PDA

View Full Version : No front Plate Tix at LAX - Be careful!

pangaroo
11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Well.. sadly had to leave the evo at the LAX parking structure for a work trip. When I came back I had a ticket for no front plate. I parked head in, so someone had to be specifically looking for this rather than an officer driving by to look for theft and vandalism. I asked the parking attendant and as soon as she saw the ticket, she asked "no front plate?" They mentioned that the police go to that parking lot JUST to give tickets for no front plates.

Pretty pissed off that our police dollars are going to someone dedicated to wandering the airport structure JUST to give no front plate tickets rather than patrolling the structures for vandals and theft.

Well.. just so you all know.. if you have to leave a car at LAX make sure there is a front plate.

EvoPwr
11-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Well.. sadly had to leave the evo at the LAX parking structure for a work trip. When I came back I had a ticket for no front plate. I parked head in, so someone had to be specifically looking for this rather than an officer driving by to look for theft and vandalism. I asked the parking attendant and as soon as she saw the ticket, she asked "no front plate?" They mentioned that the police go to that parking lot JUST to give tickets for no front plates.

Pretty pissed off that our police dollars are going to someone dedicated to wandering the airport structure JUST to give no front plate tickets rather than patrolling the structures for vandals and theft.

Well.. just so you all know.. if you have to leave a car at LAX make sure there is a front plate.

FUCK LA!!!! i hate this city so much, our police dept. has its heads so far up their asses they are looking out of their mouths. seriously, we all need to forget about terrorists and watch out for those crazy ass cars with no front plate. seriously FUCK LA!

speedracer2169
11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Hawthorne police did the same shit to my sister's car. Her car was parked in our driveway head and the only way he could see it is if he got his fat ass out of the car, opened the gate and walked to the front. I took him to court for that shit and got it dismissed

EvoPwr
11-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Hawthorne police did the same shit to my sister's car. Her car was parked in our driveway head and the only way he could see it is if he got his fat ass out of the car, opened the gate and walked to the front. I took him to court for that shit and got it dismissed

you cant be serious, he went onto private property without probable cause...I would have made some major $$$ off of that.

escabar
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
I got warned in my other car for no front plates @ LAX...expect LAX cops to be giving tickets...don't drive there w/o front plates!!!

CHIGGA73
11-11-2005, 12:26 PM
how'd you get it dismissed? *private property? *
for my information so i know how to get out of the ticket.

is it only a fix-it ticket?

Ryukyu
11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I thought everyone accepted the fact that you can get a ticket when you have no front plate.

The trade off is your car looks alot better than mine because I chose to mount the stupid bracket and front plate.

But dont expect me to feel sorry for you when you get a ticket.

EvoPwr
11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
I thought everyone accepted the fact that you can get a ticket when you have no front plate.

The trade off is your car looks alot better than mine because I chose to mount the stupid bracket and front plate.

We are talking about a car in a driveway gated in. Not someone driving around the streets. completely different.

thetaxguy
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
I saw police doing the same thing at the block the other day. Except they were looking for license plates and/or registration.

itsnino
11-11-2005, 12:52 PM
what an anal mofo. i guess krispy kreme was closed that day... i give credit to cops for their job but a license plate ticket is just lame.

speedracer2169
11-11-2005, 12:54 PM
you know to think of it woth all the terrorist crap going on I could see why they are issuing tickets at the airport. I remember when they wouldn't let people with front window tint inside that airport because they can't see what's going on and the fact that if you have a car that's sits in a lot for days can make someone think that there could be something inside and to have one plate could give the reason that the plates were swicthed. I don't know but it could be some stupid theory

itsnino
11-11-2005, 01:04 PM
you know to think of it woth all the terrorist crap going on I could see why they are issuing tickets at the airport. I remember when they wouldn't let people with front window tint inside that airport because they can't see what's going on and the fact that if you have a car that's sits in a lot for days can make someone think that there could be something inside and to have one plate could give the reason that the plates were swicthed. I don't know but it could be some stupid theory

well, got me switched. my bad oinkers. hahaha

k2da_izo
11-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I'd have to agree with EvoPwr on this issue. *I mean, c'mon. *Why the fuck would a pig get out of his vehicle, enter a private residence and actually give a citation? *And for the pigs at LAX? *Look for bombs, not missing front plates! *Southern Cali has some of the most strict vehicle codes and quite frankly, most of them are bullshit. *Too bad I have to live with it because I like living down here. *I drive with no front plate and so far, I'm lucky. *Many a times, I've driven behind the 5-0s and overtook them on the road without any harassment. *The cops who cited you guys must have been demoted from a higher rank. *Maybe they're looking for something to do. :roll: *Time to *:knuppel2: on a *:police:

Blak94GSX
11-11-2005, 04:24 PM
LAX and ONT and several cities cite for a few common violations as a form of revenue generation. It really isn't a safety issue, but they have to cover the costs for the increased police presence, so they target certain violations. They try to pick things that are common and not serious enough that people will challenge them too often. No front plate, window tint, modified exhaust, expired registration, illegal lights, these are very common and easy for cops to spot and cite for. If everyone challenged their tickets it would cripple the legal system and cost the city more money than they would get from the fines.

donatevo
11-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I agree, LAX is strict with front plates and registration tags.

ap-evo83
11-11-2005, 08:32 PM
i got a ticket there too. i paid 19 bucks for the fix it ticket.

genrec
11-11-2005, 09:51 PM
yah you got the ticket, because its known al queda uses no license plates on all their evos backeast for suicide bombings...they were trying to deter from detenating yourself..they saved the day..yahhh

pangaroo
11-11-2005, 10:32 PM

I completely accept the fact , if I was on the road or even parked in the street where it is visible .. I actually expected to get one ticket eventually then I'd put it back on. It was my choice and I'll live with it.

I'm just pissed that they have cops whose sole job at LAX is to look for cars without front plates. Once again they had to walk around the car and look for it, it wasn't in plain view. This has ZERO to do with safety or public interest.

And damn... I really hoped you would have felt sorry for me thats the whole reason I posted...

No one here expects you to feel sorry for them. I just posted to give a heads up to other members here to becareful in that area and also to do a little venting.

I really dont understand why people jump onto peoples posts just to be a prick...nothing personal dude.. but why post if you have nothing constructive to say. Public forum and all..so I guess you have the right to say what you want.

evo8868
11-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I just got a ticket there 4 days ago and my car was parked there for half an hour. Just bad luck I guess. I still have to pay the $25 ticket. LAX is the only place I got pulled over for my exhaust also in the 17 months that I've had my car.

Ricardon
11-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok ok ok. Let's look at some things here. If that whole deal where the officer had to actually open the gate to your property to cite your sister for no front plae is true...that's complete bullshit. I'd be pissed off to no end, and that's unacceptable. There is no excuse for that, and the officer should at least be called out for this nonsense.

However,

I need you guys to stop your bitching about this. Every single one of you that doesn't have a front plate on your vehicle answer me this one question. In the state of California, is it required that a vehicle have a plate on BOTH the front and rear of the car?

It's the law guys

Shut up and put your front plates on......PERIOD.

Spaceman Spiff
12-01-2005, 06:01 PM
My front plate got torn off by a carwash the first week I owned the car. In any case, I also got a ticket for it at the LAX parking structure last christmas. I too was parked nose in BETWEEN TWO COLUMNS! Oh well, from now on, I'm bringing zipties and scissors with me to LAX. ziptie the plate on when I park, cut it off when I get home. :twisted:

7m6m4
02-07-2006, 07:56 PM
lax sux