PDA

View Full Version : Someone please ID these (pics 56K beware)

ebevo
12-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Does anyone know what type of connectors these are exactly?

I want to say t-taps but not quite sure since the ones i've seen online are like twice as big as these

sorry i tried the flash on my digi cam but it sucks...so i just stuck a flashlight :buck2:

#1) http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12881/01.JPG
#2 look for the yellow (bottom of pic) and blue(right of pic)* http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12881/02.JPG
#3 blue one http://socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12881/03.JPG
#4 blue one again http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/12881/04.JPG

thanks

rsmatt
12-05-2005, 12:27 AM
OMG :band: ITS A BOMB.........yea they look like normal splice tee conectors to me. word to the wise though solder them. ive had those go bad or come loose before.

ebevo
12-05-2005, 09:47 AM
the thing is i requested the wires to be soldered and paid extra for this requirement...but now wondering if the install place did a half ass job :'(

so is it safe to say you won't find these on a stock evo from the factory?

also are the wires from the factory solder 100%?

i don't want the install place to say well those are factory tee connectors and not our doing :tickedoff:

what about pics #2-4 are those tee connectors as well...did a google search for tee connectors and they end up showing pics of connector having 3 inputs like a "T" but the pics #2-4 are 2 openings

i want to make sure before i call the install place and raise a fuss for no reason

also there wasn't any confusion if the job requested soldering since the installer said yep that extra time was because of the soldering i did :roll:

and no i haven't done any wiring to my evo before this job

ebevo
12-05-2005, 11:02 AM
bump...need feedback ASAP before I call the shop within the next hour :'(

12-05-2005, 11:07 AM
If those are your ECU wires, no.. there are no taps that come from the factory.

alfredob1
12-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Those look like taps to me also. And the blue one looks like it might be a butt connector.

WavMixer
12-05-2005, 03:36 PM
These are all aftermarket crimped on connectors. If they had been soldered as per your request, they would have covered the solder joints with heat shrink tubing.

ultraflip
12-05-2005, 03:48 PM
i identify these as crappy pictures... and nothing soldered on..

silvery_eagle
12-05-2005, 03:58 PM
need to adjust the focus buddy :)

DTunedEvoX
12-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Yeah turn on the macro function ...

ebevo
12-08-2005, 10:16 PM
thanx everyone for the help on naming that connector and steering me in the right path...so it's butt connectors after all

i know my photo taking skills suck...i just leave the digi cam in auto mode but the flash was making the pictures worse :crazy2:

update so far is the salesperson said bring it and he'll take a look at it and totally remembers me asking this and paying for the solder request...and will make the installer solder it...IF he finds that it the installer jacked up

here's what bugs me...on the day of the install the installer said i couldn't watch him while he worked on my car that gave me a bad feeling...but fair enough i respected that he wanted to feel comfortable while working on my car...so i just chilled out in the front lobby the whole time and periodically poked my head through the window to see what was going on

towards the end of the install i overhead the installer make a smart ass remark on a part that he was installing...this gave me an unease feeling about his work attitude on my car

so here's the question should i even let the salesperson instruct the same installer to redo the job he claims he did in the 1st place...supposely this installer is the most detailed one compared to the rest of the install crew?

i'm seriously thinking about him F'n my car over out of spite for catching his lazy ass mistakes...he did a good job of tucking the wires away, using black electric tape, and zip ties, but just F'd me over on the solder job

i've been thinking of just saying hey refund me the portion for the solder job it was like an $35 extra for this job but i'm still kinda of fumed over how they thought they could pull this crap on me...installer lying to me about how the extra time was spent on soldering and saying that request is rare :roll:

so i would like to hear some advice on what should i do if

A) the sales rep backs the installer up and say nope those connectors are from the factory or someone else did that...so passes the blame on me

B) the sales rep agrees the soldered job never happened and offers to correct the problem but use the same installer

oh ya i paid by credit card* :twisted:

got appointment to go back this saturday >:(

GokuSSJ4
12-09-2005, 10:45 AM
what type of job are you getting done ?
alarm, stereo or AFC ?