PDA

View Full Version : Respect for the Evo

k2da_izo
11-04-2005, 03:10 PM
I just want to share with you a strange experience I had today when I went to eat at In&Out.* When I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed a hot, tricked out blue 350Z with twin GReddy catbacks parked at the far end of the lot.* Being me, I parked in no man's land right beside it because door dings are a huge pet peeve of mine.* Anyway, the driver and passenger stepped outside and just kept on staring at my car.* They eventually walked in and grabbed their lunch and so did I.

When I was done eating, I saw them again just chillin' in their car with the doors open.* When I walked up to my car, the driver immediately came up to me and said, "so how do you like that Evo?"* I was like, "it's aiight".* For a moment there, I thought he was gonna challenge me to a race or something.* But to my surprise, he calmly said, "dude, I wish I had an Evo".* I'm like, "yeah, but you've got a fast car too, bro."* He replied with, "yeah, but it's no EVO!* I keep losing to those damn things off the line!"* I just told him to trade in his car and bid him farewell.

That was weird, considering my Evo is new and BONE STOCK!* First, I thought these guys were eyeing my car for parts, but then I thought they wanted to race, only to find out that they're just giving out props for havin' an Evo.* This is all new to me since I'm coming from the world of Honda and always got bagged on for just HAVING a Civic.* Any of this happened to you?* In any event, I thought it was cool to see someone who owns a fast car and compliments you for just simply driving a well-respected vehicle.* I got my ego for the day.

j_nizzle
11-04-2005, 03:23 PM
you got lucky because those guys were true entusiasts...good for you though. most of the ricers i run into want to race, or just try to talk shit.

bogey8
11-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Get used to it. When I first got mine, I was getting propz almost everyday for the first 3 weeks.

The first compliment I got was also from a guy with a silver 350Z at a Chevron gas station. This was 2 years ago.

Macky
11-04-2005, 05:20 PM
that seemed like a cool guy.

EvoPwr
11-04-2005, 05:26 PM
those are far and few between.

GOOSE_Ej
11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
thats coo man..

i get that sometimes..

EvolvedMCC
11-08-2005, 11:57 PM
true enthusiasts know what's up. i get thumbs up and compliments from 350Z and STi owners all the time. the cool ones, anyway. usually they just look away (even though I can see them staring at me from a distance then look away when we pass). :grin:

WavMixer
11-09-2005, 01:21 PM
I just love when a stranger comes outta no where to give me props on my car. Gives me wood ;)

Blaze
11-09-2005, 03:03 PM
That's funny. I keep seeing Zs and thinking to myself, "damn, I wish I had another Z".

The grass is always greener, I guess....

k2da_izo
11-09-2005, 03:10 PM
That's funny.* I keep seeing Zs and thinking to myself, "damn, I wish I had another Z".

The grass is always greener, I guess....

True that. The Z I saw was pimped out, man. But I still love my EVO! :smitten:

daniel
12-01-2005, 12:06 AM
I had a G35 (basically a nicer 350Z) before my EVO. 350Z's are great and I always have a blast racing them. Anything over 120 and you won't shake them.. hahahahaha... VQ motors are all top end! :grin:

Most import guys (even a few SRT-4's) are usually pretty cool I find. The guy's that get pissy (I found) are the M3, AMG guys when you eat their $60K car and keep they accelerating even when the race is over :2funny:

k2da_izo
12-01-2005, 11:03 AM
I had a G35 (basically a nicer 350Z) before my EVO. 350Z's are great and I always have a blast racing them. Anything over 120 and you won't shake them.. hahahahaha... VQ motors are all top end!* :grin:

Most import guys (even a few SRT-4's) are usually pretty cool I find. The guy's that get pissy (I found) are the M3, AMG guys when you eat their $60K car and keep they accelerating even when the race is over* :2funny:

Yup, and living in Newport Beach with most of those cats, I do find that fact to be true. They get pissed by the fact that their high-end ride got smoked by one half the cost.

Alpha4LFE
12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
did the Z happen to look like this?

http://www.z33driver.com/images/glamorshots/pepperdine/TresAmigos_cars6.jpg
http://www.z33driver.com/images/glamorshots/pepperdine/Z_front2.jpg

dM
12-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I love to hear stuff like that. makes me fill good about my buy.

