PDA

View Full Version : Best Sounds BOV and why Recirculate?

OCriminal
12-12-2005, 08:13 AM
What is the best sounding BOV im not going for MAX noise, just best sounding. If its loud that is alright, it looks like its a toss up between a HKS SSQ and a Greddy Type S, any suggestions?

I hear from alot of people its best to rescirculate, why?

Im looking for vehicle specific kits

bcmind
12-12-2005, 08:16 AM
different people have different taste... the best sounding one is the one that you, and only you, like. ;)

Dr. Evo
12-12-2005, 08:20 AM
You need to recirc because all that air that passes through the BOV has already been metered by the MAF. Blowing it to atmosphere throws off the air/fuel ratio because the PCM doesn't know that it is gone. There are ways around this, but if you are stock (untuned, stock MAF, etc...) a full recirc valve is best.

ultraflip
12-12-2005, 08:23 AM
IMO... the best sounding valve is the GFB valve... second would be the Greddy Type RS... third is the HKS SSQV... more rice for your pleasure since all you're in it for is the sound

OCriminal
12-12-2005, 08:37 AM
Where can I find GFB?

They don't actually help the engine more than the stock BOV?

I dont want to lose metered air, so yes I would recirc-

ultraflip
12-12-2005, 08:40 AM
www.myevostore.com

genrec
12-12-2005, 08:41 AM
the best sounding and working is the jdm mr bov. O0

BMan
12-12-2005, 08:46 AM
If you like stalling when you lift the throttle, or are using an aftermarket ems, will need to recirc.

ultraflip
12-12-2005, 08:48 AM
If you like stalling when you lift the throttle, or are using an aftermarket ems, will need to recirc.

not true on all cars... i was VTA w/ my Greddy RS for months.... no stalling issues

kimletrim
12-12-2005, 08:49 AM
If you are going to be recirculating, all BOV are going to basically sound the same because the they won't make any noise at all. *The only way you will truly hear the BOV is if you vent to air or you have aftermarket intake. *Otherwise, there is not much difference in sound between the true recirculating BOVs

DTunedEvoX
12-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Yeah I had no issues VTA .. I'm RECIRC right now but I do admit the Greddy RS and HKS SSQV "sound" the best to me ;) I've never heard the GFB though ...

GoRacerXGo
12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Unless you got some serious PSIs running, there's no need for an aftermarket BOV. If you insist on getting one, get a ricirculating one, this won't leave your car running rich. Plus that cool sound attracts unwanted attention (from the popo and civics). ;)

silvery_eagle
12-14-2005, 01:02 PM
if you have evo 9... and looking to get another BOV... sell the stock ones ... ppl dips it!

j_nizzle
12-14-2005, 06:08 PM

actually most people that use ems opt to go vta since they can correct the air-fuel ratios that would normally be upsetted when you vta with the stock settings.

OCriminal
12-23-2005, 02:59 AM
My two BOV choices are currently:

1.) RFL Evo VIII STEALTH BOV

or

2.) HKS SSQV BOV

both are evo specific and both would be recirculated as if stock.

the link is to a picture of my engine bay, what would fit the best? Im only switched stock bov to aftermarket bov to get a louder cleaner sound
http://www.justhummer.com/~jeminiauto/3U123407-49sm.jpg

Chris in SD
12-23-2005, 04:22 PM
If you are going to be recirculating, all BOV are going to basically sound the same because the they won't make any noise at all. *The only way you will truly hear the BOV is if you vent to air or you have aftermarket intake. *Otherwise, there is not much difference in sound between the true recirculating BOVs

This is exactly right. If you want the big whooosh sound (*cough* ricers *cough*) get an open element air filter like HKS, RMR, Injen, etc.