PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Willow Nov 13 Sunday Speedtrial

500whp
10-29-2005, 02:06 AM
Me and a few people from SP Engineering is going.. anyone else going that day??? :knuppel2:

Richard EVO
10-29-2005, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't go near a Speed Trials USA event. Their intermediate group is a bunch of yahoos who go spinning all over the place. They make you get pre-teched before the event, and you still have to line up for tech in the morning at the track. They painted my tech-pass "P" on my windshield with some kind of indelible paint I can't get off. I went out in another group for half a session with an instructor. Then he got out of the car and I went right back out to practice what he showed me and they wouldn't let me on track because it wasn't my group, even though it was mid-afternoon and traffic was light. They have a very long drivers meeting in the morning where they talk talk talk about safety. Then their members go at and drive like idiots. Three (count 'em 3) spun out right in front of me at Buttonwillow a couple of months ago. One of the errant drivers was the event organizer's friend driving the event organizer's car. He spun out in Cotton Corners and I barely missed him.

There are so many other good HPDE groups, why go out with the Speed Trial bozos?

Try SpeedVentures, RedlineTrackEvents, RacerFactory, OpenTrackRacing, TrackMasters-Racing, TracQuest, American Car Racing, NorCalRacingClub, Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic, etc etc etc.

Senshi
10-29-2005, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't go near a Speed Trials USA event. Their intermediate group is a bunch of yahoos who go spinning all over the place. They make you get pre-teched before the event, and you still have to line up for tech in the morning at the track. They painted my tech-pass "P" on my windshield with some kind of indelible paint I can't get off. I went out in another group for half a session with an instructor. Then he got out of the car and I went right back out to practice what he showed me and they wouldn't let me on track because it wasn't my group, even though it was mid-afternoon and traffic was light. They have a very long drivers meeting in the morning where they talk talk talk about safety. Then their members go at and drive like idiots. Three (count 'em 3) spun out right in front of me at Buttonwillow a couple of months ago. One of the errant drivers was the event organizer's friend driving the event organizer's car. He spun out in Cotton Corners and I barely missed him.

There are so many other good HPDE groups, why go out with the Speed Trial bozos?

Try SpeedVentures, RedlineTrackEvents, RacerFactory, OpenTrackRacing, TrackMasters-Racing, TracQuest, American Car Racing, NorCalRacingClub, Buttonwillow Performance Driving Clinic, etc etc etc.

i completly agree the only way i would ever do another speedtrials event is if they opened another run group for socalevo, if not they are by far the worst track orginizers.

lagcisco
11-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Damm I really want to goto SOW again, looking at the willowsprings events calendar doesnt look like there will be any more DEs there with anyone other than speed trials, http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/eventcalendars/thestreets.asp

I see events for bikes and porches and beverly hills motorsports (doubt they'll let my little 30k car to play with bunch of exotics as I imagine beverly hills residents drive but what do I know?)

i'm tempted really bad to goto this event..

oh and speedtrials says saturday beginner group is full but C Intermediate is open, I consider myself a beginner though, just 2 track days i've been to

lagcisco
11-06-2005, 12:09 AM
link to speed trials usa website:
http://www.speedtrialusa.com/streets.html

Senshi
11-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Damm I really want to goto SOW again, looking at the willowsprings events calendar doesnt look like there will be any more DEs there with anyone other than speed trials, http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/eventcalendars/thestreets.asp

I see events for bikes and porches and beverly hills motorsports (doubt they'll let my little 30k car to play with bunch of exotics as I imagine beverly hills residents drive but what do I know?)

oh and speedtrials says saturday beginner group is full but C Intermediate is open, I consider myself a beginner though, just 2 track days i've been to

check out http://www.speedventures.net/ they organize a much better track event the speed trials ill prob be doing the next one O0

trannb
11-06-2005, 01:53 AM

Speedventures (www.speedventures.net) and Redline (www.redlinetrackevents) are both running SOW Full Track Clockwise before the end of the year. The next event is on the 18th of this month.

lagcisco
11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Too bad all those other dates for speedventures/redline run on fridays :(

on the other hand theres a high performance driving clinic on dec 17th at buttonwillow, I went to my first DE at the clinic in summer

speedform
11-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Me and a few people from SP Engineering is going.. anyone else going that day??? :knuppel2:

I'll be there. Both days. See you then...

