PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump nightmare

slow_evo
11-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Ok....I tried installing a walbro pump last night and it didn't work. My car would crank and crank but it wouldn't start. So I decided to jus put the stock one back in. Same exact thing is happening. All the lines are how they should be and I'm 99% sure I put the pump in right. *I also disconnected the supply line and hit the key and fuel squirted out. But when I disconnected the return line there was no suction or fuel coming out of it. I checked all fuses and everything looks good. I think I've taken this thing out and put it back in about 7 times now. *Any ideas?

rammsteinmatt
11-15-2005, 03:06 PM
is the harness plugged all the way into the pump? wouldnt be the first time an evo didnt start because the fuel pump didnt get any electricity

Blaze
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
There is a small white clip that clips around the larger of the two nipples on the pump.

Make certain that is present and tightly connected.

slow_evo
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
You mean the white plastic O-ring looking thing?

slow_evo
11-15-2005, 03:13 PM
is the harness plugged all the way into the pump?* wouldnt be the first time an evo didnt start because the fuel pump didnt get any electricity

Yeah, it's all the way in.

Blaze
11-15-2005, 03:15 PM
You mean the white plastic O-ring looking thing?

Yes.

If that isn't there, you may be able to start your car for an instant, it will sputter then die.

Good luck,

Blaze

slow_evo
11-15-2005, 03:21 PM
I have it on there but I can slide it up and down barely. Is it supposed to be clicked in the same part that the pump clicks into? I'm talking about the white plastic housing inwhich the pump is connected to. Cuz I tried sliding the O-ring in there but it won't fit.

tommygun
11-15-2005, 03:26 PM
go to evomoto.com and look over their instructions and pictures see if there is anything you might have missed good luck O0

Racing Chick
11-15-2005, 03:43 PM
go to evomoto.com and look over their instructions and pictures see if there is anything you might have missed good luck O0

+1
evomoto.com has great install instructions and pics, I would check them out.

WavMixer
11-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Do you hear the fuel pump running? It could be at least two things.
1 - The fuel pump is not getting any power. Check connection at fuel pump and check the fuse
2 - Fuel pump is running, but not pumping fuel. Check the pick up line is secured and not sucking air.

EVOla_VIRUS
11-16-2005, 10:07 AM
who needs a fuel pump anyways :crazy2:

Coolguy949
11-16-2005, 10:24 AM
sounds like the white plastic peice is missing from the outlet of the fuel pump or the rubber peice that is ribbed.

beavis4g63t
11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
Make sure that you did not pull the actual wiring loose. when you were trying to remove the stock pump did you pull too hard on the wiring? it will become disconnected and the car will not start.