PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT: T-ROCK TURBO COMING SOON...

TrickedOutEVOVIII
12-23-2005, 02:49 AM
ok guys...i just checked the tracking on my LONG AWAITED shipment of the last peice to project T-Rock!!!! its scheduled to be at my doorstep on 12/27 (tuesday)!!!! luckily for them im off tuesday and wednesday of that week so its perfect. im installing that shit the minute i get it or the next day (most likely the same day). the kit will be complete as soon as this package arrives at my door. every last item down to the bolt and braided line. garry make way bro cuz its gonna happen finally!! i dont care if i have to do it my damn self. im hoping it wont arrive too late in the afternoon...ill be screwed, i wont be able to head over to TT to get that shit tuned. so we'll see what happens. feel free to chime in garry or shaun or larry and let me know what would be best.

rammsteinmatt
12-23-2005, 12:41 PM
pmed

i say, this will be a fun day at project gen

turbolarry
12-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Hmmm...
I'm off Tuesday, so maybe Tuesday night get it started. I have to work Wednesday though. :-(

rammsteinmatt
12-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Hmmm...
I'm off Tuesday, so maybe Tuesday night get it started. I have to work Wednesday though. :-(

so you're off tuesday, but you dont want to start working until the night. interesting..........

tell the woman you're going out drinking at 8am, and will be to wasted to drive back until 9pm (or later). she has to approve, the story holds together so well ;)

EVOate909
12-23-2005, 08:01 PM
dont forget about my dibs ;) O0

emperor_gp
12-23-2005, 08:06 PM
i'll be there all day tuesday, wednesday and thursday..

TrickedOutEVOVIII
12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
im really anxious fellaz!!! cant stop thinkin about it!!

emperor_gp
12-26-2005, 07:58 PM
its gonna be a long day tomorrow LOL

rammsteinmatt
12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
its gonna be a long day tomorrow LOL

noo!!!!!! i have to go to the grandparent's house today :'(

bbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blaze
12-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Any updates or pix??

The world is watching...

turbolarry
12-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Just waiting for a SPAL fan.

T-Rock,
RRE; 11 and 12 inch fans from $60 to $115. Would rotating the compressor housing help?

Blaze
12-29-2005, 11:49 AM
Just waiting for a SPAL fan.

T-Rock,
RRE; 11 and 12 inch fans from $60 to $115. Would rotating the compressor housing help?

I thought his kit was plug/play.
No?

TrickedOutEVOVIII
12-29-2005, 01:11 PM
apparently not!!! :tickedoff: oh well...just takes one trip down to my neighborhood performance shop to pick one up...im currently in transit for one as we speak. ive taken pictures of the all the before shots. pics coming soon tonight. or even better, head out to the 626 meet tonight at project gen and ill most likely be there with dirty hands getting neck deep in my car.

T-Rock

EVOate909
01-01-2006, 11:22 PM
any updates with this beasts??? :smiley6600:

TrickedOutEVOVIII
01-02-2006, 01:20 AM
all i can say is that this "beast" is a little kitten until i can sort out a bunch of shit that went wrong!! other than that its been really shitty. im gonna be at project gen tomorrow until i finish it.

rammsteinmatt
01-02-2006, 10:58 PM
should have bought the kit. pop in pop out, 12 hours flat

j_nizzle
01-02-2006, 11:13 PM
should have bought the kit. pop in pop out, 12 hours flat

ok now i know you're a virgin because 12 hours a quite a bit just to "pop in and pop out"

evomrguy
01-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah 12 minutes is plenty.

TrickedOutEVOVIII
01-03-2006, 10:59 PM
muthafuck a turbo upgrade!!!

emperor_gp
01-03-2006, 11:01 PM
muthafuck a turbo upgrade!!!*

:2funny:

turbolarry
01-03-2006, 11:06 PM
OK let's get down to business.
The oil lines need to be redone.
The manifold need to be reinstalled (missing a nut).
Fab up some brackets for the new fan.
Terrick want's a 2 bolt flage incoperated into the downpipe for a makeshift O2 housing with external dump.

Terrick, what else needs to be done? You know it the best. What did I miss or not see? Any issues with coolant lines? Does the fan need rewiring?

emperor_gp
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Terrick want's a 2 bolt flage incoperated into the downpipe for a makeshift O2 housing with external dump.

Terrick, what else needs to be done? You know it the best. What did I miss or not see? Any issues with coolant lines? Does the fan need rewiring?

Today the manifold, turbo and radiator was taken off, fan was taken off and downpipe..

Tomorrow as soon as I get to the shop, I'll check if everything that needs to be tight is tight.

Do you want to make the downpipe a two piece for ease of installation/removal or just keep it like that?

volcomguy84
01-03-2006, 11:13 PM
we just need to redo his oil line that was cross threaded and the downpipe. i already ripped that bitch out in an hour by myself and had the worste fucking night ever *:'(

TrickedOutEVOVIII
01-03-2006, 11:29 PM

na bro, no issues with the coolant lines, although it may be easier if ALL the lines were shorter and were the exact length that they need to be, same with the oil lines. the oil return flange was cross-threaded so im gonna need that new side redone and maybe the male NPT coming out of the oil pan. one trip to hoseman oughta fix all that right up. reinstallation of the manifold is the easiest part. the brackets for the fan come with the kit...you can bolt them up to virtually anywhere on the body or right through the radiator. about the 2-bolt flange on the downpipe, i think thats the best option and the smiplest/cheapest one too. after thats done, it'll be a breeze going through that install, i was having problems bolting on the downpipe to the hotside cuz the whole downpipe was attached and it made shit difficult. i think we should slice off the front peice of the downpipe where i wanted the flange put in so that way we can install the manifold, turbo and first half of the downpipe like you guys did matt's for an easy install. all that shouldnt take more than a day to get done, ill help if i have to. im guessing tomorrow would be the best day to get shit done. im gonna head up there tomorrow and hopefully we can get shit done.

steve, im sorry to hear about what happened bro...im glad youre alright, thats the most important thing.

rammsteinmatt
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM
hey if trock is missing a header bolt. look by the bumper (the disconnected part on the floor), on the inside part of it there is a hose clamp looking thing and there is a bolt inside of it. im pretty sure thats it, because i was eyeballing it for mine.

also if you see one sitting over by where my car was (inbetween the car and the office) that's mine. but i think i gathered it up, but dont remember exactly. or there's always the 2g outside O0

tommygun
01-04-2006, 02:08 AM
:2funny: i had the same problems with my turbo kit its all worth it in the end but would have been better to get a whole kit also in the beginning with out the headaches good luck O0

turbolarry
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I can't be up there till Thurs. night.
Coolant lines; If they ain't broke, don't fix 'em. O0
Oil return line at the pan; If the Hoseman can't come through by Thursday night and worst comes to worst, I can cut the stock piece, flare it out, and hose clamp it. It's not pressurized anyway.
Maybe wait on cutting the downpipe ($.02)