PDA

View Full Version : SOW - November 18th w/ Speedventures

Justin1933
11-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Who is going to this one? I will be there after being forced to miss the last event, due to myself and my wife being sick....

Clockwise with the bowl...

Senshi
11-10-2005, 06:27 PM
i'll prob be there, hope you can make it this time justin we need more evo representation at these event O0

trannb
11-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm already signed up. See you out there!

Justin1933
11-10-2005, 08:01 PM
I will be there...Aaron asked me if I wanted to instruct, so I will be there helping with the newbs as well....I haven't been driving that long, but I had got some great instruction from Otto at the first couple of EOC events and have been going faster ever since....

GokuSSJ4
11-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I will be there...Aaron asked me if I wanted to instruct, so I will be there helping with the newbs as well....I haven't been driving that long, but I had got some great instruction from Otto at the first couple of EOC events and have been going faster ever since....

tell me about it , last event you did 1:29.9 vs my 1:30.01 lol and i have the quaife :'( need more practing on being able to take the skidpad alot faster, like you have...
but the 18th i can't make it, maybe a dec... event i can due a track day..

Senshi
11-10-2005, 10:07 PM

tell me about it , last event you did 1:29.9 vs my 1:30.01 lol and i have the quaife :'( need more practing on being able to take the skidpad alot faster, like you have...

bah you keep on saying next event :roll: what direction are those times?

Richard EVO
11-11-2005, 12:13 AM
:2funny: next event, doesn't have tires, blah blah blah* :2funny:

Ok, I admit 1:30.01 is faster than I have run SOW, but back in the stone age the last time Goku was actually there, it was only 1.1 miles on gravel and you had to go off course to avoid the Dinosaurs.* J/K* :2funny:

If I can get next Friday off work I will show up.* If not, you can make fun of me for making excuses.* :grin:

genrec
11-11-2005, 12:27 AM

tell me about it , last event you did 1:29.9 vs my 1:30.01 lol and i have the quaife* :'( need more practing on being able to take the skidpad alot faster, like you have...

Justin, i'm with Goku..i will be at the next event. just want a few more upgrades on the car....goku just wants to get his jdm mr headlights on, then he'll be ready.. :2funny:

Then you can teach me a thing or two.. O0

Senshi
11-11-2005, 12:42 AM
its funny that people want to upgrade there car before they do a track day when the thing that will really make u faster is track time......except for some people :roll:

lagcisco
11-11-2005, 12:50 AM
I've been wanting to get a whole shit load of mods but have been holding off because the car as is, stock cept for exhaust is so much faster than I am.

Sure, I want the coilovers and fat rollbar and ra1s and dr gray stage 1 and all that good shit but I also don't want to get in over my head with a car I can't even control, plus, when I get mods I want to be able to feel the difference, I'm sure if I were to upgrade a whole mess of things like suspension without even really getting to know the stock suspension I most likely wouldn't even be able to tell the difference

anyhow, now I just need to get my ass to the track events but all the track events coming up seem to be on fridays though this weekend theres one.. can't make it out though

Justin1933
11-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Goku is buying my headlights...I won't need lights for much longer....I hope....As for the 1:29 time that direction was CCW....I am no where near as fast as I hope to be....This Friday, I get to test out the new Quaife and my new Seats.....Can't wait....

As for mods that I recommend for a track like Willow? Tires, Race Brake Pads, SS Brake Lines, Motul, and the RRC rear sway and bushings....That will make a world of difference on SOW.....

Senshi
11-12-2005, 07:38 PM
just signed up so ill see u all there ;)

Richard EVO
11-18-2005, 12:11 AM
I signed up today. See you there tomorrow morning. :D

Richard EVO
11-19-2005, 08:44 AM
Great event!!! Thanks to Aaron and the SpeedVentures crew.* As usual, Aaron let me run double sessions and I got tons of track time. Weather was perfect, sunny, mid-70s, and hardly any wind.