7XLEVO
11-07-2005, 11:38 PM
I'll be there on Sunday......my first track day!!! I hope Speedtrial isnt as bad as everyone says it is....its not like they can make the track into a 1/4 mile strip!
Mike

speedform
11-11-2005, 02:11 PM
I'll be there on Sunday......my first track day!!!* I hope Speedtrial isnt as bad as everyone says it is....its not like they can make the track into a 1/4 mile strip!
Mike

A newbie?! Excellent! I love breakin' in the new guys. I'll be instructing both days so look for the white EVO with the 'X' marks on the car. The X marks out the driving instructors cars. I'll take you on some hot laps in yours or my car. see you then.

lagcisco
11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
are there still spots open for sat/sun?

500whp
11-13-2005, 09:17 PM
the event was pretty good, raced w/ a Ferrari F430 the guy was slow on the turns but pulls off on the long striaght, then i catches that bitach on the 2nd turn =)

genrec
11-13-2005, 09:29 PM
any pics?

500whp
11-13-2005, 09:56 PM
any pics?

waiting on my friend =) only if i had 50 more whp then i think i might of took him!

kickassti
11-13-2005, 10:08 PM
the event was pretty good, raced w/ a Ferrari F430 the guy was slow on the turns but pulls off on the long striaght, then i catches that bitach on the 2nd turn =)

WOW... I didn't know you was that fast.
Remember you got smoked by a white STI?? :twisted:
HaHa... Of Course, that was me :2funny:

kickassti
11-13-2005, 10:18 PM
any pics?

waiting on my friend =) only if i had 50 more whp then i think i might of took him!

Oh... wait.. I thought you already have 500WHP :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

RedAE86
11-13-2005, 10:27 PM
:2funny:

I was there today with my Hachi for the Time Attack. By the way, it was a 360 Stradale, NOT an F430.

I have watched the entire session when your EVO was trying to keep up with the Ferrari. Dare for me to say, you were barely keeping up with that Ferrari, I don't see anyway you can pass him..... Don't make it sounds like you are on his asS!

Ferrari and EVO has different cornering abilities and characteristics, EVO can attain a higher cornering speed at certain corners, but not all!

I don't know how many WHP you got (if your SN suggests what you've got) you should have plenty to pass that Ferrari. I timed the Ferrari and he ran 1:34 on his best lap and you are still about 4-5 car lengths too slow and anything pass 1:30 mark at Streets of Willow with 400+whp under your belt is way too slow.

Frankly speaking, you need to drive faster to keep up with that Ferrari. Even if you have 100 more whp, with your existing driving skills, I doubt you can pass that 360 Stradale!!!!

RedAE86
11-13-2005, 10:37 PM

Remember you got smoked by a white STI??* :twisted:
HaHa... Of Course, that was me* :2funny:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I second that !!!!
:grin:

Senshi
11-13-2005, 11:44 PM
if the ferrari was only doing 1:34s thats not that fast there are a few members on here that can do much faster then that :roll:

wapita
11-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Horrible club to go with. Sessions are too short and they allow way to many cars on that track per session.

Not to mention their double tech inspections are ludicrous....

Senshi
11-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Horrible club to go with. Sessions are too short and they allow way to many cars on that track per session.

Not to mention their double tech inspections are ludicrous....

if u had read the forum you would have seen that we warned people about them if you want a good track experiance come next week to the speed ventures event O0

wapita
11-14-2005, 12:25 AM
yeah...wished I listened. I've been with speed ventures before, but I can't make any more of their events this year so I thought I'd give this club a try.

