PDA

View Full Version : Spotted a Z06

Coolguy949
11-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Spotted it on the way to work. Wish I had the money to get one...

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/nov11_002.jpg

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/nov11_005.jpg

Orbit
11-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Me too! Saw a brand-new red Z06 on the 118 in Simi Valley yesterday. I wasn't even driving my Evo and he got all feisty - damn pushrod engines with over 500hp!

Coolguy949
11-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Just built one online and it came out to $70,300. :(

http://www.chevrolet.com/i/06/pic/corvette/photogallery/popup_ext_gallery01.jpg

genrec
11-11-2005, 11:08 PM
id rather have your evo rob... O0

Orbit
11-11-2005, 11:30 PM
Nice! For $70K you could more than likely find a nice used 996 911 AWD Turbo w/400+hp - that's still probably faster from point A to B. Z06 will win in straight line, but 500hp w/rwd is probably a handfull in the canyons. Most mags are comparing the Z06 to Viper Coupe in their Dec. '05 issues and most mention that Z06 gets loose, may bite, and they all seem to leave the stability control in "competition" mode - basically allows side-ways action - but just not too far -- off the road that is! My $70K would buy a nice new 997 Porsche Carrera 4S - what's another $10K when you're already spending $70K? AWD forever!
We all can dream a little...Lotto numbers where are you?? I need the Mega Lotto jackpot to pay for all the cars I want to buy - who needs a house, just a huge garage filled with fast cars!

apexstrafer
11-12-2005, 12:03 AM
rob, from what i hear, your evo would be more than a match for a z06.

Macky
11-12-2005, 09:06 AM
they are selling one at the chevy dealer down the street where i live. awesome looking piece of hardware.

hksevo8
11-12-2005, 11:44 AM
It's pretty funny that this was just posted yesterday. There was a silver one on the freeway when I was going home last night. He got off at Crown Valley parkway with me, but kept on going when I had to turn up Golden Lantern. Nice car.

gofaster87
11-12-2005, 01:27 PM
And with my 70k my Evo would kill a 996, whats your point?
You buy a vette to own a vette. It looks good, has power and is easy to upgrade from the point its at now. Just the other day I showed a gt2 who had the bigger balls. He was not happy.

Nice!* For $70K you could more than likely find a nice used 996 911 AWD Turbo w/400+hp - that's still probably faster from point A to B.* Z06 will win in straight line, but 500hp w/rwd is probably a handfull in the canyons.* Most mags are comparing the Z06 to Viper Coupe in their Dec. '05 issues and most mention that Z06 gets loose, may bite, and they all seem to leave the stability control in "competition" mode - basically allows side-ways action - but just not too far -- off the road that is!* My $70K would buy a nice new 997 Porsche Carrera 4S - what's another $10K when you're already spending $70K?* *AWD forever!
We all can dream a little...Lotto numbers where are you??* I need the Mega Lotto jackpot to pay for all the cars I want to buy - who needs a house, just a huge garage filled with fast cars!

EvoPwr
11-12-2005, 02:56 PM
You buy a vette to own a vette. It looks good, has power and is easy to upgrade from the point its at now. Just the other day I showed a gt2 who had the bigger balls. He was not happy.

Nice! For $70K you could more than likely find a nice used 996 911 AWD Turbo w/400+hp - that's still probably faster from point A to B. Z06 will win in straight line, but 500hp w/rwd is probably a handfull in the canyons. Most mags are comparing the Z06 to Viper Coupe in their Dec. '05 issues and most mention that Z06 gets loose, may bite, and they all seem to leave the stability control in "competition" mode - basically allows side-ways action - but just not too far -- off the road that is! My $70K would buy a nice new 997 Porsche Carrera 4S - what's another $10K when you're already spending $70K? AWD forever!
We all can dream a little...Lotto numbers where are you?? I need the Mega Lotto jackpot to pay for all the cars I want to buy - who needs a house, just a huge garage filled with fast cars!

:2funny:

Chris in SD
11-12-2005, 03:39 PM
On my drive out to VA, I had to drive past the Corvette factory... I ended up seeing about 4 trailer-loads of Z06s in all colors, not to mention 2-3 on the road. It's pretty impressive, but up close you see where some money was saved. It's a shame the Chevy cannot help but cut corners on all of their products. As much as I admire the specs, etc., I cannot and will not ever be able to be a "Corvette guy". My penis is too big to fit in the door - after all, anything over 3" and you don't need a Corvette. ;)

kipper215
11-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Nice!* For $70K you could more than likely find a nice used 996 911 AWD Turbo w/400+hp - that's still probably faster from point A to B.* Z06 will win in straight line, but 500hp w/rwd is probably a handfull in the canyons.* Most mags are comparing the Z06 to Viper Coupe in their Dec. '05 issues and most mention that Z06 gets loose, may bite, and they all seem to leave the stability control in "competition" mode - basically allows side-ways action - but just not too far -- off the road that is!* My $70K would buy a nice new 997 Porsche Carrera 4S - what's another $10K when you're already spending $70K?* *AWD forever!
We all can dream a little...Lotto numbers where are you??* I need the Mega Lotto jackpot to pay for all the cars I want to buy - who needs a house, just a huge garage filled with fast cars!

+1 :2funny: :2funny:

kipper215
11-12-2005, 04:25 PM
It's a nice looking car from the out side. great engine. i'm just not a vette guy. i sat in the new Z06 at an auto show and the seat felt like shit. visability was not great but, it still a great car. I would never trade my evo for one. I can spend 6K and be just as quick but, have room for 5 O0

gofaster87
11-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Bah, Chris you know you would drive a 63 split window or a late 50s convertible vette.

On my drive out to VA, I had to drive past the Corvette factory... I ended up seeing about 4 trailer-loads of Z06s in all colors, not to mention 2-3 on the road.* *It's pretty impressive, but up close you see where some money was saved.* It's a shame the Chevy cannot help but cut corners on all of their products.* As much as I admire the specs, etc., I cannot and will not ever be able to be a "Corvette guy".* My penis is too big to fit in the door - after all, anything over 3" and you don't need a Corvette.* *;)

Chris in SD
11-13-2005, 12:46 AM
'63 split window would be sexy... esp. in that mist green metallic color or that light blue metallic.

I watched a show on Speed Channel not long after posting that was a Z06 "test drive" with Tommy Kendall. The car is still badass, but I couldn't drive one. Just like I'll never drive a BMW - too much "penis" factor. Of course that means Bevo would seek out a Vette... ;)

GokuSSJ4
11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
if its something older, IMO shelby cobra :smitten:

*chris*
11-13-2005, 07:51 PM
^^^ theres a guy in the lakes area thats got a shelby cobra. blue w/white stripes and the 427. *drool* my friends dad has worked on it a few times and im trying to get out there with him sometime so i can drool over it for awhile.

rammsteinmatt
11-13-2005, 09:00 PM
if its something older, IMO shelby cobra :smitten:

except a real 427 AC cobra isnt even close to costing 75k (maybe missing the engine with significant body damage it is)

hell, even the replica cobra that is at the end of C&D, factory five racing, is like 20k sans the engine/drive train. a 427 + tranny would set you back a pretty penny. for a ricer cobra, if you will