PDA

View Full Version : noobs with a new car...

mister_grey
12-08-2005, 01:25 PM
hi,
i'm well pleased to say that me and the missus picked up a new IX GG MR from huntington beach at the weekend (after reading many reccomendations from this board!) deal went fairly smoothly and we walked out drove out with a shiny new toy :smitten: my thanks to tom,mike and sammy at HB :mitsu:
It's gonna stay stock for a long time while we get used to it ,( it's a pretty different machine than the '72 buick lesabre we've currently got!) i'm quite glad of the run in period so we can get used to it slowly, but it's going to be fun to eventually give it a proper blast!

We moved out to LA just over a year ago from London England , and enjoying every minute of it here. The buick's been fun with the top down cruising , but we decided to get something a little more practical - you know- with proper seatbelts and four doors - and after a great deal of shopping around and head scratching we decided on the evo it just seems to offer a great package of fun and practicality. Being Brits we're born driving stick , but i have to say the six speed in the MR is the nicest i've ever used - Fantastic piece of machinery! Well i guess i dont need to preach to the choir here - suffice to say both of us love driving it.

Hope you dont mind if we lurk about and ask a few noob questions here and there!(i found the search button, so i promise to use it first!)

cheers!
j+k
O0

silvery_eagle
12-08-2005, 02:13 PM
nice...and good choice...
very smart of you to look around these forums first before you make your first purchase.
i couldn't find any of these forums before i bought the car -> got some bad deal + experience with some of the jerk dealers.

good for you ! :)

SpdyEvo02
12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
welcome and congrats

EvolvedMCC
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
congrats! of course back home you guys can get some nice evo's as well, like the FQ series....p.s. i love GG.

:D

j_nizzle
12-08-2005, 06:44 PM
why did you get an evo?!!?!? the lasabre owns!!! LOL welcome.

EvoPwr
12-08-2005, 07:00 PM
welcome! enjoy the car.

Macky
12-08-2005, 08:54 PM
congrats and welcome

inline4g63
12-08-2005, 09:25 PM
shoulda bought the FQ 400 and brought it over with you...

gtkiller
12-11-2005, 03:12 AM
Hi everyone, i'm glad that I found out about this site, its perfect timing cause i just sold my 96 integra today and im about to get an evo IX within the next week or 2. I would of hated shopping around town without knowing anything. So much great info here. If all goes well I hope to join the EVO community very soon:D