PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you????

ozzman628
12-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I was on the 10W a couple weeks ago during heavy traffic and out of nowhere a Civic pulls next to me and starts reving his engine. At first I thought he was just joking around and gave him the casual nod, but then he slowed down to maybe 20 MPH (traffic was about 40) and floored it, then hit his brakes when he got to the car in front of him. After this he flashed his hazard lights. At this point I was amused because I still thought it was a joke, but also annoyed because I was stuck in traffic. He looked like a high school student who must have thought himself a God for having the fastest mode of transportation at his school, being rivaled only by the other cool kid who drove his mom's Cavalier stationwagon. Afterwards he pulled next to me again, we both had our windows down, and was yelling "ohhhh" and again started reving his engine. After about five minutes traffic cleared and I pulled up next to him and then took off, I figured thats what he wanted, and once I was like a football field away I waited for him to catch up, I really had no choice as there was more traffic. Well, once he caught up he got as close as he could to the car in front of him, which was about half a car length in front of me but in the other lane, and again flashed his hazards. It was hilarious because he was actually serious. He again rode next to me and was yelling "you got smoked, by a civic." I figured after the ordeal he probably went on the honda forums and posted that he smoked an Evo. (On a serious note, I take no pride in beating honda's, it's purely entertainment only)
I wanted to know if this has happened to you because my buddy who has a super fast supra had a honda prelude do the same thing to him, in traffic and everything. He said he checked the honda forums and sure enough a prelude owner claimed to have smoked a modded out Supra.

EVOla_VIRUS
12-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Yes....against a 2003? SI. I was at a stop sign when a bunch of his buddies in civics pulled up. He wound up his engine and gives me a dead stare/glaze. I look at him and ask him if he was for real...he says "hundah representin"...light turns and we go. It was like bringing a shotgun to a knife fight. I launched as if I were really dragin against something that needed that kind acceleration.....he then looks at me when he catches up and with mouth gaping then drives off.

ozzman628
12-09-2005, 12:28 PM
Man I bet he was shocked. I love seeing a fellow evo launch. I bet he came up with the old "I could have had him, easy, if I didn't miss second" to tell his friends. Nonetheless he probably went on a honda forum and said he 'almost' beat an Evo.

rino
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
I had a similar experience with a kid in a wrx.

I passed him not thinking anything, he comes fast behind but there was no where to go.

we finally catch a light and i look at him and i start revving. the light turns green he burns his clutch to living hell and i just sit there laughing. i met him at the next light (i could still smell his clutch) i just couldn't stop laughing.. too funny

Skiracer
12-09-2005, 01:11 PM
The Honduh boys like to say, "i could've gotten him on a roll"

EvolvedMCC
12-09-2005, 01:34 PM
happens all the time. i just laugh at them.

Dmoney
12-09-2005, 02:20 PM
http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/hondaownedbytruck.jpg

gofaster87
12-09-2005, 02:33 PM
If that shit happens just drive up to him and ask him if wants to race for a couple grand or slips since his car is so badass. Ive done that a few times and they shut up real quick.

tontonh09
12-09-2005, 03:06 PM
it happend to me midnight i was travelling 405 s going to long beach with my wife and son there's like 10 honda's and integra's just keep following me then one of honda pulled beside me and accelerate his car they just lucky i have my wife and son with me

Dmoney
12-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I know it bugs but its not worth it guys. Just let them think they have a bigger penis because their girlfriends or wife ask everynight if its "in or not".

I get harassed everyday going to work. I work in Santa Ana off Sogerstrom and Fairview. There is so much Rice here that I can make myself a California roll.

If you look in my gallery you will find a beetle with a giant wing on the rear...i see that kind of shit everyday.

