PDA

View Full Version : just got a wreckless driving ticket.update 2-1-06

Gear Grinder
10-20-2005, 05:15 PM
just got a wreckless driving ticket 1/2 a block from my house for cutting too tight on a left turn. also he wrote me for going speed approx 20mph in a P.F./max 10mph. WTF! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 20 in a 10?
Signal Hill cops suck @ss!

also, they put my court apearance on my birthday. Just as a little added bonus.

I'm definately going to fight this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 2-1-06: I got a call from my lawyer today, he said that he got the wreckless driving charge reduced to unsafe lane change (whoo hoo!). For some reason one of the stipulations was that I can't go to traffic school on it. He also told me the cop was pissed about the charge being reduced. Ha ha. Though, now I have to worry about seeing that little bastard around Signal Hill.

emperor_gp
10-20-2005, 05:17 PM
wow, 20 in a 10.. cop must've been bored or something..

ultraflip
10-20-2005, 05:18 PM
damn!! so sorry danny!!! that's complete BS....

i know how you feel though... SigHill cops got me in my 3kgt for "exhibition of speed" when i heel toed into a turn

gofaster87
10-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Where the hell was the 10mph zone? In a school parking lot?

SpdyEvo02
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
dam that sucks...sorry to hear that...i got pulled over for turning to fast but luckily got off with a warning

apexstrafer
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
unbelievable. get as many extensions as you can, then fight it via mail.

nurb2
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Double the speed limit. Bwahaha.

Sucks man. Definitely fight it. Hopefully the judge will have common sense.

-nurb2-

Gear Grinder
10-20-2005, 05:54 PM
unbelievable. get as many extensions as you can, then fight it via mail.
No, I am getting a lawyer. The speed limit on the street is 25mph. in any case the ticket was for the turn. I was turning left on to my street(flying at 20mph), and I cut the corner too sharp. apparently that is very wreckless.

GOOSE_Ej
10-20-2005, 06:09 PM
u can do it!

srry to hear man

Gear Grinder
10-20-2005, 06:32 PM
the worst part is the sig hill police are a very small forse, now I have to worry about them every time I see them. I was kind of a dick to him after he gave me the ticket. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. :idiot2:

go4broke
10-20-2005, 06:50 PM
wow danny...that sucks donkey balls! good luck man!

EvoPwr
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
sorry to hear that danny, hopefully you will win O0 :mitsu:

Macky
10-20-2005, 07:22 PM
that is so fucked up. you better fight that damn ticket.

thetaxguy
10-20-2005, 08:28 PM
That blows man...good luck.

tabio42
10-20-2005, 11:38 PM
If you fight it and they harass you in the future, then you just a get a more expensive lawyer. He can sue the PD and you can move to a brand new house elsewhere.

Gear Grinder
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
I retained a lawyer today. :knuppel2: :police:
probably more expensive than the ticket and the up in my insurance, but I can't let those 12 yr old cops get away with this.

beavis4g63t
10-21-2005, 11:20 PM
kick his ass seabass.

gen4k20a2
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
take that mess all the way....the police force needs to learn that just cause you own a certain type of car (ricer) that doesnt mean you are breaking the law. They seem to think so. I dont hear too much of vettes getting pulled over. A fight back needs to start.

Every ticket you get you should go to court with it if you can. If everyone does it then theoretically the court system would get so clogged that they would ahve to dismiss all the cases due to right to speedy trial.

EvoStevo
10-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Danny, sorry to hear about the ticket. I'm not driving through signal hill anymore. Considering we both have silver Evo's with dark wheels i don't want to get mistaken for you. By the way... I was on 2nd street this morning getting my donuts. I was looking for you.

I might see you Tuesday.... Good luck.

Gear Grinder
10-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Considering we both have silver Evo's with dark wheels i don't want to get mistaken for you. By the way... I was on 2nd street this morning getting my donuts. I was looking for you.

I might see you Tuesday.... Good luck.

lol, I hope that doesn't keep you from coming to the LB meet. couldn't make it the the coffee shop this week, next week for shore, belmont shore that is.

