PDA

View Full Version : new nissan?

*chris*
11-17-2005, 05:45 PM
http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11451/normal_DSCF0171a.JPG

apparently nissan is so impressed by mitsubishis lancer evolution they decided to make a variation of it. the nissan lancer evolution. i dont know when it first appeared. maybe the local NAPA salesman could tell me.

i went in to get a universal engine block heater. (since my beloved has to sit outside in sub-arctic temps) anyways, he looked around for about 10min trying to find this damn thing and finally got it. then when im paying for it, the conversation goes like this....
salesman A- what car are you using this on?
me - a lancer evolution.
salesman A- oh ok.
salesman B- whats it going on?
salesman A- a nissan lancer evolution.
salesman B- does that have a metal oil pan?
me - yes.
salesman B- cuz you know some of these new cars have plastic oil pans.
me - no its metal.
salesman B- is it steel or aluminum?
me - does it really matter?
salesman B- well it might not stick as good to the aluminum. steels better for the magnet.
me - ok ...well if it doesnt work youll see me in the next 30min.

it went on for another 5min asking me if i would be leaving it on since some people do. but it depends on if the car sits low. which of course it does and i explained that to him and told him id be removing it before i go down the road. i realize not everyone knows what car this is but i had to hold back from laughing so hard when the guy said NISSAN. :2funny:

silvery_eagle
11-17-2005, 08:09 PM
nice one LMAO...
when will Mitsu get a Mitsubishi Skyline GTR?

SpdyEvo02
11-17-2005, 08:42 PM
thay is pretty funny

Dr. Evo
11-17-2005, 10:14 PM
salesman B- well it might not stick as good to the aluminum. steels better for the magnet.

He said the magnet won't stick * AS GOOD * to aluminum.........

*chris*
11-18-2005, 07:22 AM
nice one LMAO...
when will Mitsu get a Mitsubishi Skyline GTR?

maybe theyre keeping it quiet and will release it stateside just before nissan does. or a little after. who knows ...maybe the mitsu skyline would be cheaper.

dr. evo ...im failing to see your point. not being an ahole, i think its just too early for total brain function.

Dr. Evo
11-18-2005, 08:41 AM
Aluminum is NOT magnetic.

tabio42
11-18-2005, 09:06 AM

He said the magnet won't stick * AS GOOD * to aluminum.........

And OBVIOUSLY what that man said was grammatically incorrect! What a fool! "As good" - someone should learn him some English...
teehee

The Mitsu Skyline is rumored to have the same 'clutchless' manual transmission as the EVO X. Where the computer will control the clutch slave cylinder upone takeoff, gear shifs and any other necessary movements. However MMA will still blame all clutch failures on driver abuse.

*chris*
11-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Aluminum is NOT magnetic.

haha ok, i see it now. i was under the impression that it was PARTIALLY magnetic. i guess im a little -> :idiot2:

GOOSE_Ej
11-19-2005, 02:05 PM
wata hell ahahhaha!!