PDA

View Full Version : Damn it Xbox360 Down (update 4/11/07)

Thero
11-30-2005, 01:52 PM
Well I finally beat the Story Mode on Need For Speed Most Wanted and after it saves.........FREEZE. Went to play again 10 mins later FREEZE. Damn it now I have to ship it back to Microsoft and have them replace it. Anyone else have this problem yet? They are shipping me a Overnight box so I can overnight my xbox to them and then they said they would overnight it back to me or a new one in 1 to 2 weeks. :'( :tickedoff:

Damn it Died again today. 1yr later and of coarse 1 day out of warrenty :( . 139.00 and hopefully it comes back in the time its suppose to be.

Skiracer
11-30-2005, 01:58 PM
By Jonathan Thaw
Nov. 25 (Bloomberg) -- Microsoft Corp., the world's biggest
software maker, said it has received ``isolated'' reports of
glitches with its Xbox 360 video-game console from consumers in
the first days after the model went on sale.
The reports represent ``a very small fraction'' of the Xbox
machines sold, Microsoft spokeswoman Molly O'Donnell said today
in a statement sent by e-mail. Users complained on Web sites
including xbox-scene.com and teamxbox.com that games stopped
during play and the machines unexpectedly turned off.
Microsoft expects to sell as many as 3 million Xbox 360s in
the next three months as the company battles No. 1 Sony Corp.,
which won't release its PlayStation 3 machine until next year.
Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft in February offered to
replace power cords for about 70 percent of the original Xbox
consoles after reports of fires caused by electrical component
failures. The Xbox 360 went on sale Nov. 22.
problems are getting their issues resolved quickly,'' O'Donnell
said in the e-mail. In a poll of 557 users on teamxbox.com, 16
percent reported problems with their machines.
Shares of Microsoft fell 16 cents to $27.76 at 1 p.m. New
York time in Nasdaq Stock Market composite trading. They have
risen 3.9 percent this year.
The Xbox 360 contains 1,700 parts and is available in two
versions: a basic model for $299 and a $399 version with a hard
drive and a wireless controller. The machine goes on sale in
Europe on Dec. 2 and Japan on Dec. 10.
The console sold out in stores and at Internet sites in the
hours after its release. Four Xbox packages offered on
walmart.com were unavailable and Amazon.com's site says the
machines are out of stock. The Xbox was sold out at 16 stores
contacted by Bloomberg News on Nov. 22, including outlets
operated by Best Buy Co., Circuit City Stores Inc. and GameStop
Corp. in 10 cities including New York, San Francisco and Chicago.
Consumers today bid as much as $660 on EBay Inc., the
world's largest online auctioneer, for the basic Xbox, more than
double the retail price of $299.

Thero
11-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Not a very small fraction anymore :2funny: Thanks for posting that though. But I like the fact that the support center has Some to replace the glitched ones but the stores dont have any to sell

hksevo8
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
I think you should take it as a sign the your EVO misses being driven. maybe you should spend a little less time playing video games and more time outside in the real world.

J/K

Sucks you have to send it back.

Dmoney
11-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Well I finally beat the Story Mode on Need For Speed Most Wanted and after it saves.........FREEZE. Went to play again 10 mins later FREEZE. Damn it now I have to ship it back to Microsoft and have them replace it. Anyone else have this problem yet? They are shipping me a Overnight box so I can overnight my xbox to them and then they said they would overnight it back to me or a new one in 1 to 2 weeks. :'( :tickedoff:

at least you have one Thero!! you have to wait 1-2 weeks.... I have to wait till Feb. LOL

ultraflip
11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
and pretty soon i'll be able to play my video games in my evo.. muahaha

Thero
11-30-2005, 02:25 PM
I think you should take it as a sign the your EVO misses being driven.* maybe you should spend a little less time playing video games and more time outside in the real world.

J/K

Sucks you have to send it back.

I drive the evo. at least 3 to 4 times a week. But she is pissed that I haven't been putting any mods on her since I bought the 360 :2funny: O0

tontonh09
11-30-2005, 03:03 PM
they gonna release xbox 360 this dec. no exact date but maybe 2nd week

SpdyEvo02
11-30-2005, 03:04 PM
i have had no glitches with mine so i guess i got a good one *knock on wood*

SpdyEvo02
11-30-2005, 03:05 PM
they gonna release xbox 360 this dec. no exact date but maybe 2nd week

it is already out and sold out

tontonh09
11-30-2005, 03:09 PM
i mean another shipment to the store i talked to the guy he works in bestbuy i even called target to ask if they still have return xbox360 they said maybe 2nd week of dec.