Gear Grinder
10-22-2005, 08:00 PM
take that mess all the way....oh, I am. I even went to the sig hill popo station today and got a tour of the place from the day sargent. I thought I should get to know my enemy.

oh yea, my lawyer is the guy who got shannon dougherty off of a DUI. so there. :2funny:

EvoPwr
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
take that mess all the way....oh, I am. I even went to the sig hill popo station today and got a tour of the place from the day sargent. I thought I should get to know my enemy.

oh yea, my lawyer is the guy who got shannon dougherty off of a DUI. so there. :2funny:
:2funny: you going to the meet still this tuesday?

Gear Grinder
10-23-2005, 05:03 PM

:2funny: you going to the meet still this tuesday?
hell yes.

EvoPwr
10-23-2005, 05:03 PM
woohoo! see ya there.

Gear Grinder
10-23-2005, 05:06 PM
woohoo! see ya there.
cool. by the way the speed limit in signal hill is 10mph, so leave your self a lot of exstra time to get there.

EvoPwr
10-23-2005, 05:18 PM
woohoo! see ya there.
cool. by the way the speed limit in signal hill is 10mph, so leave your self a lot of exstra time to get there.

LOL ill leave monday morning ;)

beavis4g63t
10-26-2005, 01:45 PM
your lawyer got shanon off? thats awesome.

EvoPwr
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
your lawyer got shanon off? thats awesome.

she is pretty hard to get off of. ;)

Gear Grinder
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
kind of funny. I just got a jury summons for the same same court house the same week as my court appearance. I wonder if I could serve on my own jury. :twisted:

EvoPwr
11-13-2005, 03:57 PM
kind of funny. I just got a jury summons for the same same court house the same week as my court appearance. I wonder if I could serve on my own jury. :twisted:

DO IT!

Urban Assault Vehicle
11-27-2005, 05:13 AM
your lawyer got shanon off?* thats awesome.

hahahahahah, got her off huh.

good luck buddy, shove that ticket down that cops throat. :twisted:

Gear Grinder
11-27-2005, 08:27 AM
your lawyer got shanon off?* thats awesome.

hahahahahah, got her off huh.

good luck buddy, shove that ticket down that cops throat.* *:twisted:
I'm working on it!

EvoPwr
11-27-2005, 01:31 PM
NICE!

Gear Grinder
01-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Quick update. My lawyer went for my arrainment on the 20th. He pleaded not guilty (obviously). Found out that the police might have video, I told him this shouldn't matter :angel: being that I didn't really do anything that bad. Also, and this is the part that scares me, he said the prosecutor is seeking jail time. This is due to the fact that I have a prior wreckless back in 99. Though my lawyer couldn't say jail won't happen, he did tell me that he has yet to have one of his clients do jail time on a 2nd wreckless. I just hope I not the first.

gen4k20a2
01-03-2006, 01:43 PM
wouldnt it only be like a few days to a week MAX. This girl at my work got a DUI punched a cop and got in a bar fight all in one week and she got house arrest for a month, and only spent like 2 days in jail

cascosblueevo
01-03-2006, 01:55 PM
just got a wreckless driving ticket 1/2 a block from my house for cutting too tight on a left turn. also he wrote me for going speed approx 20mph in a P.F./max 10mph. WTF! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: 20 in a 10?

wow thats a bust. I like your trunk have you sold your other trunk yet?

Gear Grinder
01-03-2006, 05:51 PM

wow thats a bust. I like your trunk have you sold your other trunk yet?
no $1700 for a lawyer to keep me out of jail is a bust, but worth every penny.
yea, my car is becoming more and more stealth :angel:. I sold the other one a couple of weeks ago.

ANTHONY
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Gear grinder would you happend to have that lawyers #. I got my self in a mess that i need to get out of. Hopefully this lawyer can help me out if he got Shannon out of a scandle like that.

gen4k20a2
01-03-2006, 06:41 PM
you kill someone?

