PDA

View Full Version : Help: "Fix It" Ticket

MadStylez
12-06-2005, 03:01 PM
...Okay so i've received the infamous tint ticket awhile back... it was a "FIX-IT" ticket but i did nothing to it (which was dumb of me) because i was told from a few of my military advisors that since i'm in the military with a FLORIDA license plate ( and registered there currently) that i'm exempt from the window tint law here in Cali... so to make a long story short, Count of Fresno (where i got the ticket) has now attached a hefty fine on top of my citation... which i'm trying not to pay it.. so does anyone know the ruling/law of military personnel with an out-of-state registration?...

Edit by Mod: Subject

909Evo
12-06-2005, 06:15 PM
As far as I knew, and I was in the military...... you have to follow local laws. Just because it was legal in florida, doesn't mean its legal here. And breaking the law is breaking the law. You might be able to go a judge and go "look in florida its legal, out here its not, I didn't know that, sorry I will fix it" Who knows, he might let you off nicely.

beavis4g63t
12-06-2005, 07:00 PM
go to night court if you can. i have been told but have not been able to prove that night court judges are not always local judges and are working night court for extra pay. Because of this if you do not bullshit them they usually are more lenient because they are not pressured to generate revenue. many years ago i went to night court for a no proof of insurance ticket. i showed the judge proof of insurance which i had obtained after the infraction (i was a dumb teenager driving without insurance because i was broke.) he said good enough and dismissed the 1400 dollar fine and charged me 20 for a fix it ticket. at the time the law in california stated even if proof was provided it was still a 270 fine. good luck. i doubt a judge is going to throw the book at a member of the armed forces unless you get some neo liberal left wing psycho.

evo_chip
12-06-2005, 08:03 PM
theres a couple of things you can do, one is say that the car is back in florida now, they usually wont ask for proof. I did that a while back also at the fresno court, I was stationed in lemoore at the time and had bought the car from a friend who was from florida, they said it was good enough and charged me $35 dollars. either that or tell them straight up you were miss informed and remove the tint and get it signed off and then tint it again, hope this helps

MadStylez
12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
hmm..thanks for the inputs guys... I've talked to the Fresno Court clerk and she said the best thing to do to settle it, is show up ASAP for it, so i'm probably going to go this Friday to settle it and hopefully have a good outcome, (i.e. me not paying the extra $300.00 fine)