SpdyEvo02
11-30-2005, 03:19 PM
my best buy said they arent getting anymore till after christmas

dM
11-30-2005, 03:49 PM
and pretty soon i'll be able to play my video games in my evo.. muahaha

Been there done that. lol :-P

I look at it this way. I can get a Rallycat and downpipe or a xbox360...

Downpipe/cat > 360 :uglystupid2:

*chris*
11-30-2005, 03:53 PM
imagine how fast those things are gonna go out if they get them in BEFORE christmas. itll be another 4hour attack. glad i decided to wait to get one ...there were people campin out at walmart for hours on end. kinda like star wars movie ticket lines. :-P

Thero
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
imagine how fast those things are gonna go out if they get them in BEFORE christmas. itll be another 4hour attack. glad i decided to wait to get one ...there were people campin out at walmart for hours on end. kinda like star wars movie ticket lines.* :-P

That is what it reminded me of when I heard people camped out. I on the other hand preordered 2 months ago with gamestop so i didn't have to go through that.

Also just some news that I heard about how bad our society really is(i dont have links to the articles but yeah this is crazy)

This is when its just really sad that they have to do this:

2 men hold up a Best buy on the east coast and steal 2 xbox360s at gunpoint

1 woman that waited in line for 12 hours picked up her grandsons christmas present which was a Xbox360 was followed homed and robbed at gun point for it.

Pretty sad if you ask me >:( :idiot2: :knuppel2:

SpdyEvo02
11-30-2005, 05:21 PM
there was a riot a best buy...i think i mission viejo or costa mesa and they all went to jail and did not get a xbox 360

EvoPwr
11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
thats why you don't buy microsoft....should have waited for sony ;)

*chris*
11-30-2005, 05:45 PM
there was a riot a best buy...i think i mission viejo or costa mesa and they all went to jail and did not get a xbox 360

That is what it reminded me of when I heard people camped out. I on the other hand preordered 2 months ago with gamestop so i didn't have to go through that.

Also just some news that I heard about how bad our society really is(i dont have links to the articles but yeah this is crazy)

This is when its just really sad that they have to do this:

2 men hold up a Best buy on east coast and still 2 xbox360s at gunpoint

1 woman that waited in line for 12 hours picked up her grandsons christmas present which was a Xbox360 was followed homed and robbed at gun point for it.

Pretty sad if you ask me >:( :idiot2: :knuppel2:

thats pretty pathetic ...if someones that hard up for a damn game console, i think its safe to say that theyll never get laid.

Chris in SD
11-30-2005, 06:52 PM
I think I tried to warn you about the Xbox crashes before...* ;)

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=15033.60

leaveit2bevo
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
ya those 03 evos had a lot of problems that were fixed on the 04 year :buck2:

Stuff
12-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I don't remember where I read it from, but I recall something about the power supply getting too hot was a cause of crashing... is your power supply sitting on the carpet? If so, try putting it someplace where it can get good ventilation...

Thero
12-01-2005, 11:32 AM
I don't remember where I read it from, but I recall something about the power supply getting too hot was a cause of crashing... is your power supply sitting on the carpet?* If so, try putting it someplace where it can get good ventilation...

Na it was sitting on a wood surface. Same with the 360.

Thero
12-05-2005, 01:35 PM
---Update----

Im F***ed. They said they lost my Package :tickedoff:

Guy on the phone just kindof sat their and didn't say anything for a while. Then I said:

Me: So WTF are you going to do about losing my System?

Rep: Um....Let me speak with my Manager.

30mins on hold goes by..........

Rep: Ok Alex Sears

Me: My Last Name isn't Sears Dumb ass (Was funny though :2funny: )

Rep: Ok sorry Alex My Supervisor said to wait 2 days to see if we recover the package and to call back.

Me: Ok what was your supervisors name?

Rep: Well thank you for calling Xbox's Support Center do you have any other questions?

Me: Yeah whats your supervisors name that you spoke with?

