PDA

View Full Version : My lame ass experience today

volcomguy84
10-25-2005, 01:07 AM
well guys, about 10:15 am this morning i got rolled for some bullshit!! :tickedoff: it was all overcast and kind of drizzly and the roads were wet when i left my house. well i drive down the street and make a right onto harbor to go to school, and shifting into 2nd my blow off valve went off pretty loud (hks ssqv), when i spotted this cop standing outside of his car talking to the mexican guys that work at the carwash 40 ft from my house. well he jumps in his car and chases after me and pulls me over in the gas station literally right across the street from my house, lol i can see my house still. he walks up and asks me for my license and registration and proof of insurance, so i give it to him and he tells me that he pulled me over for spinning my tires while shifting into 2nd gear....... :-o :-o i honestly almost laughed at him.... i then told him, officer you cant spin the wheels because it is an awd car. hahaha ok he then tells me "do you want me to show you the recording of your tires" and whips out his walky talky.......now seriously guys, i was not hauling ass i swear, my bfv is really loud. i almost laughed again when he whipped out his walky talky, but i told him again that you cant spin the tires on an awd....well he goes and writes up the ticket, and i look and see HE IS TAKING A PICTURE OF MY CAR!!! so i ask him what hes doing and he comes over and i ask why he is taking a picture of my car and the first thing he says is.....because i have a nice car. im like no you arent, you are profiling my car and taking pics of it, and he denied hes profiling my car and then tells me thtat he was really taking it as prrof in court because some people put all their stock stuff on and say the ticket was bullshit.....this guy is seriously lame. I am pretty upset by now but i try and keep my cool. i was like this is lame i didnt spin my tires and he decides to be a even bigger asshole. he tells me "dont make you pop your hood. i can make you pop your hood and look for things that i am TRAINED to look for in cars like these....." he didnt even know what kind of car i had, i had to tell him......oh and hes got some awesome training if he thinks you can seriously spin the wheels on an awd. soooo i shut up because i was already being held up by this asshole going to school, and he then tells me that if he really wanted to he could have my car impounded, and i didnt know a cop could impound your car for having mods.....well i just took my ticket and didnt say anything cause i was tired of this dick............OHHHHHHHHH one more thing, i live in costa mesa and i got pulled over right across the street, and this cop says to me hey at least its not costa mesa where they (cops) have nothing to do.......that one almost blew my mind too, this guy was about as smart as a pile of ricks :tickedoff:

Gear Grinder
10-25-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm never going to costa mesa again, oh wait that kind of bs is happening here as well. I have the name of a good lawyer if you need it.

j_nizzle
10-25-2005, 07:05 AM
might have been the same cop that profiled the whole oc crew on friday...

genrec
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
sounds pretty bad....much more of this shit..im out, car will be for sale.

ultraflip
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
GIMME YO RIMS

genrec
10-25-2005, 07:39 AM
GIMME YO RIMS

this poor guy get a ticket and you want his rims... :idiot2:

ultraflip
10-25-2005, 07:42 AM
not his.. yours... =P

WeGotG
10-25-2005, 07:45 AM
GIMME YO RIMS

he wants your rims.

genrec
10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
GIMME YO RIMS

he wants your rims.

i know that einstein... :grin:

G20
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Man! I work in Costa Mesa (Ditech.com). :tickedoff:

kimletrim
10-25-2005, 11:39 AM
I agree cops can be dicks. But let's not forget that this might have been prevented had you not been VTA your HKS BOV. Just a thought. But yeah, still sucks what happened to you.

Thero
10-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Wow kindof glad I was talked out of a BOV

ultraflip
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
this might have been prevented had you not been VTA your HKS BOV. Just a thought.

valid point... are we suppose to tip toe around the law? is it really fair for us to drive in fear because we like to hold boost? because our car sounds like a dieing bird every time we let off the gas? i don't think so IMHO... that's like fearing from being beaten because someone's black... the fear of a chinese female child of being drowned in water because she wasn't born a girl... Just a thought

volcomguy84
10-25-2005, 12:22 PM
my blow off valve is the loudest one i have ever heard, from any car. it blows off loud shifting at like 4k rpm, but it was a mexican cop that pulled me over. so goddamn lame

kimletrim
10-25-2005, 12:27 PM
my blow off valve is the loudest one i have ever heard, from any car. it blows off loud shifting at like 4k rpm, but it was a mexican cop that pulled me over. so goddamn lame

Wait a minute now...how do you know the cop was from Mexico?

volcomguy84
10-25-2005, 12:28 PM
oh my bad, he was a hispanic man :roll:

bonestockevo8
10-25-2005, 12:38 PM
That sucks... I work in Costa Mesa and have never been harassed by any local PD. Its actually a lot better than where I live; where you get pulled over for having exhaust. (Cypress) Sam needs to come on this thread and say " Stand up for your rights. If that was me I would've not signed anything and put my hands over the VIN and my feet over the license plate; and my willy over the camera lense."

genrec
10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
now you are profiling the profiler!!! :grin:

inline4g63
10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I got pulled over in COsta Mesa a while back at the SOuth Coast Subaru meet. THe mexican cop was on a motorcycle. His last name was Torres. Anyway, he was a dick...he even gave a ticket to the jaywalker.

