PDA

View Full Version : Why Must God Spite Me So?

909Evo
11-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I think this evo is cursed, might be time to look for a nine. I was just headed over to a stereo shop, so I'm toodling down the freeway..... all of a sudden WHACK :buck2: I'm like "What the hell was that?!?!?!" So I look all over my window and low and behold I have this!!!!!!!

http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12544/DSC00238.JPG

So in the course of my ownership I have suffered the following, and remember this is on my 2005 8, its like what 4 months old? I have been rear ended, resulting in 2k of damages and a tweaked subframe, I curbed my wheel, and I got a freakin GINORMOUS crack in my window!!!!

I'm gonna torch it and buy a new one.

nothere
11-20-2005, 03:29 PM
makes you think twice about riding a bike without a shield doesn't it?

Macky
11-20-2005, 08:06 PM
that sucks man. good luck.

Tomasu
11-20-2005, 10:29 PM
so how much are u gunna sell it for? haha :buck2: j/k (wishful thinking :-\)

goodluck with whatever you choose to do O0

bogey8
11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
dude, that sucks. Do you know what hit you?

SpdyEvo02
11-20-2005, 10:44 PM
sorry to hear that

EvolvedMCC
11-20-2005, 10:46 PM
wow. i feel your pain, i got my car less than 2 months ago and just 2 weeks ago some fucktard ran over a big sharp piece of metal that pretty much sliced my front bumper in half. words cannot express the anger i had on that day. but then i think "well, it could have been worse." i thought the damn thing took out a headlight and damaged my fender also. just remember, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...

:D

Thero
11-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Same thing happen to me after 4k miles on mine :tickedoff: . Just so you know a brand new windshield is 883.00 Retail. I got lucky and got it for 390.00 :buck2:

909Evo
11-20-2005, 11:11 PM
Same thing happen to me after 4k miles on mine :tickedoff: . Just so you know a brand new windshield is 883.00 Retail. I got lucky and got it for 390.00 :buck2:

Lol telling me its 900 bucks is supposed to make me feel better?!?! I'm calling tomorrow, I'm gonna try to buy it on the sheriff's department account, we get windows for actual cost, I imagine it will be around the 400 you said. I was told that it might be 300, but thats for a standard crown vic window, I'm expecting it to be a little higher.

edit: oh yea, as for what hit me, i'm sure it was a rock thrown up by the SWIFT trucking 18 wheeler that was infront and to the right of me.

Thero
11-20-2005, 11:17 PM

Lol telling me its 900 bucks is supposed to make me feel better?!?! I'm calling tomorrow, I'm gonna try to buy it on the sheriff's department account, we get windows for actual cost, I imagine it will be around the 400 you said. I was told that it might be 300, but thats for a standard crown vic window, I'm expecting it to be a little higher.

edit: oh yea, as for what hit me, i'm sure it was a rock thrown up by the SWIFT trucking 18 wheeler that was infront and to the right of me.

Yeah that is the same as me. except it was a Robertsons 18 wheeler hauling Im gonna say Rocks or Dirt

evomrguy
11-20-2005, 11:18 PM
Because he doesnt like you. ;) J/K Tom, that sucks bro. At least its just a window, the car still runs right?

Ryogo
11-28-2005, 09:24 PM
If the crack isnt too long (like 12-18 inches) you can get the hole on your windshield filled with epoxy for like 20-30bux... happened to me on my old car.
Good luck

Thero
12-15-2005, 10:31 PM
Well I joined you today. Had a truck Nail My Windshield driving downt he 15 south to Murrietta. My Second Windshield in 8 months >:( :knuppel2: :'(

Dagul
12-16-2005, 04:50 AM
It's alright. Shit happens. Take a look at Garry's windshield. If the rock that hit it actually went through the winshield, it would have hit him square in the forehead. Now that would be "god at work." :2funny:

rammsteinmatt
12-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Well I joined you today. Had a truck Nail My Windshield driving downt he 15 south to Murrietta. My Second Windshield in 8 months >:( :knuppel2: :'(

thats what you get for making cracks at my turbo

j/k

Thero
12-16-2005, 12:21 PM

thats what you get for making cracks at my turbo

j/k

Actually it was probley from the Cynder block Crack that I Made :2funny: :'(

Thero
12-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Damn dude, that royally blows! How bad is it this time? Do you actually have to replace the windshield? I think these car's are cursed, I have never had soooo much bad luck in all my car's put together.