Kent Jordan, John Mueller, and the whole Road Race Chassis team were there testing Kent's new race car, an E46 M3, as well as Kent's Caterham Super 7 and John's newly-prepared street EVO.* There were 2 special Muellerized-only test and tune run sessions.* I got to run in one of them with a bunch of other EVOs -- there were about 10 EVOs at the event.

I think I had more fun at this event than just about every track day I have ever done.* I ran a 1:32, which I think is pretty respectable (yeah, I know some of you guys are a couple of seconds faster, but I'm getting there).* *O0

Senshi
11-19-2005, 01:50 PM
this really was a great track event, even after being bumped up to advanced which i though i wasnt ready for i had some fun running with a race spec NSX O0, also again thanx to John for letting me run in there private session and getting a bunch of fully open laps. It was also great to watch Johns EVO shoot by and just watching his line through a few corners help me drop about 1 sec off my lap time. As richard said there were a good amount of EVOs out there maybe its time to give an EOC event another try or atleast getting our own run group in a speedventures event would be fun.

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 02:48 PM
its funny that people want to upgrade there car before they do a track day when the thing that will really make u faster is track time......except for some people :roll:

you know that i need some upgrades.. runing a car with the stock braking system is worthless at SoW... as well as getting the proper seating and harness helps to shave some seconds off your times...

Senshi
11-19-2005, 03:19 PM

you know that i need some upgrades.. runing a car with the stock braking system is worthless at SoW... as well as getting the proper seating and harness helps to shave some seconds off your times...

bah maybe it would be good for u to try to drive the stock one fast but whatever as long as u do an event next month

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 03:54 PM

bah maybe it would be good for u to try to drive the stock one fast but whatever as long as u do an event next month

NEVER!!! and boiled my fluid through the middle of a session :roll: its not worth it!

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 04:00 PM
Great event!!! Thanks to Aaron and the SpeedVentures crew. As usual, Aaron let me run double sessions and I got tons of track time. Weather was perfect, sunny, mid-70s, and hardly any wind.

Kent Jordan, John Mueller, and the whole Road Race Chassis team were there testing Kent's new race car, an E46 M3, as well as Kent's Caterham Super 7 and John's newly-prepared street EVO. There were 2 special Muellerized-only test and tune run sessions. I got to run in one of them with a bunch of other EVOs -- there were about 10 EVOs at the event.

I think I had more fun at this event than just about every track day I have ever done. I ran a 1:32, which I think is pretty respectable (yeah, I know some of you guys are a couple of seconds faster, but I'm getting there). O0

you have added more mods to your car as well :P
if i remember correctly you might have done headwork, bigger valves (1mm) and Who knows what other things you have added to your car..As wel as a more extremem suspension set up..
Glad that you are finally reaching low 30's... but with all the track experience that you have, you should be faster then just about most peeps ..
not clowning on you, but once you start to modify the car and you see time improvements, with you changing differnt things.. that shouldn't count as your driving skills improving but as well as how many more mods you have added to the car...

gt40
11-19-2005, 04:08 PM
More track time is the quickest way to improve your times. Doing days on a regular basis especially. As far as the stock brakes, motul and some lines + track pads and the car is ready to go. Add some r compounds if you must but you will learn more off of em.

Senshi
11-19-2005, 04:27 PM
heres some pics i took at the event 8)
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=256

Richard EVO
11-19-2005, 05:57 PM
if i remember correctly you might have done headwork, bigger valves (1mm) and Who knows what* other things you have added to your car..As wel as a more extremem suspension set up..
Glad that you are finally reaching low 30's... but with all the track experience that you have, you should be faster then just about most peeps ..
not clowning on you, but once you start to modify the car and you see time improvements, with you changing differnt things.. that shouldn't count as your driving skills* improving but as well as how many more mods you have added to the car...

I really have no desire to get in a fight with you. However, your information about my mods is completely wrong. I have not done "head word" and my valves are stock. As for my "extermem (sic) suspension set up", you have a Muellerized car, so I will assume your suspension is about like mine. Finally, I have knocked several seconds off my time at SOW in the last couple of months with no new modifications.