EvoPwr
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
well thats why we recirculate

Thero
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
I got pulled over in COsta Mesa a while back at the SOuth Coast Subaru meet. THe mexican cop was on a motorcycle. His last name was Torres. Anyway, he was a dick...he even gave a ticket to the jaywalker.

Ticketing J Walking is saying I Have nothing else better to do.

EVOla_VIRUS
10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
I agree cops can be dicks.* But let's not forget that this might have been prevented had you not been VTA your HKS BOV.* Just a thought.* But yeah, still sucks what happened to you.

another ignorant post* :idiot2:

run what you want within city/state code
...just a thought

sspeed
10-25-2005, 04:14 PM
Agreed...Run what you want as long as it is legal, but why go out of your way to attract more attention?

I agree cops can be dicks.* But let's not forget that this might have been prevented had you not been VTA your HKS BOV.* Just a thought.* But yeah, still sucks what happened to you.

...just a thought

EvoPwr
10-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Agreed...Run what you want as long as it is legal, but why go out of your way to attract more attention?

I agree cops can be dicks. But let's not forget that this might have been prevented had you not been VTA your HKS BOV. Just a thought. But yeah, still sucks what happened to you.

another ignorant post :idiot2:

...just a thought

Just so you guys know VTA is NOT legal.

kimletrim
10-25-2005, 04:39 PM

...just a thought

Believe what you like. I brought up the point because although the VTA BOV sounds cool and all, it absolutely does bring more attention to our cars. And our cars really don't need more attention from law enforcement. how is is ignorant when the cop makes it a point of playing back a recording or what he believes to be tires screeching when in fact it was the guy's BOV. Maybe...and I say maybe, if the cop did not hear the BOV, the suspicions of the cop would not have been aroused.

Run what you want...absolutely. But also live with the consequences.

AvengeDEvO
10-25-2005, 04:57 PM
True we do not need more attention, we do not need to make more noise. But we also dont need to be profiled for loving to drive, or having a passion for our cars. Think about it what harm does a BOV really have?!?! What was he doing wrong? Only california has these lame laws because it brings in such high revenue to the state. Yes it is very true that when these cars are built they are 90% faster then other cars on the road, but we are not selling drugs we are not the leading cause of accidents, we have become their scapegoat they would rather waist valuble funds on street racing rather then use them on education or city improvment. The thing is that we cant talk back to a cop because if not he will pop up our hood and most of us would rather take the shit talk from a pig then to have an inspection.

sspeed
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
You missed my point....I am not defending the way things are, but with the current climate as it is, stacked against you because of the street racers...if you are doing things or adding mods that will attract more attention, be prepared for the results

True we do not need more attention, we do not need to make more noise. But we also dont need to be profiled for loving to drive, or having a passion for our cars. Think about it what harm does a BOV really have?!?! What was he doing wrong? Only california has these lame laws because it brings in such high revenue to the state. Yes it is very true that when these cars are built they are 90% faster then other cars on the road, but we are not selling drugs we are not the leading cause of accidents, we have become their scapegoat they would rather waist valuble funds on street racing rather then use them on education or city improvment. The thing is that we cant talk back to a cop because if not he will pop up our hood and most of us would rather take the shit talk from a pig then to have an inspection.

EvoPwr
10-25-2005, 06:32 PM
You missed my point....I am not defending the way things are, but with the current climate as it is, stacked against you because of the street racers...if you are doing things or adding mods that will attract more attention, be prepared for the results

yup

itsnino
10-25-2005, 06:52 PM
umm, my GFB bov hasnt given me ish and its daamn loud. doh, jinxed myself ::runs outside and takes it off::

in all seriousness, thats a damn shame. that cop pulled u over for that when theres crime and burning donuts elsewhere. damn oinkers.

EVOla_VIRUS
10-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Agreed...Run what you want as long as it is legal, but why go out of your way to attract more attention?*

...just a thought

Just so you guys know VTA is NOT legal.

I just spent a while looking at Ca auto statutes for references to VTA BOV's. If you have the statute number that refers to them, please share.

If you are refering to a CARB number assigned to aftermarket parts, then all of our mods are "illegel"....unless your parts are from Edelbrock ;)