Befor i owned my evo. I owned a RSX-s, I loved the car alot but the only people who really Looked at the car and said damn that car is clean were guys... now i own a EVO. Yea i get the O0 more then i did befor. but now I get alot of looks from girls, they just look at the car and say I love your car.

Now that makes me get a wood... lol

I just love when a stranger comes outta no where to give me props on my car. Gives me wood ;)

Racing Chick
12-02-2005, 01:00 PM
thats coo man..

i get that sometimes..

I actually had someone surround my Evo with baskets at Wal-Mart so it couldn't get dings like in the car commercial on tv. The thought was nice, but had to move all those damn baskets by myself.

Chris in SD
12-03-2005, 06:54 AM
The best is when cops give your Evo props (and don't ticket you)! :police:

Gear Grinder
12-03-2005, 10:29 AM
thats coo man..

i get that sometimes..

I actually had someone surround my Evo with baskets at Wal-Mart so it couldn't get dings like in the car commercial on tv. The thought was nice, but had to move all those damn baskets by myself.
maybe they thought it was a shopping cart.

E V O L W O N
12-03-2005, 12:33 PM
thats coo man..
i get that sometimes..

maybe they thought it was a shopping cart.

dumb ass at my work calls it a shopping cart.* I laughed pretty hard when I smoked his civic si, I love it when I can make an idiot feel bad and shove his insult right up that grapefruit shooter on the back of his POS!!!!! :twisted:

Dagul
12-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Yeah, a had a couple strangers come up and tell me that I have a nice car when I first bought the car. Now I get revved at by just every conceivable form of rice. Had an S2K pull up next to me and just start revving the piss out of his car while we were at a stop light. Funny thing is that my in-laws where in the back seat. :2funny:

Chris in SD
12-24-2005, 05:05 AM
I didn't realize an S2K was rice... :roll:

Dagul
12-24-2005, 05:37 AM
I didn't realize an S2K was rice...* :roll:

It's only as rice as the person driving it...* :2funny: Just like any other car. Heck there's another evo in my neighborhood that's rather rice looking. Has one of those ebay looking exhausts that hang pretty low (seriously bad fitment) and revs his engine whenever he passes me by and proceeds to bone out racing against his shadow or something... Sadly, I watched him get spanked by an SC400 on a 60 roll...* :-(

I didn't mean to single out the S2K like that. It's a great car, but any car no matter how nice, can always be turned into rice as with any other car.* :grin:

EDIT: that was going down the 54 from the woodman exit all the way to the 5... The S2K deal was right by In N Out by Mile of Cars...

Bills Evo
12-24-2005, 08:12 AM
What's funny to me is having ricers rev when they see me and they're not next to me. But as soon as he's next me he gets real quiet. Ever notice that after you smoke them they usually turn off. Had a couple of S2000 pull up next to me at the next light and talk though. Cool guys.
Had some idiot follow me into Tom's after he wouldn't race me and come over to our table and tell us how bad his '89 honduh was. I asked why he didn't want to show me back at that light, and he said let me go hookup my NOS and...we said 'let's go right now' and all he did was run his mouth.

*chris*
12-24-2005, 08:23 AM
my friend and i were at walmart yesterday pickin up some alcohol and when we got back to the car and turned it on, bunch of high schoolers pulled into the spot next to us. they all got out and were doing the .... :-o. then the driver walks around to the front of my car and looks it over then walks past the passenger side(friend had his window down) and says whats up. quite humorous.

ebevo
12-24-2005, 09:22 PM
okay my turn for funny events...earlier today i was like waiting at light on sunset blvd...and had this slew of opposite bound drivers just stared at my car while they drove by...from riced out civics, bimmers, and G35 drivers it was weird :-o

today pulled into my gym parking lot...had this old ford explorer coming towards me...inside was a guy with his girl in the passenger seat just laughing and talking

as soon as we got closer the girl just stopped yapping and just flashed me her "O" face :coolsmiley:

proud day to be an evo owner O0