuning of the afc (blak94gsx or Tuning Technology should be able to help you well) and I'm sure it'll be a blast to drive.

volcomguy84
10-13-2005, 12:00 PM
i have the greddy emanage, and its ok but i want the aem ems still

tommygun
10-13-2005, 02:25 PM
thanks for the help guys i wasnt sure if the afc was enough but now i know it can be until i can up grade to the EMS. that is a big help to my walet. most likely i will be calling tuning technology about a tune for it after i get the kit installed, all i need now is braided oil and cool lines and lower ic pipe. thanks
-tommy

emperor_gp
10-19-2005, 06:23 AM
i have the greddy emanage, and its ok but i want the aem ems still

how do you like the emanage? is it pretty easy to use?

volcomguy84
10-19-2005, 11:54 AM
i didnt tune it myself, but it looked pretty easy. he just loaded it up on the laptop and he tuned it from there. i still want the aem ems though, but its a grip of $$$

thugline
10-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I heard that the "E-management" burns the coil packs on our cars. Is that true? I also was reading up on the "Ultimate" and it says, you can store two maps on it.

thugline
10-20-2005, 12:42 AM
I heard that the "E-management" burns the coil packs on our cars. Is that true? I also was reading up on the "Ultimate" and it says, you can store two maps on it.

Anybody hear of this happening?

genrec
10-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Anybody hear of this happening?

with the OLD e-manage. have not hard any feedback yet on the ULTIMATE.

STFU Tuning
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM
The SAFC will be fine and you'll be able to save money up for the EMS. You'll see a noticeable difference when you move to the EMS, but for the time being, don't waste money on a piggyback when you can have the SAFC solution for so inexpensive.