PDA

View Full Version : Vegas trip...

Luscious
11-07-2005, 09:46 AM
So I was driving back from Vegas yesterday, and had a little trouble....
I was cruising at about 85-90 when I suddenly smelt burning oil. I took a quick look into my rear view mirror and my heart sank...white smoke coming from my tail end..... oh noes!!! It only lasted for about 3-5 seconds.
I pulled off at the next exit, and took a look under the car. I could see oil sizzling on exhaust pipe right around the cat, and a nice fresh oil spray along the bottom. I rolled around underneath and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. it smelt like gear oil. I waited a bit, and noticed no more was leaking, so I got back in, and hit the road. I was fine for the rest of the trip. Any ideas?

This morning I noticed a quarter sized pool on the floor of the garage under the rear of the engine, drivers side. So now its off to service...where can I go with no warrentee hassle for having a bucsher TBE?

donatevo
11-07-2005, 01:24 PM
Go to HB Mitsu O0

Evolution.VIII
11-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Brian at Riverside Mitsu will take good care of you too. Either way, it looks like you have a drive.

Good luck! O0 :mitsu:

Luscious
11-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I called Glendale about the problem ( I spoke with someone named Dave) and after I told him what was going on (btw...the clutch is making noise now when I downshift from 4-->3 or 3--->2) he then told me that they have to to "clear" all the warrantee issues with Mitsu (sounds norm to me) and sometimes an "engineer" will have to come out and inspect the vehicle to see if it has been abused or driven a "certain" way.
Sound suspecious?

ErroR
11-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Yeah. You might just want to save yourself some hassle and go to HB.