PDA

View Full Version : front plate ticket: $114???

apexstrafer
10-13-2005, 08:56 PM
since when did a no front plate ticket become a $114 violation....?? wtf??? last time I got one, it was $30! can I slap one on and take it to the station and get it signed off for $10? or am I actually going to have to pay a hundred and fucking fourteen dollars for not having a front plate?

nurb2
10-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Is it marked as a fixable violation? If so then you can get it signed off.

-nurb2-

Macky
10-13-2005, 11:40 PM
where did this happen?

apexstrafer
10-14-2005, 10:06 AM
in west LA, and I don't see anywhere on the ticket that says it's fixable. I haven't had a chance to call the court yet, I just got the "courtesy notice" last night. when the cop pulled me over, I thought it was no big deal, thinking it was just going to be a $30 ticket. this is fuckin looney tunes.

digitalxdna
10-14-2005, 01:30 PM
it is. i've been driving w/out a front license plate for ages, but i haven't been pulled over for it. *knock on wood*

GokuSSJ4
10-14-2005, 11:36 PM
i believe some of the laws have change, since now it's mandatory to have front plates( due to the cameras placed by the traffic lights)
the same thing happen a few years ago regarding exhaust fix up tickets. it stop being a fixable ticket and it became a violation..

apexstrafer
10-15-2005, 05:49 PM
well that sucks. looks like I'll be running a front plate then. >:(

EvoPwr
10-16-2005, 03:27 PM
well that sucks. looks like I'll be running a front plate then. >:(

it doesnt hurt to run one

apexstrafer
10-16-2005, 09:56 PM
eh, I think it ruins how the car looks from the front. but I'll live with it if I have to. it just seems insane to me that they made the fine jump from a $30 fix it ticket to a $114 violation. pigs.

NipponHamFighters
10-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Is it me or does it seem like if you buy a certain car you are practically imune for a front plate ticket? Not going to name any kind of cars though. :roll:

Chris in SD
10-17-2005, 03:39 PM
They are front plate Nazis out here in VA, too. I am going to order the Euro front plate holder for my S4 and try a Euro-look custom plate with my VA numbers on it. I already ordered the conventional front plate holder just in case... You could also try what I suggested a long time ago: Get a decal (vinyl label) made that is an EXACT copy of your license plate and lay it on your hood. I think it would be pretty sweet - I got the idea from a guy who had one on his F50 Ferrari...

itsnino
10-18-2005, 07:47 AM
You could also try what I suggested a long time ago:* Get a decal (vinyl label) made that is an EXACT copy of your license plate and lay it on your hood.* I think it would be pretty sweet - I got the idea from a guy who had one on his F50 Ferrari...

will this fly? i dont think evos can play it off like ferrari's can. we'd get pulled over for that. good idea though!

tontonh09
10-18-2005, 09:09 AM
you can put your plate in the dashbord that's popo said to me when they give a ticket for not having a front plate in LAX

GokuSSJ4
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
you can put your plate in the dashbord that's popo said to me when they give a ticket for not having a front plate in LAX

wrong !
it's mandatory that you have a front plate located on your front bumper ..
you can probably use this as a temporary solution, but you are risking of getting a front plate ticket.

SpdyEvo02
10-18-2005, 11:19 AM

wrong !
it's mandatory that you have a front plate located on your front bumper ..
you can probably use this as a temporary solution, but you are risking of getting a front plate ticket.

+1 even though i still havent put on my front plate

3vil3vo
10-23-2005, 07:49 PM
$114 for a freakin front lic. plate!

Was it in the Republic of Santa Monic?

I got a Front Plate ticket in the Republic just parked on the side of the road.

I also got a damn $84 no seat belt ticket in Newport Bitch! And the stupid officer told me it was a moving violation, so I went to court like a dumbass to get traffic school and the clerk laughed at me and said it wasn't a moving violation like I thought.

EviLutionIX
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
I just got one a couple of months ago and they did write it off... $15 for paperwork and $10 for getting it signed off.. I think.. But no more than $30. This was in LA. I acted stupid and pretended that the plate was there....... then i'm like Oh shit..... It probably fell...lol O0 ;) :police: