PDA

View Full Version : got a ticket at out of town...

silvery_eagle
11-30-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi,
talk about bad luck... right on the thanks giving day i got 80 on 65 ticket at north cali. my question is that would it be possible to request a change of the court to somewhere nearby? would this increase my chance of getting the ticket dropped?

ultraflip
11-30-2005, 10:40 AM
wont increase chances of dropping ticket.,.

apexstrafer
11-30-2005, 11:17 AM
getting it switched to another court won't do anything for you. just do a trial by declaration.

rammsteinmatt
11-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Hi,
talk about bad luck... right on the thanks giving day i got 80 on 65 ticket at north cali. my question is that would it be possible to request a change of the court to somewhere nearby? would this increase my chance of getting the ticket dropped?

if you get the ticket changed to a different court, then there is an increased chance the officer won't show due to driving distance. if he doesnt show, you're off. so it kinda could help, if its really far, and the department allows you to change to location

otherwise TBD

silvery_eagle
11-30-2005, 11:30 AM
yea it's like 6 hours drive... i think it's far enough... i'll try that and let you guys know

WavMixer
11-30-2005, 11:33 AM
This is called requesting a change of venue. I have done this before and won by default when the cop did not show.

silvery_eagle
12-15-2005, 01:25 PM
sorry to revive this up again but is there a number that i can call to do this "change of venue" thing?
thanks,

WavMixer
12-15-2005, 10:30 PM
sorry to revive this up again but is there a number that i can call to do this "change of venue" thing?
thanks,

You have to go to the court where the ticket shows you to appear. Go the the court clerk to request a change of venue.