PDA

View Full Version : EVO X with 5-Speed Manual

Richard EVO
11-28-2005, 07:03 PM
According to the Nov. 28, 2005 issue of AutoWeek, the EVO X will be available with with either the DSG (clutchless) transmission, or 5-speed manual with clutch pedal, and that the information comes from Mitsubishi Motors. Great news for traditional sports car enthusiasts, since original reports only talked about DSG.

Now if they can just keep the weight down . . .

silvery_eagle
11-28-2005, 07:31 PM
so... bye bye 6 speed for MR?

Macky
11-28-2005, 07:42 PM
it was bye bye MR last model year.

apexstrafer
11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
see "future evo models".

rammsteinmatt
11-29-2005, 01:04 AM
the semi auto/clutchless boxes are nice. but you think current evo clutch wear is bad..........

example: on the ferrari 360 challange stradale there is a launch contorl button. essentially you push this button and the car's computer figures out the most optimum RPM to "drop the clutch". this produces amazing launches, but the clutch can only take about 5 of these launches before having to be replaced. (and ferrari clutches make evo ones look like pocket change)

next example: the ferrari 430 gets a launch control button, but NTSB and/or DOT decided that it is not necessary to accelerate that fast on the street, therefore US F430's dont have LC.

so you know some things to think about for people that think its a good idea, but plan to daily on it.....if we even get that option

hey, maybe we'll get SAYC too :roll:

Dr. Evo
11-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Well, just don't launch every time you leave a stoplight and you will be ok ;) . Also, the Ferrarri's make a little more power then the Evo. I personally am very excited about the DSG, I really enjoy driving the new M3 SMG, something a little different, you know? If all works out, I will have my 03 paid off when the X comes out, and be able to own both.