PDA

View Full Version : Driving into dips and bumps technique

silvery_eagle
12-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Ok this is forum for Driving techniques so i might just ask this.
how do you guys turn the wheels when you're going to a dip?
There are many real deep ones that will make you hear the scratch sound even stock here in so cal.

apexstrafer
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM

with the steering wheel?

EvoPwr
12-05-2005, 04:19 PM

with the steering wheel?

+1 i use my hands to do this.

silvery_eagle
12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
lol
me and my bad english....

banananut
03-01-2006, 02:46 AM

with the steering wheel?

+1 i use my hands to do this.

+1 Go slow and you shouldn't have problems. Unless your car is lowered then you should angle it. Is your car lowered?

rammsteinmatt
03-01-2006, 08:36 PM
here is what i have observed from my car looking at lowered evos:

get into convoy towards the back.
get stuck at left turn light to enter freeway.
have the lowest person go first (also if they dont know where they're going, thats good too).
take off rather briskly from the light.
lead car goes "oh shit huge dip" immediately braking to almost a stop and turn so you are going the wrong way on the street.
evos behind are waiting at the red for a blast up the onramp.
green light.
take off.
oh shit, first car stopping.
heavy on the brakes.
almost hit the evo infront of you x 5
nearly give bumper damage to 5 evos in a row.

and thats how you go about driving over a deep gutter with a lowered car because blaze's car is 1.5 in off the ground abd i was looking through thte turn, not at the guy in front of me ;)

trinydex
03-02-2006, 12:17 AM
uhm... if you're talkin' about makin' it over speed bumps and drive ways from hell... just take it at the largest angle possible...

if you're talkin' about drivin' hard... try to "anticipate hte understeer" taht you will experience after hitting the bump.

my best advice... get some muellerized goodness and aim for it with your foot down.

apexstrafer
03-02-2006, 02:01 PM
that last tidbit of advice applies to stock suspension also. better to hit a dip or bump on the gas than under braking. much smoother and easier on the car that way.

Skiracer
03-02-2006, 02:02 PM
that last tidbit of advice applies to stock suspension also. better to hit a dip or bump on the gas than under braking. much smoother and easier on the car that way.

So, if i see a speedbump, i should speed up?? :)

C-Spec
03-02-2006, 02:04 PM
commonsense O0

gofaster87
03-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Just drive through the dips. I hate people that drive at a crawl to avoid scraping, for gods sake if its that low theres a problem.

Knower
03-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Just drive through the dips. I hate people that drive at a crawl to avoid scraping, for gods sake if its that low theres a problem.

I go through with my hat turned sideways, gangsta rap blaring, and the spinnah's doing their thing while alternating the gas and the brake to make the car dip and sway to the music.

BLING BLANG!

Ricardon
03-02-2006, 05:40 PM

hitting bumps under braking SUCKS!!! *

Oh and to answer the sarcasm about the speedbump...yeah, I would rather hit the speed bump on the gas at speed than on the brakes at speed.

apexstrafer
03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
as their name applies, I go WFO over speed bumps, every time. minimum 80mph. don't even feel 'em.

Ricardon
03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
as their name applies, I go WFO over speed bumps, every time. minimum 80mph. don't even feel 'em.

BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!

WavMixer
03-04-2006, 03:44 AM

So, if i see a speedbump, i should speed up?? :)
Duh! Why do you think they call them "speed bumps?"

EvolOne
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM

But if you have an EVO IX MR, with the little rubber thingie under the bumper, I've got mine pulling out from the mounting hardware from just a few slight scrapes. Well, a bit more than that. And I always always angle the approach. Still scrapes.

Has anyone bought replacement mounting hardward for the air dam sel that hangs below the from bumper of the MR?

RW

BWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!

jdmstop
05-25-2006, 01:53 AM
sounds like a initial d technique

Miss Evo8
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
If your Muellerized..... Floor it! I went up a driveway in WLA a little too fast at mid turn..... Lifted two tires! :laugh: Railroad tracks...... my favorite!!!.... especially if they have a little incline..... There's some good ones on Beach Blvd .....if you go fast enough you can catch air! The car NEVER bottoms out!

So I heard :roll:

Muellerized PWNZ everyone else!

Miss Evo8
05-26-2006, 10:55 PM
:buck2: ok tell me that when KWs and DMSs have a waiting list and people pissing and moaning for them like Muellers set ups because they have to wait!

Quote from J. Mueller at Porsche Club event back in April..... "Come on lets go make the Hello Kitty car with the 2K suspension beat up on that Evo with the 4K suspension...... "

Result= Muellerized Evo PWNZ "other" Evo
With John driving first....then me later in the day......

Muellerized PWNZ ALL!!!

Yeah I know Shameless Ranting Mueller Whore.......

Miss Evo8
05-26-2006, 11:29 PM
OK....... That was gay! Try typing fast on a sidekick with long nails!

DMS....DSM.....FACT is ....... MUELLERIZED PWNZS EVERYONE!

Miss Evo8
05-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Unless you wear a pink thong my Hello Kitty Evo PWNZ your mustard mobile!

*secret.....to my speed....wearing a pink thong around the racetrack*

itsnino
06-29-2006, 08:28 PM
dips, bumps and pink thongs. whats really going on?

Miss Evo8
06-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah it seems all "crazy" because someone's posts got deleted :buck2:

silvery_eagle
06-30-2006, 11:17 AM
LOL.... who deleted all those threads?