PDA

View Full Version : New Evo VIII owner in The Valley.

EvoTech
12-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey there! I recently got a 2004 Evo VIII. Had it since September this year, and I love it. Been into motorcycles for years, racing and all that crap, but never really been much of a car guy. A guy that I work with has had his 2005 Evo MR for a few months and looking at it every day at work got me to thinking......
....so, now I have one for myself and it's bad ass.
We went out to the Streets of Willow Springs on Dec 16th for a Redlinetrackevents.com day and now it's ON! We're gonna be there again in January, for sure - although I'll be needing some decent tires for the next event.
How many of you guys are in the Valley, and where do you go driving?

:mitsu: EvoTech

kimletrim
12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Welcome to the Evo community and congratulations. There are plenty of us in the Valley. Most of us meet up on Wednesday at the Empire Center in Burbank for our weekly meets. See you around.

genrec
12-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Mean ass neon lights. Big white fuzzy dice. Phat "Powered By Mitsubishi" sticker on the rear window.

Please tell me this isa joke??? ^^

Welcome. Granada Hills represent.

EvoTech
12-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Mean ass neon lights.* Big white fuzzy dice.* Phat "Powered By Mitsubishi" sticker on the rear window.

Please tell me this isa* joke???*

Don't worry........... I'm keeping it real. :band:

Bills Evo
12-23-2005, 10:18 PM
Which valley are you refering to? SF Valley ? Antelope Valley? There are several of us in LAncaster, Palmdale, and surrounding communities. Bill

kimletrim
12-23-2005, 10:31 PM
Which valley are you refering to? SF Valley ? Antelope Valley? There are several of us in LAncaster, Palmdale, and surrounding communities.* * * * * * * * * * * Bill

C'mon... there is only one real Valley! ;)

Bills Evo
12-23-2005, 10:33 PM
That's right, THE Antelope Valley. All others are imitations, wanna be's, copy cats, etc.

EvoTech
12-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Which valley are you refering to? SF Valley ? Antelope Valley? There are several of us in LAncaster, Palmdale, and surrounding communities.* * * * * * * * * * * Bill

C'mon... there is only one real Valley! ;)

Word :knuppel2: I'm in west hills....THE SF Valley.

indianevodriver
12-23-2005, 11:24 PM
I used to live in Chatsworth but just moved to Simi. I hardly see any Evo's in the valley* :-(

EvoTech
12-23-2005, 11:30 PM
I used to live in Chatsworth but just moved to Simi. I hardly see any Evo's in the valley* :-(

We've got two of them here in West Hills. I've seen a few here in the past month. One white with a carbon trunk, hauling ass and blowing flames. He threw me a beating one night. :twisted: Respect.

indianevodriver
12-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Where in the valley do you work?

EvoTech
12-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Where in the valley do you work?

I work in Van Nuys. O0

SpdyEvo02
12-25-2005, 11:58 PM
welcome and congrats

MrBubbler
12-26-2005, 01:21 AM
I used to live in Chatsworth but just moved to Simi. I hardly see any Evo's in the valley :-(

We've got two of them here in West Hills. I've seen a few here in the past month. One white with a carbon trunk, hauling ass and blowing flames. He threw me a beating one night. :twisted: Respect.

LOL you saw flames? what flames ? that wasnt me :-o Welcome aboard! im assuming i saw you on canoga with a car full of people no? always good to hear we have another evo in the neighborhood im tired of seeing STI's.

EvoTech
12-26-2005, 09:46 AM
We've got two of them here in West Hills.* I've seen a few here in the past month. One white with a carbon trunk, hauling ass and blowing flames.* He threw me a beating one night.* :twisted:* Respect.

:mitsu:* EvoTech

LOL you saw flames? what flames ? that wasnt me* :-o* Welcome aboard! im assuming i saw you on canoga with a car full of people no? always good to hear we have another evo in the neighborhood im tired of seeing STI's.

Yep, that was my car, although my friend was driving that night.
Your car is quick! There was a sweet "crack" sound every time you shifted and either a small flame or cloud of grey dust.
What's in that thing??

MrBubbler
12-26-2005, 11:11 AM
to much to list lol but ill name some of the basics. RnR GT35R turbo kit,aem EMS,272/272 cams, complete exhaust system. all other supporting mods.-=)

indianevodriver
12-26-2005, 11:43 AM
We should all have a meet in the valley. I never realized there are so many evos out here.