If you want to sit at home and whine about the state of your car or needing more mods or whatever, and talk smack about other people's driving skills, knock yourself out. I prefer to go to the track as often as I can, because I have fun there. :D

GokuSSJ4
11-19-2005, 07:17 PM
if i remember correctly you might have done headwork, bigger valves (1mm) and Who knows what other things you have added to your car..As wel as a more extremem suspension set up..
not clowning on you, but once you start to modify the car and you see time improvements, with you changing differnt things.. that shouldn't count as your driving skills improving but as well as how many more mods you have added to the car...

I really have no desire to get in a fight with you. However, your information about my mods is completely wrong. I have not done "head word" and my valves are stock. As for my "extermem (sic) suspension set up", you have a Muellerized car, so I will assume your suspension is about like mine. Finally, I have knocked several seconds off my time at SOW in the last couple of months with no new modifications.

If you want to sit at home and whine about the state of your car or needing more mods or whatever, and talk smack about other people's driving skills, knock yourself out. I prefer to go to the track as often as I can, because I have fun there. :D

BAH! LOL...

Senshi
11-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Goku = 0wned, i gotta back richard on this one. when was last time u even did a trackday.... even before you crashed your car you wernt doing any, so even if u come back with a faster car then you had before as a driver i doubt youve improved over the last year :buck2:

Ricardon
11-20-2005, 02:36 AM
Correction on Goku's post about boiling his brake fluid half way through a run...that was ME!! I felt so bad for my hair gel'd friend too...poor bastard had to miss like 3 sessions while he was swapping all his fluid and bleeding the system. Speed Bleeders FTW!!!

trannb
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I just wanted to say that I had a great time at this event. Traffic was light the whole day, there was lots of track time available, and everything was well run. All in all, I put in 97 laps (calculated) in 7 sessions and was only held up in traffic a small handful of laps. Thanks SpeedVentures for a great event as usual and thanks to Kent/Mueller for letting me run in their testing sessions. It was great seeing so many evos out there. Also, congrats to Richard for setting a new personal best on that track.

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 02:27 AM

Goku = 0wned, i gotta back richard on this one. when was last time u even did a trackday.... even before you crashed your car you wernt doing any, so even if u come back with a faster car then you had before as a driver i doubt youve improved over the last year :buck2:

Theres several reasons why i hadn't track my car before, believe me if it was up too me, i would track the car at least 4 times a month.. But amoung adults (sorry Senshi i have to exclude you out on this one) theres responsabilities that come before having fun.. an during those months, was one of the many things why i couldn't or chose not to track the car..
After having the accident that i had, i understand the difference on modding the car as well as the driver.. The main reason why i chose suspension as my First mod..
The car at the moment it's practically bone stock.. Just because i required certain things in order to track the car, doesn't mean i'm making excuses... Like Rich mention it, it's not fun having to miss 3 sessions due to bleeding your brakes.. Because or thanks to Rich, i have learn how to properly use the brake system on the evo (not being afraid to get on the brakes) so i completly understand the importance behind having at least SS lines and motul fluid...
As within time, i also realize the need of a bucket seat with harness at the track.. it makes a huge difference ( don't understand your point on coming back with a faster car then before based on that) my other mods will go on the car in due time.. which have absolutly nothing do with whether i track the car or not...

As far as Richard Evo, i rather leave my comments at that. since he can get offended easily, dont understand why when i have told you on previous post to , not to take everything so DAMN serious..
It's like me getting mad at rich for all the hazing that he has done in the past.
But then again we're all different and have different personalities...

Senshi
11-21-2005, 03:10 AM
goku first off i hope u know that im hazing you, and i do understand that brakes and tires are important for the track but i dont really see a reason to do them premeturly, the way ive done my car is ive waited till something breaks before i replace it. Some of the mods like the FMIC i really dont see the need for before doing a track day but i guess to each his own. The other thing is i oviously know that other things like work come before anything car related, im lucky that im still in school and that the way i make $$$ money is very flexible. I just would like to see u out at the track as soon as possible cus its alot more fun doing track days with people you know.

