PDA

View Full Version : HKS SSQ BOV Issues...

EvoRacer619
11-06-2005, 07:44 PM
I was at the junk yard today but leaving i saw the huge water park..parking lot open so i went nuts and did some pretty crazy doughnuts...but i guess as i was doing them at WOT my BOV poped out?Then as it came off it was hitting the cooling fan. the hose clap was pretty tight i also have a AEM shot ram intake full 3" exhaust, SAFCII- idle sucks and this is the new style BOV. did it come off b/c of the boost even though its still stock? just trying to figure out what happend even though i think i know what went worng but would like some feedback from others..im thinking of going with another BOV. Also the sound is pretty weird, sounds much much different than the one i had on my WRX any body know of any sound clips of what it sould sound like with a AEM intake and HKS SSQ?

Thanks

Racing Chick
11-06-2005, 11:10 PM
That's really strange. My husband and I both run SSQ Bovs, one new style and one old and we haven't had this problem. As for how the new one should sound, just like the old one did.

Racing Chick
11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh yeah I forgot about the gold and purple inserts you can get. One is for a higher pitch and the other is for a lower pitch, but the stock insert sounds the same on both, at least on our cars.

lockjaw
11-07-2005, 04:02 AM
the HKS SSQV, have three different type sound. you can buy those things "whatever it's call".* aslo by messing with the screw it will also change the sound. get some real clamps. It cost to play. O0

he has the new style so there is no screw. i have this 1 also and have never had a problem with it.