So if that shit happens again here is what you do

When the idiot with the honda rolls up, revs, and starts glaring at you...If you have a camera or camera phone...just take a picture of his face when he stares at you...let him race himself to the next light and go about your business....when you get home....photochop something funny next to his face like "I cant get it up sometimes" or "My girlfriend cant feel me...can she borrow yours?" and then post it on the honda forums....and tell them this is the type of members you have on you forums? then just laugh and go to sleep"

tontonh09
12-09-2005, 03:58 PM
+1 LOL.....

j_nizzle
12-09-2005, 04:30 PM
eh i say dont waste your gas on those assholes...some guys i know with s2000's and other various honda show a lot of respect and i cant help but give them the same back because they're true enthusiasts. i live in westminster and for some reason tenzo-r, apc, and matrix are huge companies here! :2funny: i see ricers who think they're the shit all the time. i let them launch their car all over the place thinking their sohc non-vtec motors can be any sort of competition for me. some kids have too much pride when it comes to cars. if they want it that badly, i say to hell with them and let them get ahead. i drive the speed limit and avoid cop trouble.

Dagul
12-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I've had worse....

Some guy in a 2nd gen Integra was behind me revving at me and giving me the death stare through my rear view mirror in line at DRIVETHRU at Jack in the Crack... The guy was dead serious too... These kind of people never seize to amaze (read: humor) me* :2funny:

You know, it's not just honda drivers. Even amongst our ranks of EVO drivers we have jackasses as well. On the flip side, I happen to be driving my wife's car (civic) to the grocery store one day. And this kid in a blue EVO pulled up, launching hard at every other red light we hit. I just ignored him and went about my own business....* :idiot2:

jksc
12-10-2005, 03:43 PM
So I'm driving up the 110N last night at around 1am.* This old Lexus ES (300?) rolls up next to me and hits his hazards on.* Then he drives ahead a little and then slows down and then accelerates hard.* This is all going on with traffic around us.* I didn't even realize he was doing this until maybe the 2nd or 3rd time he did (may have been more, I don't know).

I seriously couldn't stop laughing.* *:2funny:* I kept thinking to myself... it's a freakin Lexus ES???* Isn't that basically a fully-loaded Camry???* *:idiot2:

I've had this happen before (too many times, in fact), but usually it's a riced out civic/prelude/s2000, porsche, STi, or M3.* But a Lexus ES???* What's next... minivans?

ANTHONY
12-10-2005, 04:17 PM
There was like 4 sti fags at the Cerittos meet last night doing the same kind of bullshit!!!

Macky
12-10-2005, 08:19 PM
i try to ignore them. if they still bother me, i flip em the bird and drive off.

NRG
12-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I am sure this kind of stuff happens to everyone....Just today, a RSX was reving and taunting me on the 605S. He kept coming next to me and accelerating and letting go of the gas to let me catch up and repeats.... :idiot2:

Another incident where a S2000 was in my next lane and I happen to pass him and he goes after me. At that point, it was clear ahead and I decided to let her rip and I did and to my surprise, the S2000 hung on my ass like white on rice.... Impressive.

Goes to show that some guys knows what they are going against and they are well prepared...

oct7th1987
12-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Yes....against a 2003? SI. I was at a stop sign when a bunch of his buddies in civics pulled up. He wound up his engine and gives me a dead stare/glaze. I look at him and ask him if he was for real...he says "hundah representin"...light turns and we go. It was like bringing a shotgun to a knife fight. I launched as if I were really dragin against something that needed that kind acceleration.....he then looks at me when he catches up and with mouth gaping then drives off.

stop signs turn green?

they always talk shii.. and i mess with them just for fun. my integ buddy says.. "wait til i get my nitrous hooked up again.. i'll take you then"

evofosizzo
12-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Ive done that a few times and they shut up real quick

haha, shut up REAL QUICK... that was great.

buffpinoy
12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
If you ever come across some retard in a Honda trying to race you in traffic, ignore them and let them crash and burn on their own. I will never risk my life for some moron trying to race me. It's not worth it. We already know what the Evo is capable of.

Thero
12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
I've had this happen before (too many times, in fact), but usually it's a riced out civic/prelude/s2000, porsche, STi, or M3.* But a Lexus ES???* What's next... minivans?