Oh well...first and last time :)

Was fun passing that ferrari with a stock evo though.

kickassti
11-14-2005, 01:04 AM
um..... Speed Trial wasn't too bad to me. Actual, I like the way they do. The reason they double tech your car is for your safety. They need to making sure your car is 100% in safety condition before you hit onto the track. You never want your wheel fell off during race. The way they organizes are pretty well. Ambulance prepared (of course, we never want to see them. But you never know) and flags checker at the track.

PS: This is just my person opinion. I'm not from Speed Trial. I just like the way they do

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 09:57 AM
any pics?

BAH! @ SoW ... you should of

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
:2funny:

I was there today with my Hachi for the Time Attack. By the way, it was a 360 Stradale, NOT an F430.

I have watched the entire session when your EVO was trying to keep up with the Ferrari. Dare for me to say, you were barely keeping up with that Ferrari, I don't see anyway you can pass him..... Don't make it sounds like you are on his asS!

Ferrari and EVO has different cornering abilities and characteristics, EVO can attain a higher cornering speed at certain corners, but not all!

I don't know how many WHP you got (if your SN suggests what you've got) you should have plenty to pass that Ferrari. I timed the Ferrari and he ran 1:34 on his best lap and you are still about 4-5 car lengths too slow and anything pass 1:30 mark at Streets of Willow with 400+whp under your belt is way too slow.

Frankly speaking, you need to drive faster to keep up with that Ferrari. Even if you have 100 more whp, with your existing driving skills, I doubt you can pass that 360 Stradale!!!!

OWNED!!!! an BTW he doesn't have near 400whp :P
500whp it's the name of his online store...still at streets he should of been able to run faster then 1:34's ...

if the ferrari was only doing 1:34s thats not that fast there are a few members on here that can do much faster then that :roll:

we need to represent next time at the track, i hope i can break into 1:28-29's ...

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM

Remember you got smoked by a white STI?? :twisted:
HaHa... Of Course, that was me :2funny:

are you stock ? what were your times ?

kickassti
11-14-2005, 10:32 AM
stock engine, down pipe, exhaust with 225/45/17 P Zero Corsa tires 1:27:54. Fast enough to smoke him right? :twisted:

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 10:36 AM
stock engine, down pipe, exhaust with 225/45/17 P Zero Corsa tires 1:27:54. Fast enough to smoke him right? :twisted:

yeap! lol .....

Justin1933
11-14-2005, 11:37 AM
stock engine, down pipe, exhaust with 225/45/17* P Zero Corsa tires 1:27:54. Fast enough to smoke him right?* :twisted:

That is a fast time....Are you sure you were in the 1:27's with a stock engine? You must be one hell of a driver...The track records at the SV events are 1:24-1:25 with cars that have 400-550 whp and pro drivers....

kickassti
11-14-2005, 12:08 PM
stock engine, down pipe, exhaust with 225/45/17* P Zero Corsa tires 1:27:54. Fast enough to smoke him right?* :twisted:

That is a fast time....Are you sure you were in the 1:27's with a stock engine?* You must be one hell of a driver...The track records at the SV events are 1:24-1:25 with cars that have 400-550 whp and pro drivers....

Yes, stock engine. According to the hotlap timer that provided by Speed Trial. But I got beat by a highly mods Civic EP3 1:26's

Senshi
11-14-2005, 12:09 PM

yea to do a 1:27 on a stock engine is pritty crazy :uglystupid2: especially with those tires, what kinda driving experiance do you have?

kickassti
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM

yea to do a 1:27 on a stock engine is pritty crazy :uglystupid2: especially with those tires, what kinda driving experiance do you have?

I have been attampting the ST events in the pass 6 yrs

speedform
11-14-2005, 01:38 PM

Yeah...I gotta call BS on this one. Which car were you driving? An STI? Maybe w/ full suspension upgrade, brakes and gutted interior. I'm not trying to be a ass but this sounds pretty fishy.

kickassti
11-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Yeah...I gotta call BS on this one. Which car were you driving? An STI? Maybe w/ full suspension upgrade, brakes and gutted interior. I'm not trying to be a ass but this sounds pretty fishy.