Rep: Ok Have a Nice Day :click:

WTF This is now turned into some serious bull shit >:( :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: >:(

ultraflip
12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
call back

Chris in SD
12-05-2005, 07:46 PM
Get a lawyer and have him file a class-action suit against Microsoft. If that happened to you, then I guarantee you aren't the only one. And for those high and mighty out there, this is EXACTLY why lawsuits exist: to correct when someone has been done wrong. This isn't frivolous...

Fucking Microsoft is useless... There is a magazine called InfoWorld and that have a columnist named Cringe - he hates Microsoft. Write him and tell him what happened. It will probably make it into the mag.

Thero
12-21-2005, 12:31 PM
-UPDATE-

12/21/2005: Called Yesterday(12/20/2005) because I have yet to see My 360 come back. I was told at the most a 8 Day Turn around time. It is now 21 days since I have seen my 360. I called and was very nice to the Service Rep who then Connected me to a Supervisor. I LAID INTO HIS ASS about not having it yet. He then begins to tell me that I need to calm down and that I will be getting a call from them in 72 hours (They got till tommorow at 10am as far as I'm concern)

So yeah if anyone on here has problems please ask me what to do before you send it. I'll tell you what you need to look out for O0

cascosblueevo
12-21-2005, 12:33 PM

hahahahha thats hellarious my friend works at best buy very true

GokuSSJ4
12-25-2005, 06:00 PM

this is why you don't buy stuff, when it just come out. It's like the factory uses people who line up all day to be first one to get it as a "TESTER". O0 For me I i boughtmy evo in 04 instead of 03 O0

never had a problem with me previous 03 :P

Thero
12-30-2005, 09:50 AM
-Update 12/30/05 -

Yep thats right I still haven't gotten my 360 back :2funny: Called and they said they still cant seem to find it. Uh I hope the new year is a better one :2funny:

ultraflip
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
you got served bro...

Thero
12-30-2005, 10:01 AM
No shit I'm so rivid right now I would almost buy the ticket to texas to go to the repair facility and start whooping some ass around there. On xbox.com some people are posting they had the most a 3 day turn around time and some in the same boat as me. I already filled a Complaint with the BBB with the Headquarters of Microsoft so that should light a fire under someones ass about it.

ultraflip
12-30-2005, 10:06 AM
bah.. i doubt the complaint would phase them... i remember when i sent off my OG xbox for service.. total transfer took 5 days total... makes it sound like they're putting yours together piece by piece and by hand... :loL:

Thero
12-30-2005, 10:07 AM
bah.. i doubt the complaint would phase them... i remember when i sent off my OG xbox for service.. total transfer took 5 days total... makes it sound like they're putting yours together piece by piece and by hand... :loL:

Yeah but where in Mexico where It originated from :2funny: i kidd I kidd. Its the only thing they cant take from me and thats some humor.

Terry S
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
No shit I'm so rivid right now I would almost buy the ticket to texas to go to the repair facility and start whooping some ass around there. On xbox.com some people are posting they had the most a 3 day turn around time and some in the same boat as me. I already filled a Complaint with the BBB with the Headquarters of Microsoft so that should light a fire under someones ass about it.

livid not rivid. O0

Terry S

Thero
12-30-2005, 10:52 AM

livid not rivid.* O0

Terry S

Ah thank you. Sorry So Rivid that I would buy a ticket to Texas.

Did anyone notice that I was so Pissed that I didn't care about my Spelling? :2funny: O0

Terry S
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM

livid not rivid.* O0

Terry S

Did anyone notice that I was so Pissed that I didn't care about my Spelling? :2funny: O0

Actually, I kinda like rivid. I think i've been playing around on alllooksame.com to much though. :2funny:

Terry S

Thero
12-30-2005, 11:03 AM

livid not rivid.* O0

Terry S

Actually, I kinda like rivid. I think i've been playing around on alllooksame.com to much though.* :2funny:

Terry S

BTW love the Pickach(sp) picture on the left from the saving article that you posted. Made my day better at least :2funny:

Terry S
12-30-2005, 11:27 AM

livid not rivid.* O0

Terry S

Actually, I kinda like rivid. I think i've been playing around on alllooksame.com to much though.* :2funny:

Terry S

BTW love the Pickach(sp) picture on the left from the saving article that you posted. Made my day better at least :2funny:

Pikachu O0 (actual name is North American Pika)

Oh and in an attempt to bring this back on topic, my brother's 360 started having the freezing issue so he sent it back a few weeks ago and already has it back. If you know someone who is a lawyer, have them call the customer support help for you ("hello, i'm mr. so and so calling on behalf of my client Thero. He tells me we're going to sue you for thousands, can I speak to a manager?)

