PDA

View Full Version : Why Virginia sucks donkey C$#k and I bought an S4 instead of another Evo

Chris in SD
12-20-2005, 09:18 PM
This is precisely what Cali will be coming to in the not too distant future. Keep your fingers crossed that more young cops get hired that can appreciate the Evo. Read the posts in the thread below and keep in mind that most of these guys are 30+, professional, and white. I only mention that because imagine if you were early 20s and Asian with spiky hair. You know what I mean? F 'em...

http://forums.dcevoclub.com/showthread.php?t=3573&page=1&pp=15

*chris*
12-21-2005, 08:31 AM
wow thats awesome. never ceases to amaze me. our tax dollars hard at work right there. O0

Chris in SD
12-21-2005, 04:10 PM
The cops out here suck completely. If it's not domestic, they'll bust you...

tabio42
12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow that's so balls. I like the story about the Judge at the bottom.

See, Chris, this is why you have to buy a Z06 and Twin Turbo it. What part of VA are you in btw? Another former SoCal Evo guy is in VA too.

Chris in SD
12-21-2005, 05:48 PM
I am in the Dulles area. I think the guy you're referring to is A3zar or something, right?

I miss you guys already.

tabio42
12-21-2005, 06:51 PM
I don't remember what his name was on the board but his real name is Jake. My brother set up his car for him before he took off. I'll PM you his Email if you want. He goes to the track as often as possible.

helli0n
12-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I got a ticket in VA while driving a rental...talk about a bunch useless human beings. On the way out of Ronald Reagan onto the 1 there is only lane...and during certain hours that lane is a commuter lane. Then once fully on the 1...traffic is bad that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get over into a lane. Then just a few blocks down cops are standing in the road waving all the rental cars over into a parking lot so they can issue them tickets...then one top of that they have the nerve to direct traffic so you can get out of the parking lot. SHOULD YOU WORTHLESS PILES OF CRAP BEEN DOING THAT AT THE ENTRANCE FROM THE AIRPORT!!! They just do that because they know people from out of state really can't fight the ticket. On top of that they have no idea what the fine is for the violation...or any kind of useful details. F-ing douche bags...

Sorry...I had to rant...

j_nizzle
12-21-2005, 10:43 PM
I got a ticket in VA while driving a rental...talk about a bunch useless human beings. On the way out of Ronald Reagan onto the 1 there is only lane...and during certain hours that lane is a commuter lane. Then once fully on the 1...traffic is bad that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get over into a lane. Then just a few blocks down cops are standing in the road waving all the rental cars over into a parking lot so they can issue them tickets...then one top of that they have the nerve to direct traffic so you can get out of the parking lot. SHOULD YOU WORTHLESS PILES OF CRAP BEEN DOING THAT AT THE ENTRANCE FROM THE AIRPORT!!! They just do that because they know people from out of state really can't fight the ticket. On top of that they have no idea what the fine is for the violation...or any kind of useful details. F-ing douche bags...

Sorry...I had to rant...

that's where filing affidavits really help.

Chris in SD
12-22-2005, 05:56 AM
I talked to a guy from San Diego that happens to live in my complex and he told me he got the same ticket I did (for no plates - even though we both had temp Cali tags and paper plates). He even got TOWED!!!!

I asked him if he fought it - he told me that the courts out here don't acknowledge or respect CA law when it comes to vehicle registration/tagging and that he ended up paying over $270 in towing, taxis, fines, court costs, etc. BECAUSE HE DROVE OUT HERE WITH TEMP TAGS FROM CALIFORNIA!!!

WTF... I am going to ask my dad (a lawyer) if there is a lawsuit I can file for infringing on the Constitutional right to interstate commerce.

*chris*
12-22-2005, 07:40 AM
:-o
holy god. virginia police are like the SS. im sorry you have to put up with that crap man.