:2funny: I had a Crysler Pacifica Try to Race me on the First Night I brought my Car Home. Now that was some funny ass entertainment right there :2funny:

Ok Since I cant find my original post Ill write it again:

So I'm on my way home from work(About 2 or 3 months ago) Coming down the 15 Freeway South (Coming home from work in Westminster.) So I'm driving minding my own business and this late 80's or so CRX(maybe 90's I dont know never was a honda fan except for dirtbikes) and I hear him reving his car next to me. We are in stop and go traffic since its about 6:00pm or so and I completly Ignore him and let him be a Jack ass like he is. Then I hear him Take off and I hear that all to familar sound of a Pssshhhh. I'm thinking wow this guy has a turbo in that thing. So he keeps on going and I hear the Psshhh again into what I think is 3rd gear. Then again and again to 5th Gear(Wow I didn't know they had 5 gears.) Then a 6th one (Wow 6 gears what is in that little beast lol) then a 7th(Now we are on some brand new transmission that I have never heard of? 7 Gears?) I decided to investigate this seven gear dream machine of a Honda( :2funny: ) and when I pull up next to him he goes to scratch his head and I see him holding a black object with a button on it. Soon after he pushes the button I hear the Psshhh Sound again. Conclusion he had one of those Ebay things that make the sound. So he looks over at me just driving next to him and then he begins to flash his hazards and starts trying to get away from me. Which in turn I did let him go since it was probley not worth it, and I was laughing to hard to concentrate on driving any faster then I already was. :2funny:

If you read all of this.........Heres a Cookie for You O0

xEviLxVIIIx
12-12-2005, 03:20 PM
hahah i had a scion try to race me the other night, i just laughed :2funny:

gofaster87
12-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Its funny how a few built cars in a magazine will make all owners of that particular car think they are fast.

hahah i had a scion try to race me the other night, i just laughed* :2funny:

Thero
12-12-2005, 03:27 PM

XA, XB, or XC?

I had the XB try to race me. It was like having a Ceral Box with a APC Muffler tip trying to pass me

xEviLxVIIIx
12-12-2005, 04:30 PM

XA, XB, or XC?

I had the XB try to race me. It was like having a Ceral Box with a APC Muffler tip trying to pass me

it was a stock tc

j_nizzle
12-12-2005, 04:36 PM
i think that was a tc....

the oc crew saw a black cherry one with some tenzo rims reving in and out of parking lots on saturday...we also saw a crx try to launch and fail miserably...

EvoPwr
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
i think that was a tc....

the oc crew saw a black cherry one with some tenzo rims reving in and out of parking lots on saturday...we also saw a crx try to launch and fail miserably...
:2funny: scions racing.... :2funny: they better have a motor swap along with a twin turbo.

IS2000
12-12-2005, 08:56 PM
A Scion Xb and a stock Accord LX with older person tried to race me on the freeway before. I just ignored them...

*chris*
12-13-2005, 08:16 AM
If that shit happens just drive up to him and ask him if wants to race for a couple grand or slips since his car is so badass. Ive done that a few times and they shut up real quick.

Its funny how a few built cars in a magazine will make all owners of that particular car think they are fast.

amen. are they just at a loss for words if you do that? i would assume so ...uhh ya ...uhhh later.

up here its mostly trucks, mustangs, trans ams, or the average sedan/coupe. the 'turettos' dont usually show up till summer, then its like a film set from fast&furious at times. im stock, i know what my car can do and what it cant ...so yah i just let them screw off and go about my way. plus it seems like i usually get revved at or get a burnout while my car is PARKED. wow ...cant believe i just lost. thats too bad. :uglystupid2:

dM
12-13-2005, 11:41 AM
I had a Turbo PT CRUISER Rev up on me. He had a really loud BOV on it... I was looking around trying to find a SRT-4 or a STI or somthing. not looking for a PT CRUISER...