By the way, someone is already sueing over the 360 issues: http://www.technologynews.info/016184.html

Terry S

Terry S

krillin
12-30-2005, 11:47 AM
my gf got me a x360 for xmas. i haven't had any problems with it (YET?) but then again i've only used it for about 45min total. i almost thought about reselling it but i dont think my gf would like that. :P

EvolvedMCC
12-30-2005, 12:20 PM
i've had mine running for 4-5 hours straight with no problems whatsoever....

:D

Thero
12-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Oh the lawer thing would be great. Your brother sounds like he got lucky with the quick return. O0

Thero
12-31-2005, 12:18 AM
Well called back again tonight like I was instructed to. Guy told me that nothing had changed. I told him I was in complete Shock and that I had to go lie down. LOL He thought I was serious to till I told him I was joking(Of coarse if I was serious maybe I would have one again by tommorow lol) But yeah no big shock their. Guy even told me that I should keep calling and bugging them about getting it back. :2funny: Sad when their own employees know whats going on. :tickedoff:

Thero
01-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Update 1/1/06

Called back yet again today. Nothing has changed and that I should try back tuesday or Thursday due to the repair center being closed for newyears

silvery_eagle
01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
call the cops..

Thero
01-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I'm on the phone yet again today. I guess I have been put on the Escalate List(Even though I was told that 3 weeks ago :roll: ) So we'll see.

WhiteEvoRS
01-03-2006, 10:56 AM
damn that sux dude.

Thero
01-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Well they actually sounded as if they were gonna help me today :2funny: Spoke with another supervisor and he told me that they are gonna send a email to the person that put me on this list and find out what the hell is going on (HIS WORDS) Of coarse I have been pumped up like this before so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Terry S
01-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Well they actually sounded as if they were gonna help me today :2funny: Spoke with another supervisor and he told me that they are gonna send a email to the person that put me on this list and find out what the hell is going on (HIS WORDS) Of coarse I have been pumped up like this before so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Just dont get off the phone until they give you a FedEx or UPS tracking number for the package being sent to you with your fixed 360.

Terry S

Thero
01-03-2006, 11:21 AM

Just dont get off the phone until they give you a FedEx or UPS tracking number for the package being sent to you with your fixed 360.

Terry S

Thats gonna be the situation come Thursday and they dont have any new information. The Supervisor gave me his first and last name by mistake so If I hear some bull shit answers come thursday. I'm gonna ask for him so I can give him some Shit O0

Dont Fear the Reaper. Fear Me. (Sorry I'm listing to it right now lol)

Thero
01-16-2006, 11:49 AM
------------Update 1/16/06--------------

Got a call from the Repair Center today stating that my 360 should be here in a couple of hours. Just showed up at the door and well One good thing happen and One Bad Thing:

Bad Thing: I didn't get any cables(Power brick, and TV Connectors)So I called them and ordered those and should be here in 3 to 5 days.

Good Thing: Well Um they said I was going to be compisated with a game but um yeah they sent me two Xbox 360's lol.

Here they are in my room:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/62b11a26.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/Thero2002/419811cb.jpg

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 11:51 AM
holy crap..that is pretty good compenstaion

Thero
01-16-2006, 11:53 AM
holy crap..that is pretty good compenstaion

No shit.

And No I'm not selling it. I am trying to be a nice guy and actually ship it back to them. Only because they said that one serial number is ment for me and the other is ment for someone else so I dont want someone stuck in the same situation that I was in. O0

SpdyEvo02
01-16-2006, 11:55 AM
good for you thero..that is the right thing to do

Thero
01-16-2006, 12:27 PM
:2funny: Just notice my big toe is in the second picture sorry thats the ugly toe of mine :grin:

BOVBILLY
01-16-2006, 12:32 PM
CLEAN THAT FUNGAL SHIT MAN!

Thero
01-16-2006, 12:33 PM

Its not Fungal Billy Damn. Unlike the Fungal paint job on your car :2funny: Its half a nail due to a ingrown toenail.

lol J/k about your paint to. That was the first Evo I ever spotted after I bought mine O0

BOVBILLY
01-16-2006, 12:34 PM

Its not Fungal Billy Damn. Unlike the Fungal paint job on your car :2funny: Its half a nail due to a ingrown toenail.

lol J/k about your paint to. That was the first Evo I ever spotted after I bought mine O0

I SHOULD GET A KICK DOWN FROM THE DEALER, BECAUSE OF ME!