DTunedEvoX
12-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the boards ... yes there is only one valley .. the SFV ... Anyhow - we do have our weekly Wednesday meet - and a meet in the valley is the absolute worst place you can have one lol ... Just my opinion ... :police:

EVOla_VIRUS
12-26-2005, 06:59 PM
if any1 is up to cruising in the AV...let me know...a c O0ouple of roads i want to hit

indianevodriver
12-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Welcome to the boards ... yes there is only one valley .. the SFV ... Anyhow -* we do have our weekly Wednesday meet - and a meet in the valley is the absolute worst place you can have one lol ... Just my opinion ...* :police:

The Subaru guys have a meet every wednesday without any problems. As long as people dont drive like idiots everything is ok. If anyone wants to hold a mini meet in the valley i would go.

DTunedEvoX
12-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Welcome to the boards ... yes there is only one valley .. the SFV ... Anyhow -* we do have our weekly Wednesday meet - and a meet in the valley is the absolute worst place you can have one lol ... Just my opinion ...* :police:

The Subaru guys have a meet every wednesday without any problems. As long as people dont drive like idiots everything is ok. If anyone wants to hold a mini meet in the valley i would go.

We talked about this in Glendale if you dont remember .. I used to own a subbie myself and go to those meets ... Back in 02 when they used to be on Thursdays was when it was best ... I've been to once recently and I've no comment to there meets lol ... KK lot is getting rediculous though ... almost as bad as how reseda & devonshire is ...

EvoTech
12-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Welcome to the Evo community and congratulations.* There are plenty of us in the Valley.* Most of us meet up on Wednesday at the Empire Center in Burbank for our weekly meets.* See you around.

That sounds good. I'd like to meet up with you guys - just to see what everyone has and put faces to names, etc.
So, who's up for meeting on Wednesday night this week?
12-28-05.........And what time?
Where the heck is the Empire Center? (Cross Streets?) :uglystupid2:

DTunedEvoX
12-27-2005, 09:01 AM
Welcome to the Evo community and congratulations.* There are plenty of us in the Valley.* Most of us meet up on Wednesday at the Empire Center in Burbank for our weekly meets.* See you around.

That sounds good.* I'd like to meet up with you guys - just to see what everyone has and put faces to names, etc.
So, who's up for meeting on Wednesday night this week?
12-28-05.........And what time?
Where the heck is the Empire Center?* (Cross Streets?)* *:uglystupid2:

I'm sure a lot of us will be there this week (I think) ... Empire Center is that new plaza in Burbank. We usually meet @ the Krispy Kreme/Men's Wherehouse ... I can pm you directions if it need be ... I usually just go to bestbuy.com and have them give me the location of the Burbank Best Buy if I need to get directions for someone.
We also have a post here which everyone posts on and agrees on where meets are etc ... Then of course theres LOCNA ... Hope to see some new folks too :laugh:

EvoTech
12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
... Empire Center is that new plaza in Burbank. We usually meet @ the Krispy Kreme

Ok, got the directions.....God Damn, that's a long ass way. Prolly gonna cost me about 5 Dolla and 53 cents in gas just to get out there. :-P
Someone had better buy me a Krispy Kreme to make up for my losses. :uglystupid2:
What time do you guys usually meet?
I'll be there.

DTunedEvoX
12-27-2005, 11:51 AM
... Empire Center is that new plaza in Burbank. We usually meet @ the Krispy Kreme

Ok, got the directions.....God Damn, that's a long ass way.* Prolly gonna cost me about 5 Dolla and 53 cents in gas just to get out there.* :-P
Someone had better buy me a Krispy Kreme to make up for my losses.* :uglystupid2:
What time do you guys usually meet?
I'll be there.

HAHA someone usually buys a dozen (or three) ... Plus you get a free donut if you go to Krispy Kreme and pretend to look @ what donuts they have .. then just leave lol .. Not like I would know from experience or anything ...

Usually starts around 8:30pm but gets more livley around 9:00pm+ Hope to see you there :D

MrBubbler
12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
i know of a good place to hold a meet also we have a giant shopping center with a target on the backside of it and a huge parkinglot. its out of the view from cops and normal traffic. its at victory and fallbrook. if anyone would like to get a meet going i would love to go!

WhiteEvoRS
12-27-2005, 07:37 PM
welcome and congrats

indianevodriver
12-27-2005, 07:45 PM
i know of a good place to hold a meet also we have a giant shopping center with a target on the backside of it and a huge parkinglot. its out of the view from cops and normal traffic. its at victory and fallbrook. if anyone would like to get a meet going i would love to go!

I would be down to go. That is the perfect area for a meet since its kind of hidden from the main streets. btw I saw 2 evos on ventura blvd today one white one black anyone off this forum?

Bueller
03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Just to clarify...theres only ONE Valley...and thats the SFV (San Fernando Valley) :knuppel2: