PDA

View Full Version : referee ticket

lockjaw
10-24-2005, 09:23 PM
hey guys got a quick ques. i got a ref ticket and was wonderin if i can just plead guilty and pay a fine or if i have to go through the whole deal and put everything back to stock.

thanks
paulie

sidewaysevo
10-24-2005, 09:26 PM
A buddy of mine got a ref ticket for his honda. He just paid the full fine and was done with it.

EviLutionIX
10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
How did you get the ticket???

thetaxguy
10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
what kind of ticket is it???

G20
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Just pay the ticket if it's more cost effective than going through the whole put-back-to-stock deal. I did that.

hey guys got a quick ques.* i got a ref ticket and was wonderin if i can just plead guilty and pay a fine or if i have to go through the whole deal and put everything back to stock.*

thanks
paulie

gt40
10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Please do not just pay- Go down to the clerk at the court and tell them you want to do a trial by declaration. You can read about this at www.ticketassassin.com. Going to court is a waste of time and you don't have a good chance of winning compared to trial by declaration. If everyone did this, the courts would grind to a halt and the police would stop writing frivolous tickets. Worst case you do trial by declaration, lose and you still have the right to go to regular court.

With trial by dec, you don't have to spend a lot of time at the court or anything. Read at ticket assassin and fight this.

G20
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Maybe you should try doing what gt40 told. I did put my car back to stock (GT35r with all mods) and went to the referee but they're bunch of BS ass*le assuming that every one with the modified import is a street racer. They picked on little thing like boost gauge, wires... I went banana with them and said f*ck it, called the court clerk to complain and they told me one option is to just pay the ticket which is about $140 so I did since I was too busy with works up to my neck. It's my first time so if I had known, I would did the trial-by-declaration thing first.

tabio42
10-24-2005, 11:11 PM
So what happens if you pay the fine, then get pulled over and cited again?

lockjaw
10-25-2005, 12:54 AM
thanks for the info every1. i pretty much got the ticket for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, and my luck i get a cop who didnt know his ass hole from a donut. he told me to pop my hood and all i heard was holy jesus, look at all the mods, you got a turbo. sir this car comes with a turbo, oh well you got a crank case cooler, sir there is no such thing, well whats that blue hose, factory one was black your right but it got cut up and all pep boys had was a blue hose. so what ever. but again thanks for the help every1.

paulie

lockjaw
10-25-2005, 12:55 AM
Just pay the ticket if it's more cost effective than going through the whole put-back-to-stock deal. I did that.

hey guys got a quick ques.* i got a ref ticket and was wonderin if i can just plead guilty and pay a fine or if i have to go through the whole deal and put everything back to stock.*

thanks
paulie

hey how much was the fine?

G20
10-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Call the court clerk from the number on the ticket to find out.

thanks
paulie

hey how much was the fine?

BOVBILLY
10-25-2005, 11:37 AM
WAIT, I THOUGHT WITH A REF TICKET, YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE STATE REF? CAN YOU JUST PAY IT INSTEAD?

IS2000
10-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Can you just pay for the ticket? When I got mine 2 years ago, I had to go through the state ref. because they could put you in "gross polluter" status if you didn't pass the smog test.

G20
10-25-2005, 12:37 PM
Yes! You can. Call the court clerk to know how much.

Can you just pay for the ticket? When I got mine 2 years ago, I had to go through the state ref. because they could put you in "gross polluter" status if you didn't pass the smog test.

threepointsix
10-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Ticketassasin has some dope-ass info on those ghey cameras... I got 'shot' on University and Shattuck up here in Berkeley last week going to the gym late at night. Total BS. Lockheed Martin gets $70 commission from the state for processing the tickets. I work near one and it goes off literally 10 times an hour!! Thats how the B2 bombers & F117 stealth planes get paid for, By CA drivers! Dayemmm...

EVOla_VIRUS
10-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Ticketassasin has some dope-ass info on those ghey cameras... I got 'shot' on University and Shattuck up here in Berkeley last week going to the gym late at night. Total BS. Lockheed Martin gets $70 commission from the state for processing the tickets. I work near one and it goes off literally 10 times an hour!! Thats how the B2 bombers & F117 stealth planes get paid for, By CA drivers! Dayemmm...

Technically its Northrop Grumman whose the prime contractor for the B2 bomber :grin:

Off Topic: Its interesting how much money is put into those planes through research/development and sustaiment costs for a war that has little chance of happening (in which their mission requires their use)

As far as tickets cameras, they have grip loads on Santa Monica Blvd going through Bev Hills...im allways so paranoid driving through there! Ive seen a clear coat spray paint that distorts the cameras pictures...ayone ever use it?

BOVBILLY
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
BACK TO THE QUESTION, CAN YOU PAY OFF A STATE REFEREE TICKET OR IS IT MANDATED TO GO?

genrec
10-25-2005, 09:08 PM
BACK TO THE QUESTION, CAN YOU PAY OFF A* STATE REFEREE TICKET OR IS IT MANDATED TO GO?

you must go

gt40
10-25-2005, 10:03 PM
Quote from: BOVBILLY on Today at 09:03:53 PM

BACK TO THE QUESTION, CAN YOU PAY OFF A STATE REFEREE TICKET OR IS IT MANDATED TO GO?

genrec wrote:

you must go

No you don't- I got a ref ticket and did trial by declaration and never went.* I was required to post bail of 350 when i submitted the trial by dec form but that was all.*

If I lost I would only lose the bail.* Usually they send you a bail form and you can just pay but if you do and get popped again, the fine goes up so fight it by trial by declaration.

stuart5150
10-25-2005, 10:21 PM
Reguarding the referee issue. I got a ticket from a fag bag in my Starlet. I was shittin bricks kind of hard to go from a 4ag back to a 3kc :idiot2: I just paid the fine and was done with it. I thought it was a small price to pay after all how much is a crooked smog these days? just my 2 cents.

genrec
10-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Quote from: BOVBILLY on Today at 09:03:53 PM

BACK TO THE QUESTION, CAN YOU PAY OFF A* STATE REFEREE TICKET OR IS IT MANDATED TO GO?

genrec wrote:

you must go

No you don't- I got a ref ticket and did trial by declaration and never went.* I was required to post bail of 350 when i submitted the trial by dec form but that was all.*

NO, im saying Billy MUST go, because he is anothing but a Billy!

Terry S
10-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Reguarding the referee issue. I got a ticket from a fag bag in my Starlet. I was shittin bricks kind of hard to go from a 4ag back to a 3kc* :idiot2: I just paid the fine and was done with it. I thought it was a small price to pay after all how much is a crooked smog these days? just my 2 cents.

I cant understand this statement at all :2funny:

Skiracer
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Reguarding the referee issue. I got a ticket from a fag bag in my Starlet. I was shittin bricks kind of hard to go from a 4ag back to a 3kc* :idiot2: I just paid the fine and was done with it. I thought it was a small price to pay after all how much is a crooked smog these days? just my 2 cents.

I cant understand this statement at all* :2funny:

I guess you didn't take the Ebonics class in school

EvoPwr
10-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Reguarding the referee issue. I got a ticket from a fag bag in my Starlet. I was shittin bricks kind of hard to go from a 4ag back to a 3kc :idiot2: I just paid the fine and was done with it. I thought it was a small price to pay after all how much is a crooked smog these days? just my 2 cents.

I cant understand this statement at all :2funny:

I guess you didn't take the Ebonics class in school

:werd:

BlackFQ
11-02-2005, 09:26 PM
hey guys i got a fucken referee ticket by a fucken cop who said my intake was not legal, it was the AEM short ram intake so i took off the my boost controller, my exhaust which im selling and my intake for 600 the exhaust is a hipower HKS so if anyone is interested let me know . will they give me shit for having a boost guage ? can i just say it was on the car when i bought it ? fuck them anyway, i fucken hate how all these fucken cops can write up tickets for shit that they dont even know about , what the fuck i dont know about you guys but why the fuck do i have to pay 38.00 because of a cop who thinks my intake is illegal. oh and wish me some fucken luck ill post up everything they do for you guys that want to know what the look for and where later O0

j_nizzle
11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
hey guys i got a fucken referee ticket by a fucken cop who said my intake was not legal, it was the AEM short ram intake so i took off the my boost controller, my exhaust which im selling and my intake for 600 the exhaust is a hipower HKS so if anyone is interested let me know . will they give me shit for having a boost guage ? can i just say it was on the car when i bought it ? fuck them anyway, i fucken hate how all these fucken cops can write up tickets for shit that they dont even know about , what the fuck i dont know about you guys but why the fuck do i have to pay 38.00 because of a cop who thinks my intake is illegal. oh and wish me some fucken luck ill post up everything they do for you guys that want to know what the look for and where later O0

whoa...such an angry first post...keep the intake...it has a carb sticker on it, boost controller is illegal for sure, cat-back exhaust shouldnt be too bad...just stick your stocker back on for the inspection. boost gauge is no problem either.

genrec
11-02-2005, 11:16 PM
hey guys i got a fucken referee ticket by a fucken cop who said my intake was not legal, it was the AEM short ram intake so i took off the my boost controller, my exhaust which im selling and my intake* for 600 the exhaust is a hipower HKS* so if anyone is interested let me know .* *will they give me shit for having a boost guage ? can i just say it was on the car when i bought it ? fuck them anyway, i fucken hate how all these fucken cops can write up tickets for shit that they dont even know about , what the fuck i dont know about you guys but why the fuck do i have to pay 38.00 because of a cop who thinks my intake is illegal. oh and wish me some fucken luck* ill post up everything they do for you guys that want to know what the look for and where* later* O0

all i got from this is??.........your favorite word is FUCK!

k2da_izo
11-09-2005, 06:30 PM
hey guys i got a fucken referee ticket by a fucken cop who said my intake was not legal, it was the AEM short ram intake so i took off the my boost controller, my exhaust which im selling and my intake* for 600 the exhaust is a hipower HKS* so if anyone is interested let me know .* *will they give me shit for having a boost guage ? can i just say it was on the car when i bought it ? fuck them anyway, i fucken hate how all these fucken cops can write up tickets for shit that they dont even know about , what the fuck i dont know about you guys but why the fuck do i have to pay 38.00 because of a cop who thinks my intake is illegal. oh and wish me some fucken luck* ill post up everything they do for you guys that want to know what the look for and where* later* O0

all i got from this is??.........your favorite word is FUCK!

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

BlackFQ
11-09-2005, 10:49 PM
well its been two trips and a couple of bucks and i failed, this shit sucks ass it turns out the boost meter* needs to be hooked up to the manifold straight* no tapping off the vaccume lines and i need to get rid of the wires* that go to the boost controller . its getting hard to have a modded car, california sucks ass. if you get a ticket just pay the bail its not worth the trouble taking shit out . although i dont know how many times you can post bail, the bail is usually a little bit under 500.00 bucks but a friend of mine did it and his record and the warrent are gone so yeah later.