Ricardon
11-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Let's not turn this thread into a haze thread guys. Goku, lighten up a bit bro...we've all got shit that we have to wade through to survive before we get to do things like have fun (I know this all to well). I think the hazing is just an attempt to get you out there in the end. It's like you're modding the car so you can take it to the track, but because you're spending all your time and money modding the car so you can go to the track, you don't have any time or money left to actually go. Don't worry about the little things. Don't worry about being fast. And especially don't worry about what anyone here talks shit about. Just go brother...have fun. If you want to mod the car first and then go to the track, cool, that's entirely up to you my friend. Just say "Fuck you I want to mod my car first" and don't make excuses about it. Screw these guys and their hair gel policies...do it for you.

Now...all of you stfu and talk about the event and how cool it was, about how you can't wait to go again, and about how you wish there were more evo owners that went to the track!! O0

Senshi
11-21-2005, 04:26 AM
luckly this event had a great number of EVOs ;) i just would love for there to be another event like the first EOC, it was the event that got me hooked on the track and i would love to do it again theres nuthing better then doing a track event and even chilling the night before and just having fun O0 Hopefully when you get back rich you can help mark get alot of people out for another big EOC event.

Back on-topic i know alot more people then just me took pics at the event i would love to see them!!!

Justin1933
11-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Another great event by the guys at Speed Ventures...Good turnout, little traffic, and nice weather...What could be better...

Thanks to Robi for coming down and setting up the APR Wing for me...

Also, thanks to Mueller and Kent for letting me run in their sessions...Driving behind Mueller was a blast while it latested...Good thing they change the setup on M3 after someone gave it a nice dirt bath....

I didn't run fast lap times (1:30.3), but driving with the Quaife was definitely different...Also, pulled off my tires towards the end of the day, to find they were missing huge chunks of tread...That explains why my car felt like I had to no grip....Oh well, I will have some tires for the SV event on the 9th....

BTW, don't miss the event on the 9th...Aaron mentioned they are going to have some contest (biggest donut, etc.) during the lunch break...I guess an end of the season deal....

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 09:32 AM
getting use too the front LSD is something else, and in order to take full advantage you have to learn how to drive differently then before (without the quaife) to take the car to its full potential.

As far as modding the car goes, well LOL the mods that the car has are very minimal and have been there since almost day 1...
The things that i need right now are things that i feel as a necessity at a track event, so bottom line is this: the car will not see the track to i have those things install...

Senshi
11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Justin what kinda lap times can you usally do?

Justin1933
11-21-2005, 12:43 PM
This is the first time I have run CW in quite some time..CCW was hiting consistent 1:29s without the Quaife and newer tires...I think I could hit 1:27s/1:28s...

Senshi
11-21-2005, 12:48 PM
This is the first time I have run CW in quite some time..CCW was hiting consistent 1:29s without the Quaife and newer tires...I think I could hit 1:27s/1:28s...

damn i wish i could have run closer to you i think i might have been able to pick some stuff up, well maybe next time im trying to see if i can make it out for the 9th

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 01:28 PM

damn i wish i could have run closer to you i think i might have been able to pick some stuff up, well maybe next time im trying to see if i can make it out for the 9th

CW to me is the easiest , LOL... next event on the 16th should be your favorite configuration (CCW) full track...
i'm trying to aim for 1:30's with the car as it is ... we shall see...

Senshi
11-21-2005, 01:48 PM
you really think CW is easier? i find that turn 1 and the chicain are alot harder CW. CCW i really dont see any part thats difficult.

Justin1933
11-21-2005, 02:19 PM
CCW is easier to me as well...However, I see how you can run faster times going CW...I was losing to much speed on the beginning and middle of the bowl, as well as the sections leading to the bowl...I felt like I was losing a good 1-2 seconds out there....