*chris*
12-19-2005, 11:35 PM
wow ...i was just informed by a chick i know, that a guy she works with was mouthing off about my evolution. APPARENTLY, my car has a turboed v6 in it, and he could beat me if his 83camaro had a turbo on it. and im a giant rice burner douche. wow. :idiot2:

Dagul
12-24-2005, 04:26 AM
It's alright, a guy I work with won't stop talking shit about how his soon to be turbo RSX will spank on my evo on the freeway... I tell him let's take it to palomar mountain or off road and all he can say is "fk you."

daniel
12-24-2005, 05:08 AM
I was rev'd on by a RSX the other day on beach (in traffic) :2funny:

A while back I was on PCH in laguna beach and this child (literally, he was probably 16) in a C5 vette with some insanely loud (and probably power draining) exhaust AND a DUB license plate was making the head squashing motion with his fingers. So I roll down my window wich a confused look as he exclaims "I'll smoke you son!" all while in some serious 5mph bumper to bumper traffic. That kinda got to me...dude in a stock C5 with an exhaust...ek. He then proceeds to rev at the Ferrari 360 in front of me :idiot2:

SIDE NOTE: This site is pretty interesting.. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for cars (some of the numbers are a little inflated i think)
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

*chris*
12-24-2005, 08:17 AM
oh i know its alright. i didnt take that literally. just made me laugh ...so what if i like rice. i prefer mexican rice with chicken quesadillas. thats damn good. O0

Alpha4LFE
01-19-2006, 09:23 AM
s*** like this happens to me on fridays. usually on my way to lunch. someone that works in th esame company felt the need to do a burnout in his wrong wheel drive a4. the other day, on my way home, i had a porsche gt3 wait for me to pull up next to him on the 105 onramp. needless to say, he took off when the light turned green. i've never seen a guy disappear that fast during rush hour in my life.

chuckdashi
01-19-2006, 10:08 AM
its bad enough that hondas integras and whatevers out there are always lookin to get our evos... but just a few weeks when i got my evo... got it the start of december 05... i was side by side this fixed up big rims eclipse... and goes at me and says "nice body kit"... so i just laugh and he launches.. i figured no point goin but just after a second or two i figured what the hell.. so i go and leave this foo behind... i slow down and he looks dazed like "what tha hell just happend"... hahahaha... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

The Emperor
01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
i was driving on temple ave. going towards my old house when this white civic hatch all "JDM"ed out pulls up revs at me so i looked at him, and he shouts out...YOU SHOULD RACE MY GIRLFRIEND'S FRIEND'S DAD'S FRIEND'S INTEG DAWGGGGGGGGGGGGG!....all i said is wow..

*chris*
01-19-2006, 12:38 PM
is that kinda like ...my moms sisters boyfriends daugters friends dog ate my homework?

i had a wrx all on my ass tuesday night coming home from MSU. he was coming up an onramp behind a semi and some other car and, when i went passed he shot out behind me and stayed there for prolly 10min. i could only see one headlight the whole time from my sideviews. jackass.

that same night i also had ....a maxima? i honestly dont know. it was yellow, spoiler, black wheels, and coffee can. i pulled up to a stoplight a little ways ahead of him (he was in the slow lane). then when it turned green, he jumped into my lane and tailed me for about a mile or so.

i realize RICE is an overplayed term ...but i just havent heard a better one. MSU has tons of it. i dont know how many i met when i was pulling into campus but i kept getting* :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o haha i love it.

Absinthe
01-19-2006, 02:27 PM
i work at a mitsubishi dealer and next to us is Carmax. there's a kid there with a blue Si suppose to have a build Type R motor and always reving as he drove by our dealer, so one day i was on my way out of the dealer, i saw him infront of me so i catch up. He look at me and stare at me and laughing at the same time. So i roll down my windows as we slowly enter the freeway, i ask him are fucking serious??. He suddenly floor his car and i did too. the next thing i know i'm like way infront of him. as i look down at my speedometer i'm doing 160-162mph. i'm all like holyshit so i let go of the gas and slow down. he cod up to me and i look at him and start it to point at his face and laugh my ass off. O0 what he didn't know is that i have Stage 1+ O0

Dr. Gray stage 1+, 162 and still pulling? wow is hould have gotten that for my evo...

stuart5150
01-19-2006, 02:49 PM
I got a good one last night a bunch of "G'S" and their open exhaust v6 Camaro kept revving their engine and then cut me off revved again and "Tried" to take off. These people should be kicked and their cars burned.
Oh yeha I forgot about this Vanilla Ice wannabe, pulls up next to me in a RSX Type S and tells me hes gonna break me off, he then blurts out and claims to run 11's on street tires with stock exhaust... ??? wtf? I truly truly hate aholes like this they need to put their car in a garage and close all the doors start the engine and hang out for a while ...RIP.. :knuppel2:

Terry S
01-19-2006, 02:58 PM
I got a good one last night a bunch of "G'S" and their open exhaust v6 Camaro kept revving their engine and then cut me off revved again and "Tried" to take off. These people should be kicked and their cars burned.
Oh yeha I forgot about this Vanilla Ice wannabe, pulls up next to me in a RSX Type S and tells me hes gonna break me off, he then blurts out and claims to run 11's on street tires with stock exhaust... ??? wtf? I truly truly hate aholes like this they need to put their car in a garage and close all the doors start the engine and hang out for a while ...RIP..* :knuppel2:

Probably runs 11's in the 1/8th...

Terry S

*chris*
01-19-2006, 04:49 PM
hahaha ok wow. theres a guy with a civic hatch ...late 80s model? anyway he lives a few blocks east of me and i followed him back to my house. he was stuck behind slower traffic on the main road to my house. anyways we make the right toward our houses and he goes REALLY slow and then guns it. i hear the stock muffler, see the black smoke, and then the smell. :buck2: he won ...seeing as how my evo isnt really an evo at all, just a lancer with a bodykit. O0

(or so say half the people in this area)

just was at MSU visiting my girlfriend and we were coming back from red lobster with a couple other friends. anyways a transam was sitting a stoplight behind RL and i got stopped at the next light. anyways he comes flying up behind me and then shoots into the next lane. then when the light turns green he guns it and bangs through a couple of gears so i can hear the exhaust ...then slows down and i see the point. yah ..im gonna race you in heavy traffic, that makes sense. :idiot2: i just shook my head ....and apparently everyone else in my car was flipping them off. they took off and weaved in&out of traffic for a couple of blocks then cut across two lanes to make a left turn. awesome.

OmegaEvo
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, i know what u mean. im driving home from hemet like at 12 am and i usuall shift around 2 1/2 3 rpms because i have my whole fuel system done and tuned and it does waste a lot of gas. anyways, some ford focus pulls behind me and starts flashing the highs on me. Im like wow.... no way im wasting my gas on u. But i get kinda interested because i just got my car tuned and dynoed the same day by tunning technologies. so i just gun it and 10 min later i see him drive by while im at the shell gas station.

chuckdashi
01-27-2006, 12:37 AM
:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

R3dline
01-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Same here, I got called out by a blinged out Maxima on the freeway right after my 272's and tune was done at TT :grin: It kinda felt like I was on the Chapelle show (what he didnt know the evo was just tuned.......When keeping it real goes wrong)

*chris*
01-27-2006, 09:22 AM
2 door white lincoln, lowered with spinners y0. yah i was passing him at 45mph in a 45zone. as soon as i get next to him he just takes off. i was talking with my friend about ISU (she just started there this semester) and i wasnt really paying attention to this 'cory' dumbass. until i heard his exhaust ....simply stunning.

my friend trish wants to make a sign for my car so that whenever shes in emma and someone tries to race me she can hold it up. 'you cant step-up to this car'
:2funny:

Dagul
02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Some 2G AWD Talon with a S.W.A.T. SHOP sticker kept trying to call me out all the way down 8th street to Paradise Valley Road this morning (for those familar with SD area). He took off and I decided to follow and I caught up to him while he was still pushing hard. Mind you, he was pushing hard enough that his car was already smoking out his tale pipe. I guess he was pissed off that he couldn't pll away from me so he crossed double yellow to get around a couple cars and I decided not to follow coz taht's just "crossing the line" literally. :2funny: I didn't think it was worth the trouble to pass him and embarrass him for picking the fight.

I like *Chris's* girl's idea about the sign. :2funny:

*chris*
02-02-2006, 03:36 PM
hahaha ill let her know shes got support for it. O0

these next two didnt try to race me but i feel i have to share it with you guys. two very rice looking eclipses. a 2g and a 3g.
2g had no front bumper but did however have the rest of the bodykit & coffee can. higlighter yellow.
3g had the full bodykit like brian from f&f. coffee can and a spoiler that was at least 2x as tall as my stocker. highlighter orange.
:2funny: