PDA

View Full Version : weird situation with my traffic ticket

jdmitr
12-11-2005, 02:41 AM
so i get a ticket about a month ago for going straight on a right or left turn only. i lost my ticket a few days afterward and i have been trying to search for my ticket for a few weeks now at lasuperiorcourt.org by searching under drivers license #, nothing ever shows up, no violations no nothing. funny thing is i havent been getting a courtesy notice either and its been longer than 21 days. i finally found my ticket under my carpet today and figured out why nothing is showing up, the dumb ass cop wrote my address and drivers license # wrong. a couple of my friends tell me that since they wrote my dl # wrong, they cant track me. i dont know, what do you guys think?

One Evo Pinay
12-11-2005, 04:12 AM
so i get a ticket about a month ago for going straight on a right or left turn only. i lost my ticket a few days afterward and i have been trying to search for my ticket for a few weeks now at lasuperiorcourt.org by searching under drivers license #, nothing ever shows up, no violations no nothing. funny thing is i havent been getting a courtesy notice either and its been longer than 21 days. i finally found my ticket under my carpet today and figured out why nothing is showing up, the dumb ass cop wrote my address and drivers license # wrong. a couple of my friends tell me that since they wrote my dl # wrong, they cant track me. i dont know, what do you guys think?

hmm it is kinda weird but i had something like this happen to a friend but just to clear a few things up first...#1 lapd etc isn't responsible for your lost ticket of course but mostly they arent required to send you a courtesy notice, it's just a courtesy notice sent out from time to time, sometimes you get one sometimes you dont.

as far as searching court site for ticket under your dl # yes if the cop wrote it down wrong then of course it most likely will not pull up any violation record, however is your license plate # written down correctly on the ticket, bc they can track you that way. At this point it'd say the cop messed up and you are 90% off the hook and got lucky (assuming both the dl# and license plate # are incorrect) but for peace of mind you might want to call up the court house and ask them a general question about a issued ticket having a wrong dl# written down and if you are still responsible for paying bail etc but not giving them any of your real information of course...imo i'd do this because the cop may have written the wrong dl# down however still punched in correct info on his computer so you never know the delay that could cause but rather not take the chance, so it's better to find out now instead of 3 months later when there is a warrant out for you bc of unpaid tickets lol.

good luck

12-11-2005, 01:35 PM
I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I got my ticket on 10/30.. and I did receive my courtesy notice pretty fast, but I don't see it on the lasuperiorcourt.org website. However, on the courtesy notice, my DL number was written down incorrectly. Yet, even if I enter the wrong info the lasuperiorcourt.org website, it still won't recognize my info, which leads me to believe something else is wrong in their system (I tried entering ticket number as well.. still nothing). I want to call in and ask exactly what's going on, but their phone system sucks, and I don't know how to talk to a real human being. :roll:

jdmitr
12-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I got my ticket on 10/30.. and I did receive my courtesy notice pretty fast, but I don't see it on the lasuperiorcourt.org website. However, on the courtesy notice, my DL number was written down incorrectly. Yet, even if I enter the wrong info the lasuperiorcourt.org website, it still won't recognize my info, which leads me to believe something else is wrong in their system (I tried entering ticket number as well.. still nothing). I want to call in and ask exactly what's going on, but their phone system sucks, and I don't know how to talk to a real human being. :roll:

thanks for the tip one evo pinay.

i tried searching under my ticket # this morning and nothing showed up either, lol. i'm gonna call the court tomorrow and see whats up.

12-11-2005, 02:45 PM
I'm actually in a similar situation as you. I got my ticket on 10/30.. and I did receive my courtesy notice pretty fast, but I don't see it on the lasuperiorcourt.org website. However, on the courtesy notice, my DL number was written down incorrectly. Yet, even if I enter the wrong info the lasuperiorcourt.org website, it still won't recognize my info, which leads me to believe something else is wrong in their system (I tried entering ticket number as well.. still nothing). I want to call in and ask exactly what's going on, but their phone system sucks, and I don't know how to talk to a real human being.* :roll:

i tried searching under my ticket # this morning and nothing showed up either, lol. i'm gonna call the court tomorrow and see whats up.

Which PD gave you the ticket. I got mine from L.A. County Sherriff in Rowland Heights area. Maybe it's a common issue.

jdmitr
12-11-2005, 03:19 PM

Which PD gave you the ticket. I got mine from L.A. County Sherriff in Rowland Heights area. Maybe it's a common issue.

LAPD. Try calling again tomorrow and give me an update.

evo_chip
12-11-2005, 09:01 PM
hey my cousin used to be a LAPD beat cop and said that in most cases that this happens, if you go down to the court and explain to them that the cop wrote the info wrong theyll just trow it out of court cause you were honest. but if you dont theyll write the fine against the car and you wont be able to register it till that fine is paid, if the car is in your name then theyll eventually come after you. hope this helps

WavMixer
12-11-2005, 09:39 PM
Because the cop got your license number and address wrong, this shows reasonable doubt as to you being guilty of this infraction. This is a no brainer for the judge, but if the cop does show up to court and lose, he will remember you in the future. You know if he gets a second chance at you, the information will be correct next time.