PDA

View Full Version : greddy profec boost controller 20 pound max??!!

TrickedOutEVOVIII
10-15-2005, 05:53 PM
ok guys...its not often that i ask anyone for help, but here goes:

i recently installed a greddy profec type-s boost controller in my car today. all i gotta say is...it works friggin awesome...this this holds like no other. its got a hi and lo boost setting and a separate knob to reduce spike and create better boost response...its awesome. BUT...its not letting me boost more than 20 pounds!!! thats the highest setting it will allow me to set it to...on the hi boost setting all the way to the max!! now on the manual it says that it holds up to 43.5 psi...but mine is holding a max of 20 pounds. anyone know what the hell is going wrong?? i did everything the install instructions said to do word for word...anyone??

TrickedOutEVOVIII
10-16-2005, 02:23 PM
i doubt theres a boost leak cuz my dejon tool mbc increased past 20 pounds easily...and ive been adjusting the gain knob back and forth...ive played with a bunch of different scenarios and nothing is letting me get past that 20 pounds!! im starting to get frustrated with this damn thing

TrickedOutEVOVIII
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
anyone damnit??? ok im gonna cruise down to TT in the morning and see what the dynamic duo are up to...

TuningTechnologies
10-16-2005, 10:04 PM
hey Tarek,
Honestly that unit looks and seems great but they dont work well. The gain will raise the peak boost but if taken too far it will cause major surging at the top because its working way to hard to control peak boost. This unit uses the same solenoid as the profec 2 spec B...as we all know...thaT THING SUCKS. I have seen many many of these and honestly none have worked correctly...........none have been capable of going past 27 psi.......we have always switched to a manual and VOILA.......precision boost control. Dont you have the dejontool???

TrickedOutEVOVIII
10-17-2005, 10:18 AM
yeah bro i do have the dejon tool mbc but i decided to go electronic to make it easier to change the boost up and down...i hated digging under the hood to reach the dejon tool anyhow and the dejon tool falls off at a higher rpm which i hated!!

but yeah...i just got off the phone with Tom from GReddy tech support and he told me that there are some of the profec type s' that havent gotten the updated software to allow higher than the 20 pound level!! wheewww!! so im not crazy...thank god. im gonna take it over to GReddy in irvine to have them update the software and i should be good to go!! im excited now baby!!! a

alfred or chris...even though i got one that wasnt updated...when it was boosting 20 pounds only...it held that pressure rock solid!! i took it all the way up to 7500 and i hit the rev limiter and it was still right at 20 pounds, if not it was just below it. so im very happy with the way it holds boost...just not the way it wont let me pass 20...hopefully after i get back from GReddy ill update you guys as to what occurs. thanx alot alfred and chris, you guys have always been there whenever i had ANY sort of issues with anything at all. just wanted to give some love for the Tuning Tech guys!!

TrickedOutEVOVIII
10-17-2005, 01:05 PM
ok heres an update for you guys:

i just got back from GReddy and all i have to say is WOW!!! they updated the brain in the main unit on the boost controller and the results are fantastic!! its everything everyone said it would be. holds boost MUCH MUCH better than the dejon tool mbc that i had prior to installing the GReddy profec. with the dejon tool mbc...i would have it set at 22 pounds for example and by 7500 rpms it would be at 18 or so. with this GReddy unit...my goodness! i set it to 23 pounds and by 7500 it had only fallen off to about 22 pounds which is phenominal!!! thats with leaving the gain knob at the factory setting, so im gonna adjust the gain when the rain stops. cuz when i was outside tuning the controller it was raining constantly so whenever id try to get to full throttle...it kept slipping so it would take a couple seconds for the boost to get up to the proper level. oh well...atleast i know its working great, right!!! ok thats all for my updates...ill post again when i adjust the gain setting to let you guys know if it holds boost up top like it says it does.

Terrick