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 02:41 PM
i love CW, i find it easier to deal with (in certain turns) i have abit of a problem doing the skid pad CCW... as well as the bowl... i feel i can do alot better CCW's.. way better by at least 2-3 seconds...

Richard EVO
11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
2 - 3 seconds slower CCW sounds about right to me.* I think the reason is that you don't carry as much speed through the chicanes going CCW.* When you enter the chicanes CW, you are flying off the back straight.* When you enter them CW, you have just come off a 90 degree right turn and very short straight section. I also think your entrance to the back straight is faster CW because you are coming out of the bowl WOT. CCW you enter the back straight from the chicanes not as fast.

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 04:00 PM
well i enter the chicane CCW around the top of 3rd going almost into 4th gear, while on CW i'm flying all throught it on 4th ...

Senshi
11-21-2005, 05:51 PM
wow u guys have a 3 sec differance between the directions, in my last 2 track days i was only .300 sec faster going CW my biggest problem CW is i cant bring myself to take turn 1 flat out with my new setup i used to be able to do it with the stock EVO but now im just taking half throttle. the bowl is also a problem not sure what exactly is the best line to get the most exist speed, same with the skid pad. I tried a bunch of differant ways at the last event and they all ended up being pritty much the same but its hard to judge with out some mapping stuff like motec when theres only a few hundreths of a sec differance.

GokuSSJ4
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
wow u guys have a 3 sec differance between the directions, in my last 2 track days i was only .300 sec faster going CW* my biggest problem CW is i cant bring myself to take turn 1 flat out with my new setup i used to be able to do it with the stock EVO but now im just taking half throttle. the bowl is also a problem not sure what exactly is the best line to get the most exist speed, same with the skid pad. I tried a bunch of differant ways at the last event and they all ended up being pritty much the same but its hard to judge with out some mapping stuff like motec when theres only a few hundreths of a sec differance.

i have run on both directions at 1:30's but i feel that i can do so much better CCW...
i know theres some sections on CW that i can improve as well...

Ricardon
11-21-2005, 06:38 PM
2-3 seconds difference between the two sounds a bit off. There really shouldn't be /that/ much of a difference in your times (if you were doing it on the same day, same equipment of course). I don't think I've ever run 3 seconds slower/faster on either configuration given the same or similar variables. I think the 2-3 second difference may have been decided when you got out of bed that day...meaning you may not have physically or mentally felt the same when you ran faster. Yeah, the chicane is a lot faster as well as the bowl in CW config, but most of the rest of the track is faster in CCW. Technically, you should be a little quicker in CCW, but a little more "scared" in CW hehehe.

Blak94GSX
11-21-2005, 06:50 PM
The entry for the bowl is super late apex going CW, then just mash it and aim for the inside edge of the bowl and it will slide out nicely onto the straight (hopefully). CCW it is more of a double apex, late on the entry, early on the exit into the S at the top.

I don't like CCW as much because the car slides towards the pit wall and pit exit road going down the hill at 120mph... Have to time it just right so it slides onto the pit exit road and not hit the deep hole in the dirt just before the pit exit road.

Senshi
11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
i think ive gotten the basic line of the bowl i just wana maximize the exit speed and maintaint full boost through it

Blak94GSX
11-21-2005, 06:56 PM
You were running some nice lap times.

Quite a bit faster than my 12psi mud/snow tire eclipse until my tranny broke... :p

IloveSTIs
11-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Senshi....
*I'm kinda busy with school work right now. Will try to get your pics posted up soon.

Senshi
11-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Senshi....
I'm kinda busy with school work right now. Will try to get your pics posted up soon.

thanx man hope u can also make it to the meet tonight

IloveSTIs
12-03-2005, 06:40 PM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1451.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1562.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1570.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1559.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1560.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/frankenevo/IMG_1662.jpg

Senshi
12-03-2005, 06:49 PM
wow sweet pics man thanks for posting them up O0 anyway i can get the higher rez version of them