I AM SELLING MY CAR TOO, SHOULD OF ASKED. I WOULD OF SOLD YOU MINE, FOR 30K

Thero
01-16-2006, 12:42 PM

I SHOULD GET A KICK DOWN FROM THE DEALER, BECAUSE OF ME!

I AM SELLING MY CAR TOO, SHOULD OF ASKED.* I WOULD OF SOLD YOU MINE, FOR 30K

Well I got mine new for 31k. Plus I bought mine in April. Were you selling it then?

BOVBILLY
01-16-2006, 12:44 PM
YEP!

BUT, DID YOU GET YOUR CALL LOADED LILKE MINE?

STANDALONE,
RIMS,
SEATS,
STEREO,
ETC...?

Thero
02-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Yep I have all the parts now just realize I didn't update my threed. Been running good since I got it back and I cant complain one bit. Just got done beating COD 2 on Veterain and Condemed(What a Freaky Ass game)

Thero
04-11-2007, 09:18 PM
new info bottom line of first topic :tickedoff:

*chris*
04-12-2007, 06:46 AM
d00d wtf? ...fkn microsoft

Sr20kidD
04-12-2007, 07:06 AM
mine died five months into it. Now Im playing

ebevo
04-12-2007, 07:36 AM

Damn it Died again today. 1yr later and of coarse 1 day out of warrenty :( . 139.00 and hopefully it comes back in the time its suppose to be.

damn microsux hooked you up with time bomb...a software expiration date...what a way to get their $$$ back from the previous warranty work :buck2:

Thero
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
You would think so giving the time that it died on me.

*chris*
04-12-2007, 07:59 AM
yah ...sounds pretty fishy to me. i have to send mine in for the first repair soon.

DTunedEvoX
06-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Digging up an semi old thread -Mine fried last week. Its scheduled to be back by the 28th and so far so good ... Anyone wanna take bets how long till it frys again? I play GoW/Forza 2 extensively lol

Sr20kidD
06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
mine died again 2 nights ago. luckily i got the bestbuy warranty so now im going to upgrade to the elite version :uglystupid2: O0

DTunedEvoX
06-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah its pretty gay .. My warranty w/ Microsoft ends in December so I have until then .. I would of much rather had a ebgames/gamestop warranty so I can just swap it out .. but oh well - theres plenty of people that fix them around here and I'll probably get it modded @ the same time as well ... if they cockblock live then I will just get another 360 as well ... lol

Sr20kidD
06-19-2007, 04:50 PM
i was trying to mod the wii, but in the process messed up the chip, lol. the solder points are small, i will need to buy another wii key mod chip... but ive been putting it off, I aint touching the 360 just yet.

DTunedEvoX
06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
i was trying to mod the wii, but in the process messed up the chip, lol. the solder points are small, i will need to buy another wii key mod chip... but ive been putting it off, I aint touching the 360 just yet.

There is someone (local to me at least) thats on Craigslist that FIXES what you just described lol ... I've seen his work personally - and will use him for mine ...(Wii/Xbox360) ... I'm currently using the R4 for the DSLite that hes selling - I got 3 of em ....

*chris*
06-19-2007, 07:08 PM
but oh well - theres plenty of people that fix them around here and I'll probably get it modded @ the same time as well

whats the cost of such an endeavor d? i dont use live anymore, plus im not about to pay microsoft to fix their own mistake. i may just end up shipping my box out to you if the price is lucritive enough...

DTunedEvoX
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
but oh well - theres plenty of people that fix them around here and I'll probably get it modded @ the same time as well

whats the cost of such an endeavor d? i dont use live anymore, plus im not about to pay microsoft to fix their own mistake. i may just end up shipping my box out to you if the price is lucritive enough...

$10.00 to inspect it. If he can fix it its 79.95, your $10.00 gets applied to it. Thats just to get it to work. Then theres the modchip and install - there are diffy kinds etc ...

*chris*
06-21-2007, 08:00 PM
so 80bucks to fix it huh? nice. whats the various mod chips?

DTunedEvoX
06-22-2007, 06:50 AM
so 80bucks to fix it huh? nice. whats the various mod chips?

PM'd