PDA

View Full Version : burglary

Alpha4LFE
12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
So i'm a bit pissed off right now and unsettled. I came home last night and my roommate told me we had been robbed. They took a laptop (with the 50ft ethernet cord), 2 ipods, a cd player, 2 digital cameras, and a hand towel (who steals a hand towel?!). I guess maybe to try and wipe their prints. Anyhow, what's strange is that no windows were broken and the rooms looked untouched. Cops came by, wrote up a police report and some detective is supposed to come out and take fingerprints. I went out to home depot last night bought a new deadbolt, which was originally borken (i submitted a request 2 months ago to get that fixed but the mgmt company never did anything), window locks, and we figured out how to activate the alarm system.

Just a warning, for anyone living around the culver city area, next to Sony studios, lock your windows, make sure your door is deadbolted. Our neighbor was hit as well. It's f*ed up because the mgmt company does not seem to give a rats a$$ and the live in manager seems shady. I have renters insurance, but God knows how long that is going to take. I just hope everything works out and these bastards get caught. I thought living next to a church would be safe, especially when everyone around is a working professional.

Just my rant for the day. I think this is my longest post ever.... f*in ba$t@rds. I hope they burn in hell.

speedracer2169
12-09-2005, 03:39 PM
sucks man you should make a demand to the management company about the deadbolt and have them compensate you for your damages

ANTHONY
12-09-2005, 03:47 PM
Good luck getting your stuff back bro. As for the assholes i hope they get was coming to them!!

nurb2
12-09-2005, 06:58 PM
I suspect the roommate. Inside job.

-nurb2-

Alpha4LFE
12-10-2005, 12:44 PM
the mgmt company does absolutely jack crap. they could care less what just happened. told me to submit a work order form to get the deadbolt replaces. such bull...

One Evo Pinay
12-11-2005, 03:32 AM
So i'm a bit pissed off right now and unsettled. I came home last night and my roommate told me we had been robbed. They took a laptop (with the 50ft ethernet cord), 2 ipods, a cd player, 2 digital cameras, and a hand towel (who steals a hand towel?!). I guess maybe to try and wipe their prints. Anyhow, what's strange is that no windows were broken and the rooms looked untouched. Cops came by, wrote up a police report and some detective is supposed to come out and take fingerprints. I went out to home depot last night bought a new deadbolt, which was originally borken (i submitted a request 2 months ago to get that fixed but the mgmt company never did anything), window locks, and we figured out how to activate the alarm system.

Just a warning, for anyone living around the culver city area, next to Sony studios, lock your windows, make sure your door is deadbolted. Our neighbor was hit as well. It's f*ed up because the mgmt company does not seem to give a rats a$$ and the live in manager seems shady. I have renters insurance, but God knows how long that is going to take. I just hope everything works out and these bastards get caught. I thought living next to a church would be safe, especially when everyone around is a working professional.

Just my rant for the day. I think this is my longest post ever.... f*in ba$t@rds. I hope they burn in hell.

how come i never see ur evo around? i live right here off overland/venice and there are 4 other evos in area, one on my block actually (silver)....2 across street from me (yellow/black one) then a silver one couple blocks up and a MR in that same apartment structure...then oh yeah a black one that parks on overland from time to time...

that sony area has a lot of break ins, and apparently those apt's near sony studios are haunted been some stories from time to time...but anyways good luck with catchin the thieves...word of advice, whenever stuff comes up missing not to accuse anyone but usually its the closest people to you that try to steal right behind your own back. so not saying your roomie did it but i wouldnt be suprised if he knew about it, but like any story there is more to it...

my friend had a situation like this while back when he kept seeing shit missing from his room so one day what he did was before leaving he put a cup of water a few feet away from his door so when someone would open the door to wide they'd most likely knock it over...(he wanted to see if any of his roomates were going in his room) before he knew it within 2 days of doing this water was tipped over and he then took next step to catchin his roomie in the act...

Alpha4LFE
12-11-2005, 04:59 PM
you probably never see me around because i work all the time, so either i'm driving to work, coming home from work, or the evo is in the garage underground. we've taken measures to really secure the place and i've rehid everything that is small and remotely valuable. so unless people have been watching where i'm hiding these things, they won't know or most likely will not find it in the apt because well, they might not be there anymore. i've made peace with the fact that we were burglarized. can't really do much about it now. and come to think of it, if someone really wanted to steal from you, they would just do it. you can just hope they get what's coming to them and live your life. thanks for the support tho.