Yap..! I have coilover, sway bar and big brake kit upgraded. But stock engine

GokuSSJ4
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
i believe mueller was running 1;27's with RA1s or Hoosiers , dont recall which one....
on a practice run, with the boost not turn up.. probably 19psi... on Kents car before it receive muellerized 3++...

500whp
11-15-2005, 01:32 AM
ahahhahahahah just to defend myself, yes may be from the side lines and i know on the last turn im about 1 car behind which is a lot, but there is no way i could of took him.* During the entire lab i am right behind him and in the S im way faster than him, so yes i think i am faster than the 350 NOT 430 =).* But no one past me that day so i dont know sup w/ the white sti that "past me".* *:twisted:

edit: remember im the one w/ the 500whp.com sticker, there was like 2 other white evos, 2 blue evos, and 1 mr there that day. yes i have about 350 whp

500whp
11-15-2005, 01:39 AM
and also the Ferrari took off frist, then past like 3 cars which took me about 2 laps to past. Then the Ferrari was about 10-15 cars ahead and i caught up.

GokuSSJ4
11-15-2005, 01:47 AM
without official lap times, it's worth less ..........

500whp
11-15-2005, 01:47 AM
without official lap times, it's worth less ..........

yes sir, but just want to make the point that if i was just keeping up w/ the ferrari there was no way i could of been 1 car behind at the last turn. After he got a head start, then past 2-3 cars, and took me 2 laps to past those. While the Ferrari basiclly had the track all to himself in front so =)

GokuSSJ4
11-15-2005, 06:36 PM
excuses ! LOL... :roll:

500whp
11-19-2005, 02:49 PM
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10753/normal_ferrari2.jpg

It was like this the whole session and plus there wasn't any traffic infront of the Ferrari

Richard EVO
11-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Wouldn't the Ferrari just point you by if you were on his ass the whole session. This kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a Speed Ventures event. He would have been black-flagged and told not to hold up faster drivers (just because his car cost more). Another reason not to attend Speed Trials USA event.

Couldn't you just take him on the front straight without a point by? If you have 500 whp, it should have been a walk in the park passing him on a straightaway.

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 07:16 PM
Wouldn't the Ferrari just point you by if you were on his ass the whole session. This kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a Speed Ventures event. He would have been black-flagged and told not to hold up faster drivers (just because his car cost more). Another reason not to attend Speed Trials USA event.

Couldn't you just take him on the front straight without a point by? If you have 500 whp, it should have been a walk in the park passing him on a straightaway.

500whp is the name of his shop, his car has way way less then that.. so on the straights the ferrari wasnt even consider to be a competition for his evo that has around 330-340whp

500whp
11-20-2005, 01:35 PM
thanks tom... damn so much hate against my car damn. If you think im slow, next time u see me at an even ask me to go behind you and see if i passes you. Just like i did w/ the Ferrari... although i couldn't pass him.

speedform
11-22-2005, 12:28 AM
Wouldn't the Ferrari just point you by if you were on his ass the whole session.* This kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a Speed Ventures event.* He would have been black-flagged and told not to hold up faster drivers (just because his car cost more).* *Another reason not to attend Speed Trials USA event.

Couldn't you just take him on the front straight without a point by?* If you have 500 whp, it should have been a walk in the park passing him on a straightaway.

Wow.....where to start. The Ferrari was NOT holding him up. There was a fairly constant 2-3 car gap between the 2 vehicles. It looked like they were just having a good time (I was driving the other white Evo about 8-10 sec. ahead of the other cars in question). Our gap never changed. I talked to the Ferrari driver and his passenger (an instructor just along for the ride) and they both said the Ferrari was in a constant state of slide. They were just out having fun.
And Richard. The next time you come up on a 400+ hp Ferrari, be sure to mention what a 'walk in the park' it is to pass him, as your eating his exhaust fumes. Better yet, let's call in the BIG guns and bring that Toyota Echo driver back out. You know who I'm talking about, right?!

