PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Chris in SD
11-10-2005, 04:21 PM
So I was cruising down to Tyson's Corner the other night (it's a fancy place in Northern VA) and I drove by the Aston Martin dealership and I see a ton of people in there... I stopped in mid-party for a bunch of hoity-toity people there for the sales launch of the new V8 Vantage (it's the small one that looks like all the other Astons, but it's 911 sized).

Anyway, seeing how I blended in perfectly (those of you that know me will understand how well I blend in with the upper-crust bluebloods :roll:), I decided to get in close and take a look. This car is MAGNIFICENT!!! The interior looks like that of the DB9, the leather is immaculate, the brakes are enormous, etc. etc. It is unbelievably low and wide - think 911 squashed out to the corners. Then there is the small factor of how much "poon" it would pull... LOL

The big issue is that the base price is $110K... and there's a 3-year waiting list. For the money it will cost after the "necessary" options, it would be comparable in price to a 997 Turbo with options. Hmmm, decisions, decisions... In 2 years, I will have more than enough equity in my place to just write the check. ;)

apexstrafer
11-10-2005, 05:08 PM
yep, I've been drooling over those for a while. $110K sounds a liiiittle steep though, at least when you consider that a comparably equipped 911 goes for ~$20K less. as exclusive as the aston would be in comparison to the see-10-a-day 911, I'd find it hard to spend the extra cash. besides...car magazine in the UK already found the 997 to be the better car in a shootout a couple months back ;)

Macky
11-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Aston Martin Vantage = instant 007 status.

thats a sweet car and if i had the extra cash, why the hell not?

digitalxdna
11-11-2005, 01:26 PM
can i get it ordered w/ rocket launchers, machine guns, optical camoflauge, bulletproof glass, ejection seats, remote control, and a martini, shaken, not stirred? lol...

Senshi
11-11-2005, 01:31 PM
can i get it ordered w/ rocket launchers, machine guns, optical camoflauge, bulletproof glass, ejection seats, remote control, and a martini, shaken, not stirred? lol...

whats funny is i saw a thing on tv that showed that Aston Martin HQ will acctually put anything you want on the car if money isnt a question, they had some of the old bond cars done up just like in the movie O0

EvoPwr
11-11-2005, 01:33 PM
$$$ but very nice.

hksevo8
11-11-2005, 03:47 PM
If you were still in this neck of the woods, you would have already seen more then one on the road. I thought you were going to place a bid on the Sparco Evo the other day.

BAH!

silvery_eagle
11-11-2005, 04:08 PM
screw that... go get the Zonda!

HaVoK23
11-11-2005, 08:13 PM
If I had the money to blow on a nice expensive car it'd probably be an Aston Martin