ANTHONY
01-03-2006, 06:48 PM
I Feel like it!!

j_nizzle
01-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I Feel like it!!

i feel like killing the redneck cop that gave me an "unsafe turn" ticket...

gen4k20a2
01-03-2006, 10:42 PM
i would have said something along those lines as he was writing me up with your violation. Nothing more he could really do. I would have protested to the highest.

this is what you should do. he will most likley be cruising his beat around your area again. If you ever see him speed call the police department and complain that you saw him speeding without his lights on and you decided to follow him. he ended up not havin an emergency. This will cause an investigation on him and his superiors will look at him with a fine tooth comb and if he steps out of line at all with his tickets or anything he will be in deep shit. This was all told to me by a buddy of mine that was going though the police acadamy.

Gear Grinder
01-04-2006, 12:21 AM
i would have said something along those lines as he was writing me up with your violation. Nothing more he could really do. I would have protested to the highest.

this is what you should do. he will most likley be cruising his beat around your area again. If you ever see him speed call the police department and complain that you saw him speeding without his lights on and you decided to follow him. he ended up not havin an emergency. This will cause an investigation on him and his superiors will look at him with a fine tooth comb and if he steps out of line at all with his tickets or anything he will be in deep shit. This was all told to me by a buddy of mine that was going though the police acadamy.
I would love to do this to the dumb 12 yr cop who ticketed me :twisted:

Miss Evo8
01-04-2006, 07:59 AM
When do you go back to court? And if you don't mind me asking how much is it to retain a lawyer for things of this nature?

By the way if you would just go to SOW like I told you maybe it would tame your urge to drive your Evo in a "spirited" manner around the LBC and down near the docks!

kipper215
01-04-2006, 08:33 AM
If i were you dog i would fight the ticket trial by declaration. that way you don't have to go in front of a judge or see the cop. you will have to pay the bail but, you have a better chance of beating the ticket. O0

Gear Grinder
01-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Gear grinder would you happend to have that lawyers #. I got my self in a mess that i need to get out of. Hopefully this lawyer can help me out if he got Shannon out of a scandle like that.
you have pm.

Gear Grinder
01-04-2006, 09:12 PM
When do you go back to court? And if you don't mind me asking how much is it to retain a lawyer for things of this nature?

By the way if you would just go to SOW like I told you maybe it would tame your urge to drive your Evo in a "spirited" manner around the LBC and down near the docks!
ha ha, I was going 20mph. not to spirited if you ask me. anyway I am thinking about SOW in febuary.
The retainer was $1700.

Miss Evo8
01-05-2006, 10:16 PM

ha ha, I was going 20mph. not to spirited if you ask me. anyway I am thinking about SOW in febuary.
The retainer was $1700.

Do IT!!!! SOW in Feb...around $125 + gas another 50-60 plan to spend around $200+ and you get to drive your car as fast as you want....even go in the dirt & spin out (like me) jump the dirt (like me also) and catch your brakes on fire...not me by the way.....

Gear Grinder
02-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Update 2-1-06: I got a call from my lawyer today, he said that he got the wreckless driving charge reduced to unsafe lane change (whoo hoo!). For some reason one of the stipulations was that I can't go to traffic school on it. He also told me the cop was pissed about the charge being reduced. Ha ha. Though, now I have to worry about seeing that little bastard around Signal Hill.

SpdyEvo02
02-01-2006, 07:48 PM

The retainer was $1700.

Do IT!!!! SOW in Feb...around $125 + gas another 50-60 plan to spend around $200+ and you get to drive your car as fast as you want....even go in the dirt & spin out (like me) jump the dirt (like me also) and catch your brakes on fire...not me by the way.....

danny buy race gas..lol...he drives daily on 105...lol

k2da_izo
02-01-2006, 08:17 PM

Good news, dawg. Looks like you got one-up on the pig. :police:

Gear Grinder
02-01-2006, 08:40 PM

Good news, dawg. Looks like you got one-up on the pig. :police:
Thanks. The ticket was unjustified to begin with. the charge I ended up with is fair. To bad I had to spend $1700 for a lawyer, just to get what I deserved in the first place.

WavMixer
02-01-2006, 09:15 PM
No shit! Congrats on winning your case!* O0* My condolences on losing...

your bankroll to a lawyer.* :'(