PDA

View Full Version : Graphics or no graphics?

Bills Evo
12-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I just got a new MR in GG and have been thinking about putting graphics on it Was wondering what you all thought about graphics. My first evo was a white '04 and I had yellow and purple graphics on it. And no I hate the Lakers. I found out that that was Laker colors. If I do graphics on this car they will be blue and white.

genrec
12-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Please do us a favor, and never ever, ever, ever, put graphics back on an Evo again. Everyone here will agree.

Bills Evo
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
I don't know, getting everyone here to agree on anything would be amazing! Would I be excommunicated or something like it?

NRG
12-11-2005, 10:00 PM
My opinion is unless you are REALLY sponsored by a company, do not put any graphics.....It degrades the car.......But thats just my opinion....

genrec
I don't know, getting everyone here to agree on anything would be amazing! Would I be excommunicated or something like it?

yes , you will.. :2funny:

Racing Chick
What's wrong with graphics? *:?

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:02 PM
What's wrong with graphics? *:?

I like you guys.....but, those graphics you guys put on your cars are simply.. :outofcloset:

They have no business on an Evo what so ever.

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
So you think they are gay?

Skiracer
12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Just look at BOVBILLY's car and you'll understand :P

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:06 PM

Every one does............im not trying to be mean either.

You guys run RICER graphics.

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I've never seen Bov Billys car or know where to.

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:09 PM

Oh, didn't know that. What about the graphics on some of the sponsered Evos, would something like that be ok.

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Im playing w/you guys..it's your cars, if you like them , then run the graphics. But 99% of Evo owners would let those graphics touch their cars.

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Oh, didn't know that. What about the graphics on some of the sponsered Evos, would something like that be ok.

Are you sponsored by them??? Then it's not OK. Why would you want to be a rolling billboard to make more money for them. What have they given you to warrant advertising???

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:14 PM
True, just wondered what you thought of those cars? I was truely thinking of removing all my graphics from my car.

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
True, just wondered what you thought of those cars? I was truely thinking of removing all my graphics from my car.

I would if i were you, which sometimes i think i am.. :D

Bills Evo
12-11-2005, 10:15 PM
OK. I get the point and I shall repent, having seen the error of my evil ways!

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:16 PM
OK. I get the point and I shall repent, having seen the error of my evil ways!

:2funny:

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
peer pressure, it works everytime. ;)

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:24 PM
but I still like the graphics because then my car doesn't look exactly like everyone elses.

genrec
12-11-2005, 10:28 PM
but I still like the graphics because then my car doesn't look exactly like everyone elses.

thats for sure...... :2funny:

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Are all the graphics considered "Ricer" graphics?

j_nizzle
12-11-2005, 10:39 PM
pm me about graphics and vinyl ideas....i promise you wont have too ricey of a look and the car will look a lot better than with the flames and stuff on them. i recently removed all the decals i previously had on the car and had it waxed. it looks clean but i know where you are coming from about wanting to be different and such. you dont have to sacrifice the aggressive looks of your car to do that though. granted you do live quite a while from me, but i suggest either removing all the vinyl and waxing it. leave it that way or even considering a new scheme that i can provide.

Racing Chick
12-11-2005, 10:42 PM
I got rid of the flams a long time ago. In fact I'm on my third set of different graphics.

CubanEvo
12-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Damn...so wut ur saying is if i put my TYPE-R graphics on my 05 gsr that ill be ricey. That makes me side i had them ordered from japans and everything. F**k it was gonna be pink and blue too. I guess im just gonna have to say forget that nad go get that GT-R sticker on the back. You all know that adds like 15 hp right

ultraflip
12-12-2005, 07:36 AM
hmm... i have barely any graphics on my car and it loooks different... rubelcon's car has no graphics and his car looks different.. ;)

genrec
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
STOP spending you money on worthless graphics...if you do, you would have enough money to buy my gauges.....see how that works...... :grin:

ozzman628
12-12-2005, 09:11 AM
The flames on Pruven's Evo looks badass.
However, I think it's great when you see a kia rio or civic with like 20+ decals and graphics everywhere. It's pretty lame, but if they didn't do it, then what would amuse me on my drives to work?

DTunedEvoX
12-12-2005, 09:52 AM
GG is such an amazing color as it is ... just let it be graceful (lol) in all its glory (lolx2) - and dont put any stickers on it!

Then again it is your car- do what you want lol :-P

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
STOP spending you money on worthless graphics...if you do, you would have enough money to buy my gauges.....see how that works...... :grin:

I don't spend that much on graphics if at all since I'm friends with the graphic guy. ;)

gofaster87
12-12-2005, 12:19 PM
What are you talking about? All the Evos look the same, different color and different rims, thats it. Especially in Cali where body kits are shunned.

hmm... i have barely any graphics on my car and it loooks different... rubelcon's car has no graphics and his car looks different.. ;)

genrec
12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Bodykits are booty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Booooooooooo

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 12:45 PM

You crack me up. What's wrong with body kits and does this apply to those lips lots of people put on their cars?

genrec
12-12-2005, 12:58 PM

You crack me up. What's wrong with body kits and does this apply to those lips lots of people put on their cars?

No, a lip is a lip, and a bodykit is a body kit.................

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 01:01 PM
ok, so why are body kits bad? I think some of them are cool looking.

genrec
12-12-2005, 01:07 PM
im just playing w/you....remember its your car...you must do what you like and what makes you happy.

who cares what other people think.

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I just want to know why they are disliked. I'm not gonna spend my money on one since I like the stock body kit a lot, but I'm still curious. I'm new to the car world and I'm curious about a lot of things.

silvery_eagle
12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
because people say they're just for looks... all show no go..
lots of hunduh civic has such aggressive body kits that makes people think it's fast, but in fact it's not.
now everyone who see bodykits immediately thinks that the car is all show no go..
they call it "Ricer"
so dont do it...
i do have works sticker if anyone wants it.. it's blue color

gofaster87
12-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I personally hate the stock bumper. The split grill with the trinagle is gay. At least with the 9 they did away with the triangle.

WavMixer
12-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Bill, Tiff... you know I like the both of you and would not lie to you. Although you do drive Evos, the stickers make them look less... evo like. IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion), these kind of stickers belong on a hoduh that want's to star in 4F4F, not a car that really is fast. Bill just bought the top of the line MR. If it were me that just bought Bills MR, I would put the JDM headlights, taillights and rear badges on the car do distinguish it from all of the other GG Evo IXs in the AV. If you absol;utly must have vinyl on your car, I would go with the color changing stripes on the car like the old SS stripes Chevy used. I had the black SS stripes on my 3G Eclipse:

http://wavmixer.com/g3/wallpaper2.jpg

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Bill, Tiff... you know I like the both of you and would not lie to you. Although you do drive Evos, the stickers make them look less... evo like. IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion), these kind of stickers belong on a hoduh that want's to star in 4F4F, not a car that really is fast. Bill just bought the top of the line MR. If it were me that just bought Bills MR, I would put the JDM headlights, taillights and rear badges on the car do distinguish it from all of the other GG Evo IXs in the AV. If you absol;utly must have vinyl on your car, I would go with the color changing stripes on the car like the old SS stripes Chevy used. I had the black SS stripes on my 3G Eclipse:

http://wavmixer.com/g3/wallpaper2.jpg

You know that since Bill got his MR I've been thinking of ditching the graphics and keeping Bill from putting them back on. I think I've finally made up my mind, when I get my car back I'm gonna take the graphics off. Only thing left to ask is "Should I ditch the windsheild banner too"?

genrec
12-12-2005, 04:17 PM
yes no windshield banner!!!!!!!!!! now you catching on!

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 04:19 PM
ok

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM
What do you suggest I use to remove the adhesive residue that is left behind?

BOVBILLY
12-12-2005, 04:35 PM
do it!

j_nizzle
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
What do you suggest I use to remove the adhesive residue that is left behind?

you should use a hair dryer to take vinyl off and then wax the car thoroughly to remove the residue.

Racing Chick
12-12-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks j_nizzle, will do.

BOVBILLY
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
uh, you dumb. i would never do that.

but hey, i don't even have vinyl ;) :2funny: ;) :2funny: ;)

j_nizzle
12-12-2005, 05:06 PM
uh, you dumb. i would never do that.

but hey, i don't even have vinyl ;) :2funny: ;) :2funny: ;)

:2funny: :uglystupid2:

Bills Evo
12-12-2005, 07:35 PM
OK : it's settled, I'll steal a Papa John's sign and put it on my roof! :D :2funny:

genrec
12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
sweet, you go the honduh fire extingisher!!!

Bills Evo
12-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Alright already, I ditched the fire extinguisher. My wife and I were on our third evo before we found out about SoCalEvo and didn't even know what a ricer was! We discovered this incredible car called an Evo. Our first one was a white '03 which we bought for her, then I just had to have one so we got me a white '04 and we cruised our city together in both cars. We never saw another Evo the first six months!
We have since bought our fourth Evo, joined SoCalEvo, met Wavmixer, had a meet at our house, and finally found out that we were disgracing the Evo community by having body graphics! We've had a whirlwind education on imports and now drive around with our noses in the air! It's hard to not feel smug when every guy with a ricer gawks or points at us where ever we go. Ya gotta love this ride. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: O0

EvolvedMCC
12-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Haha nice to see that you have so much fun with your cars! I do remember seeing both of your cars in pictures and I always wondered "WHY!!!!!" but then again they are your cars so i didn't say anything. However I agree with what a lot of others said, graphics like those "cheapen" the looks of the Evo. they belong on, well, ricer cars lol. Keep it clean is the way to go, but to me there is no "in between." Either you have no graphics, or go all out like BOVBILLY but ONLY if you are sponsored by those companies and have to run the graphics no matter what. Congratulations on your lovely new ride! Now people will be pointing at you saying "DAMN, check out that Evo IX MR!" instead of "DAMN, WTF are those stickers doing on that Evo!" LOL.

:D

BOVBILLY
12-16-2005, 01:18 PM
i am loved! :mitsu: :roll: :mitsu: :roll:

EvolvedMCC
12-16-2005, 01:21 PM
i am loved! :mitsu: :roll: :mitsu: :roll:

your car is pimp, what do you expect?

:smitten:

gofaster87
12-16-2005, 01:22 PM
All out like BILLY? Jesus thats not saying much except to condone the chachiness of the 80s splatter mobile. It should say Cybergay and give the website of Billys gay friendfinder section.