PDA

View Full Version : the 2 bolts between downpipe and manifold

bcmind
10-27-2005, 02:23 PM
the person that install my BR TB said the OEM bolts is kinda too short to use and suggest me to buy a longer one cuz the OEM one "barely" fit???

where can i buy a longer one to replace the OEM one and how long should I buy???

Please help!

kimletrim
10-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Honestly, you need a new installer. The DP screws use a spring load screw stock. If the Bushur does not use the stock screw, it should have come with screws of its own. And if that were the case, you would want shorter screws than stock, not longer. Just go to Lowes or Pep Boys and you should be able to find the screw size that fits. You don't want longer or you might not get a secure connection and end up with an exhuast leak.

bcmind
10-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Honestly, you need a new installer.* The DP screws use a spring load screw stock.* If the Bushur does not use the stock screw, it should have come with screws of its own.* And if that were the case, you would want shorter screws than stock, not longer.* Just go to Lowes or Pep Boys and you should be able to find the screw size that fits.* You don't want longer or you might not get a secure connection and end up with an exhuast leak.

I did that in midas... and i thought they're "expert" in exhaust?

Also, I noticed the "shifting" is not as solid as before the exhaust upgrade.... is it in my head only??? :idiot2:

donatevo
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Get the higher grade bolts that can withstand high temps.

genrec
10-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Honestly, you need a new installer.* The DP screws use a spring load screw stock.* If the Bushur does not use the stock screw, it should have come with screws of its own.* And if that were the case, you would want shorter screws than stock, not longer.* Just go to Lowes or Pep Boys and you should be able to find the screw size that fits.* You don't want longer or you might not get a secure connection and end up with an exhuast leak.

I did that in midas... and i thought they're "expert" in exhaust?

Also, I noticed the "shifting" is not as solid as before the exhaust upgrade....* is it in my head only??? :idiot2:

are you serious...you wenr to Midas???? wow

dani6785
12-18-2005, 03:11 AM
http://www.midas.com/images/quote_main1.gif

14 MM"
JACK "
INSERT"
REMEMBER LEFTY LUCY"

Serious am Realy stupid and I just installed a whole turboback with rino ramps last night and stock "DP" bolts will fit. O0 .

EVOMANIAC
12-29-2005, 12:24 PM
When replacing bolts on exhaust I would highly recommend grade 8 bolts. You dont want one breaking off because you tried to save a couple of bucks.