PDA

View Full Version : can you f&^%ing believe this!

lockjaw
11-21-2005, 09:27 PM
i had posted a little while back about getting a referee ticket. now i go on the court website and pull up my ticket and it dosent say anything about referee ticket. i am now being charged with passing a street car at unsafe speed. what the fuck is this. what the hell do i do now. what the hell is a street car? please help. i am gonna grow my hair to pull it out.

paulie

*edit by mod

909Evo
11-22-2005, 12:05 AM
i had posted a little while back about getting a referee ticket. now i go on the court website and pull up my ticket and it dosent say anything about referee ticket. i am now being charged with passing a street car at unsafe speed. what the fuck is this. what the hell do i do now. what the hell is a street car? please help. i am gonna grow my hair to pull it out.

paulie

Find the actual VC that you broke, then pull it up on the web. Where you actually doing that, exactly what is listed on the VC? If so, you might wanna do a trial by declaration, you can also call down to the station, ask to speak the officer or sergeant and have them refresh your memory. Be real cool though, if the cop thinks you did it, there is no changing that. Instead explain to him that there where other circumstances, reasons why you did it, or you didn't know it was illegal. Tell him you learned your lesson, won't do it again.

Or get a lawyer.

drmosh
11-22-2005, 12:14 AM
Sometimes the records database gets all crosswired... check your original ticket.

lockjaw
11-22-2005, 12:25 AM
what happened was i got poped in ontario raid. was lookin for a friend that broke down around there and got caught on the wrong street at the wrong time. i dont even know what a street car is. my ticket says smog mods so i have no idea. maybe the cop wrote the wrong vc number? my luck. but if what im being charged with isnt any points which i doubt, i will just take that.

Ricardon
11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Sometimes the records database gets all crosswired... check your original ticket.

This might just be the case...a simple screw up or a missed key stroke. *The ticket may have been entered improperly or the officer might have listed the wrong violation (this one would actually be to your benefit). *People always assume that the courts or police departments are infallable, when in fact the people that work for these organizations pull 9-5 just like the rest of us. *My little incident in HB with the drifting and the gun and the jail and all that madness is a perfect example. *We were arrested for "street racing", cars impounded, tossed in jail the whole works. *We get out, get a lawyer, the case is dismissed because it was total bullshit in the first place yadda yadda. *A month or so later I get a letter from the DMV that my license is going to be suspended for a YEAR!! *WTF right? *I made a phone call to the DMV...they never received the proper documents from the court, and they put 2 violations (speeding, and a wreckless driving MISDEMEANOR) on my record. *Long story short, I made the necessary phone calls, the documents were sent, and the violations were removed yay. *Point is that people just make mistakes sometime. *Maybe the person that entered the ticket into the database didn't have any coffee that morning etc... *So, before you get all worked up about it and cause yourself any extra drama, check it out...might just be a mistake like that.

lockjaw
11-22-2005, 12:28 AM

This might just be the case...a simple screw up or a missed key stroke. *The ticket may have been entered improperly or the officer might have listed the wrong violation (this one would actually be to your benefit). *People always assume that the courts or police departments are infallable, when in fact the people that work for these organizations pull 9-5 just like the rest of us. *My little incident in HB with the drifting and the gun and the jail and all that madness is a perfect example. *We were arrested for "street racing", cars impounded, tossed in jail the whole works. *We get out, get a lawyer, the case is dismissed because it was total bullshit in the first place yadda yadda. *A month or so later I get a letter from the DMV that my license is going to be suspended for a YEAR!! *WTF right? *I made a phone call to the DMV...they never received the proper documents from the court, and they put 2 violations (speeding, and a wreckless driving MISDEMEANOR) on my record. *Long story short, I made the necessary phone calls, the documents were sent, and the violations were removed yay. *Point is that people just make mistakes sometime. *Maybe the person that entered the ticket into the database didn't have any coffee that morning etc... *So, before you get all worked up about it and cause yourself any extra drama, check it out...might just be a mistake like that.

thanks for the help O0

Blak94GSX
11-22-2005, 02:41 AM
What is the VC on the ticket?

27000 series is illegal mods. 27150 is exhaust, 27156 is smog stuff

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vcpdf/appendices/lol.pdf

kimletrim
11-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Yeah. fight it regardless of what the charges are.

gen4k20a2
11-22-2005, 10:58 AM
check your ticket....he cant add charges without you there to sign the ticket. when you sign the ticket youre telling them youll come to court or pay the fine in lieu of going to jail right then and there.

kimletrim
11-22-2005, 12:43 PM
check your ticket....he cant add charges without you there to sign the ticket. when you sign the ticket youre telling them youll come to court or pay the fine in lieu of going to jail right then and there.

Not true. they can add additional charges as long as there are certain facts to support those charges. It is called amending the complaint to add additional charges. Very common.