PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, future Evo owner here.......HOPEFULLY.

Rod_stiffington
11-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Well first off let me introduce myself since I'm a noob on this great site O0. I've been dropping in from time to time as a guest reading a couple of threads on here. I've learned so much thanks to this site. I have a couple of questions regarding on purchasing an evo IX. First question, Will giving like 6g's down be a decent down payment? Does having a great credit score help out on having lower monthly payments? (my score is about 690 right now). What is the average monthly payment on an evo? I would like to know all of these things so that way I'll know if the evo would be the car for me... financially. Thanks everyone.

CHIGGA73
11-11-2005, 07:23 PM
just got mine as well. i put 5g's down. payment for you should be $440-520 ish depending on how many years you want it. and yes... credit will help. but not a huge deal. if you want a lower payment and the longer the loan, the higher the interest rate and vice versa.
take the plung. i love my EVO. it does take a bit to maintain the car too. (plus the upgrade bug will hit).

Rod_stiffington
11-11-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was expecting payments to be around the 450 mark maybe higher. Sounds good to me. CHIGGA73 I noticed you have 2 civics how does it compare to owning an evo? I know its a stupid question, but give me an idea how fast the evo acclerates. I've never rode inside of an evo so I dont know the feeling. I rode inside a srt-4 and I thought that car was fast.

CHIGGA73
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
well it is nothing compared to the civics. my ex has some mods. the EVO completeley dominates any stock vehicle around the price. i did have to get used to the turbo kicking in @3500 rpm. i've driven some saab turbos and some audi turbos but this is completely different. they were running @8-12 psi. the 19 psi of the EVO is a kick in the pants and will scare you if you aren't ready. it is actually fun having a 4 wheel vehicle that can pass everyone on the on-ramps and straight-aways.
after a while i got used to toning it down and just riding comfortably. in the lower rpms, it feels normal (like a normal sporty sedan) and you can drive it without revving it like crazy (to save gas) but the power is always there and soooooo much fun.
handling is great. i ride sport bikes and love riding in the canyons. the evo can hold it's own and is very easy to drive.
good luck and you won't regret it.