I Just got dumped, so i'm thinking we need to have an informal meet or something some time.... I heard shaun talking about strip clubs.... I think that will cheer the both of us up* :D

So you left Fatty? :2funny: J/k

Yeah Its a little Star. I could have it fix real easy but I dont know any places that Fix Windshields instead of Replace. Any Input? Its not cracked which is the good thing. But its right above my line of site infront of me :buck2:

EVOate909
12-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Damn dude, that royally blows! How bad is it this time? Do you actually have to replace the windshield? I think these car's are cursed, I have never had soooo much bad luck in all my car's put together.

I Just got dumped, so i'm thinking we need to have an informal meet or something some time.... I heard shaun talking about strip clubs.... I think that will cheer the both of us up* :D

:-o

Thero
12-16-2005, 07:18 PM

:-o

I Kidd I Kidd. Plus he even said she was fat :2funny:

Evo8you
12-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Some insurance companies fix them for free. just say it came frome a big work truck you were behind.

909Evo
12-20-2005, 08:09 AM
This is getting fucking gay...

Shaun, wanna know why I didn't show up yesterday? Becuase a NAIL THE SIZE OF A SMALL FURRY WOODLAND CREATURE is embedded in my tire, right against the sidewall.... I doubt I'll be able to repair it.

I'm starting to not like this car....

evomrguy
12-22-2005, 12:03 AM
This is getting fucking gay...

Shaun, wanna know why I didn't show up yesterday? Becuase a NAIL THE SIZE OF A SMALL FURRY WOODLAND CREATURE is embedded in my tire, right against the sidewall.... I doubt I'll be able to repair it.

I'm starting to not like this car....

Well thank god you have an excuse cause I was so gonna call you out on not showing up. I mean my god if moogle can make it you better be incapacitated. But Ill accept a large nail, that does suck, expecially witht he price of these tires, Ive already lost one to a nail too. Dude the other day I pulled a pair of pliers out of a tire that some lady in her sienna ran over, it went through the tread in the bottom of the tire and got wedged half way out the sidewall, it was pretty sick. Any who, get your tire fixed cause I expect you there next week. ;)

And me and terrick were talking about a strip club meet some time soon. So since your the newly single one you get to pick the spot. O0

WavMixer
12-22-2005, 10:01 AM
FYI, Conrock concrete company in Irwinadale has their own windshield replacement department because of all the claims they get. If you get your windshield damaged by a Conrock truck, all you have to do is give the license plate number, location and time of day. If this matches their records of where the truck in question was supposed to be, they will replace your windshield free of charge, no questions asked.

rammsteinmatt
12-23-2005, 01:22 PM
FYI, Conrock concrete company in Irwinadale has their own windshield replacement department because of all the claims they get. If you get your windshield damaged by a Conrock truck, all you have to do is give the license plate number, location and time of day. If this matches their records of where the truck in question was supposed to be, they will replace your windshield free of charge, no questions asked.

thats a nice little piece of ammunition right there. wonder if i can get my subframe and lower arm bars replaced because "a rock that fell off their truck" ;) probably not though

Thero
12-23-2005, 01:43 PM

thats a nice little piece of ammunition right there.* wonder if i can get my subframe and lower arm bars replaced because "a rock that fell off their truck"* ;)* probably not though

LOL That would be funny if it came through

"yeah this big rock that fell from one of your trucks tore apart my car under it."

"It Did?"

"Yeah it was the size of a Cynder block." O0

rammsteinmatt
12-23-2005, 02:28 PM
exactly like that O0

Thero
12-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey anyone out here by me. Their are two places near by that fix started windshields. I might just go take a look and see if they can fix mine. If I do ill post prices just for a referrance. O0

CACalomino
12-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I feel your pain on my 03 I lost two front winshields in a two week span. Oh and now on my 05 on the way to TT I got a nice star in my 3month old 05 :tickedoff:. I know a real good autoglass place they did both my windshields and they have good price's and they can come to u or u can go to them and they dont use shitty knock offs they use a company that makes a perfect duplicate of the OEM minus teh :mitsu: stamp in the corner everyhitngels looks the same Its called Autoglass America they are in the Riverside autocenter (951) 687-7040

-Chris

Thero
12-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Well Update Got my Windshield Fixed. The guy charged $40.00 and said that he can fix cracked ones up to 18 Inchs.

If anyone wants to come down and check him out let me know. Its in Lake Elsinore O0

CACalomino
12-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Well Update Got my Windshield Fixed. The guy charged $40.00 and said that he can fix cracked ones up to 18 Inchs.

If anyone wants to come down and check him out let me know. Its in Lake Elsinore O0

Do u have a # or address I want to get my crack fixed

-Chris

Thero
12-31-2005, 12:01 AM
No I dont but If you know Lake Elsinore well its off of grand ave near Rogers Mini Market near where Hwy 74(Orgtega Hwy) Ends at.