BMan
12-23-2005, 05:58 PM
It's worse than you think.
I lived in va for a year and...
I was driving down the road and my wife asked if I had unplugged the iron for her. Umm, no, why. We have to turn around, I forgot to. OK
I do a Y turn. I didn't even see the cop up the road when this happened. He flips on lights and siren, pulls us over and tells me to get out of the truck. Started grilling me about trying to evade him (wtf???). I showed him my license and told him what the wife and I had just talked about.
He followed us home to make sure that was where we were really going.
They set up road blocks at blind corners and pull everyone over to look over the cars and check in your car for stuff. It is illegal to have a radar detector, but they sit behind things with radar on and will hit you for 5 over.
It's beautiful there, but it sucks at the same time.

Chris in SD
12-23-2005, 09:55 PM
It's worse than you think.
I lived in va for a year and...
I was driving down the road and my wife asked if I had unplugged the iron for her. Umm, no, why. We have to turn around, I forgot to.* OK
I do a Y turn. I didn't even see the cop up the road when this happened. He flips on lights and siren, pulls us over and tells me to get out of the truck. Started grilling me about trying to evade him (wtf???). I showed him my license and told him what the wife and I had just talked about.
He followed us home to make sure that was where we were really going.
They set up road blocks at blind corners and pull everyone over to look over the cars and check in your car for stuff. It is illegal to have a radar detector, but they sit behind things with radar on and will hit you for 5 over.
It's beautiful there, but it sucks at the same time.

That is exactly the truth. It is unbelievable here... When I moved back to SD last time, I told you guys I didn't know what I was thinking moving to VA in the first place. Well this time I can tell you, once I complete my obligation out here, I am coming back as soon as I line up work in SD again. Weak sauce does not describe the nonsense out here...

4G63 FEVER
12-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Not to be a dick or anything but that's the price that's paid to live in a lib run state! :twisted: Ass hats have to keep thinking up ways to take more away from ya! :knuppel2:

Not that Cali is a lot better mind you! Maybe if Frisco was cut off like a cancer it would be a better place. O0

Chris in SD
12-24-2005, 05:03 AM
Not to be a dick or anything but that's the price that's paid to live in a lib run state! :twisted: Ass hats have to keep thinking up ways to take more away from ya! :knuppel2:

Not that Cali is a lot better mind you! Maybe if Frisco was cut off like a cancer it would be a better place. O0

You've got it backwards - VA is one of the most conservative states (actually, it's a commonwealth) in the US. Cali is one of the most liberal states in the country. The reason it is so heavily policed is because of the heavy-handed right-wing mindset. Now mind you, I am conservative, but this is ridiculous. I realize how moderate I am now that I live here... You are absolutely right about San Fran - those people are another planet.

And FWIW, the only reason I moved to this place is because the work here makes every single one of you safer every day. My buddy is getting some shirts made with the slogan, "We do the unthinkable to protect the ungrateful." Pretty apropos...

4G63 FEVER
12-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Chris my apologies if I got that wrong. For some reason it seemed to me that area was the way I thought it was. You are there so you know far better than I do so call me schooled! O0 Oh and heavy handed right wing yeh right :twisted:. I disagree with you there big time. Normally it's the stand for nothing libs that are that way. What the post is about sounds like something from a loony left thing to me anyhow. Rant off.

I've read your postings for quite sometime and seems you know of what you speak. Didn't know you were a moderate though! :grin:

Well hope you can get out of there in a timely manner as it sounds like a crapy place to be :-(.

Chris in SD
12-24-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah, well extremists on either end are bad. It's just that generally the left-wing liberal extremists get more press. Out here, it is definitely a hyper-conservative agenda. Like I said, I am usually on board with that, but it's way over the top out here.

I spoke with my dad about the lawsuit - he suggested I call or write the ACLU to defend me in this case and to file a class-action lawsuit against the Commonwealth of VA for violating the Interstate Commerce Act. I have myself plus two other anecodotal cases to base it on. I'm sure that once the word gets out, they'll get flooded with info from people who have been screwed over here.

I am already making the arrangements to come back ASAP. I gave my current employers some ideas of where we can fit in the SD area... keep your fingers crossed.

Chris in SD
12-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Here's the letter I wrote the ACLU:

To whom it may concern,

I believe the rights of many Virginians, especially those like me who moved into VA, are being violated by various law enforcement agencies, to wit, Fairfax County police and the Virginia State Patrol. I moved to Virginia from California in early October and was stopped by the VSP for "improper display of license plates". I explained to the officer that my car was new and California law dictated that the car would be considered legally registered and licensed as long as the temporary registration was displayed in the front right corner of the windshield. This was the case and I explained it to the officer. To make a long story short, she told me that was my problem and to take it up with the judge. I have spoken to at least 2 other people that I know this has happened to. One even had his vehicle towed (he had the same type of CA registration I had). The state of VA requires the registration of a vehicle and a change of driver's license within 30 days, which I did.

I believe that the Commonwealth of Virginia willfully enforces "laws" which contradict the Interstate Commerce Act by not acknowledging other states' laws and are actively preying on out-of-state vehicles to build revenue. I am certain that if you were to put out a PSA about whether VA had done this to others, you would get an overwhelming response. While I don't know if you can help with my court case (Jan 5 in Fairfax Co.), you might be able to do something about this.

Finally, I believe there is a serious problem of profiling by the above named police agencies. I have personally been stopped and cited when I lived in VA previously because of the car I drove (a Japanese car). The officer made reference to "this type of car", etc. The police here maintain a consistent attitude with my friends, especially those that aren't caucasians, primarily because they are driving "those cars". It is blatantly discriminatory and borderline racist in many instances. I am not sure what you can do, but it might help to bring this selective, discriminatory "enforcement" to light.

I thank you very much for considering my issues.

Sincerely,

Chris ...

j_nizzle
12-28-2005, 03:54 PM
good to know you took your time to write that up. it sucks because our community(performance vehicle enthusiats) is too small to make a huge difference. anyone is a target, not just by the car but by your race now. the only downside to letters like this would be a crackdown in modifications by police everywhere because they will avoid the racial profiling and just profile cars suspected of being modified. good luck chris!

Terry S
12-29-2005, 09:52 AM
good to know you took your time to write that up. it sucks because our community(performance vehicle enthusiats) is too small to make a huge difference. anyone is a target, not just by the car but by your race now. the only downside to letters like this would be a crackdown in modifications by police everywhere because they will avoid the racial profiling and just profile cars suspected of being modified. good luck chris!

Check with Warrtalon on the DC boards over there. Sounds like he'd be in on the class action suit if it gets off the ground.

Terry S

Chris in SD
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I talk to him.. Most of the guys out here are pretty educated and have the means to actually fight this crap.

Tomorrow is the big day - I have 4 exhibits lined up: (A) CA DMV code that states I am good with the temp reg until I get my plates, (B) the Interstate Commerce Act of 1887 in case the judge doesn't care about CA laws, (C) my CA temp reg and paper plate from Hoehn, my VA license, inspection stickers, and registration to show I registered w/in VA's 30-day rule, and (D) photos of my last 4 cars showing them all with paper plates and the reg in the window. I should be golden...

With my luck, the dumb biznatch won't even show up and I'll get off anyway. I want her to be there so I can ram this up her... I digress. :angel:

BMan
01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
You've got it backwards - VA is one of the most conservative states (actually, it's a commonwealth) in the US. Cali is one of the most liberal states in the country. The reason it is so heavily policed is because of the heavy-handed right-wing mindset. Now mind you, I am conservative, but this is ridiculous. I realize how moderate I am now that I live here... You are absolutely right about San Fran - those people are another planet.

And FWIW, the only reason I moved to this place is because the work here makes every single one of you safer every day. My buddy is getting some shirts made with the slogan, "We do the unthinkable to protect the ungrateful." Pretty apropos...

Sounds like you're working out of Fort Pickett. I worked in Blackstone and lived out 460 up the street from the little white church. They are some nice folk down there, and some a$$hats.

Chris in SD
01-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Well - I forgot to update the thread here... Long story short: Me - Blah, blah, CA law, blah, blah Judge - I don't care about CA, boy, $25 fine...

I really hate this place. I am actually in the Fairfax area, BMan.