Ricardon
11-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Talking smack about who is faster than who, and who passed who at a freaking open track day is gay. No, I mean it...IT'S GAY Timing is a tool by which you can check your own progress and combine that number with what you /felt/ in the car in the last session so you might be able to figure out a way to improve for the next session. If it doesn't serve that purpose then it's a totally useless bunch of unimportant numbers. Keep stroking the e-penis though guys, it's fun to read this crap sometimes.

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 01:15 AM
we do this just for you :P

kimletrim
11-22-2005, 09:05 AM
I want to go so bad!

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 10:37 AM
I want to go so bad!

try to make it on the 16th of dec...
several of us are going to this event....
i hope you are able to keep up :P LOL...

Justin1933
11-22-2005, 11:00 AM
You guys should really go on the 9th to the SV event....I am sure the Redline event will be fun, but the SV event should be a blast...

Richard EVO
11-22-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree Dec. 9 at SOW with SV will be great. Jordan, Mueller & Co. will be there testing again. I have to miss it, but for good reason; a 3-day trip to Thunderhill. Have fun at SOW. Will try to make the 16th with RTE.

hagakure
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
I agree Dec. 9 at SOW with SV will be great.* Jordan, Mueller & Co. will be there testing again.* I have to miss it, but for good reason; a 3-day trip to Thunderhill.* Have fun at SOW.* Will try to make the 16th with RTE.

You going to be at t-hill with hooked on driving 12/8? If so, I'll see you there in the advanced group.

Percy

GokuSSJ4
11-22-2005, 12:15 PM
I'm unable to go on the 9th, i have something to do that week.. (getting some HID's :smitten: )
but i will try to request the day off, dont know if i will have tires by then as well...
it all depends how this weekend turns out, since im getting the car tune as well as my NEW seat install... no harness for the meantime..

Richard EVO
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
I agree Dec. 9 at SOW with SV will be great.* Jordan, Mueller & Co. will be there testing again.* I have to miss it, but for good reason; a 3-day trip to Thunderhill.* Have fun at SOW.* Will try to make the 16th with RTE.

You going to be at t-hill with hooked on driving 12/8? If so, I'll see you there in the advanced group.

Percy

No, I'm running the Performance Driving Clinic on Dec. 10 because I want some instruction at Thunderhill, and then the HPDE days with NCDA on Dec. 11 and TEAM on Dec. 12. This stuff is all on the NorCalEvo Motorsports forum.

500whp
11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Wouldn't the Ferrari just point you by if you were on his ass the whole session.* This kind of behavior wouldn't be tolerated at a Speed Ventures event.* He would have been black-flagged and told not to hold up faster drivers (just because his car cost more).* *Another reason not to attend Speed Trials USA event.

Couldn't you just take him on the front straight without a point by?* If you have 500 whp, it should have been a walk in the park passing him on a straightaway.

Wow.....where to start. The Ferrari was NOT holding him up. There was a fairly constant 2-3 car gap between the 2 vehicles. It looked like they were just having a good time (I was driving the other white Evo about 8-10 sec. ahead of the other cars in question). Our gap never changed. I talked to the Ferrari driver and his passenger (an instructor just along for the ride) and they both said the Ferrari was in a constant state of slide. They were just out having fun.
And Richard. The next time you come up on a 400+ hp Ferrari, be sure to mention what a 'walk in the park' it is to pass him, as your eating his exhaust fumes. Better yet, let's call in the BIG guns and bring that Toyota Echo driver back out. You know who I'm talking about, right?!

Next time we just to time it

TEDDY
12-01-2005, 09:40 PM
hey 500whp ,are u going the speedtrial this sunday .

kickassti
12-02-2005, 11:30 PM

He probably scared of the Ferriar guy :2funny:

speedform
12-04-2005, 10:43 PM

He probably scared of the Ferriar guy* :2funny:

The what?